2007 Patriots most dominant of all time?

For anyone who has seen the 84 9ers playoff run or the 89 9ers playoff run it's actually pretty insulting. Those 9er teams were dominant. They demoralized very good teams. The 9ers did not play in a wattered down mediocre NFL. Parity and mediocrity rule today's NFL. The teams that the niners and other dynastys (cowboys, packers, giants, steelers) had to face were very very good. The patriots faced average teams in the playoffs and especially the super bowl and were only able to win their 3 super bowls by a combined..............9 points. 9 POINTS!!!!! That's not the sign of "best of all time."

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Well I'd take the '85 Bears over those '9ers teams.

I think the Patriots dynasty is more impressive given that the rules are in place to prevent dynasties. Not going to argue that more teams makes for a worse overall league, but the Pats have played one of the toughest schedules ever - Colts, Cowboys, Chargers x 2, Giants, Jax, Redskins... The only contender they didn't play was Green Bay.

Most dominant ever, I don't know. But they belong in the conversation.

Great team, great run so far... but for some reason they underwhelm me as far as dynasties go.

I guess by far the best run during the free agency era (post '93). I think there are several teams in the 80's whose collective talent will be tough to top with the way today's league is.

1994-95 Niners (similar to the pre free agent era teams in that a buttload of $$ was spent for a guaranteed SB) and most of the 90's Cowboys teams too I'd probably rank better.

Perhaps, but...

...it is karmic justice that the Patriots lost this Super Bowl. The Patriots cheated with the Spy Gate scandal and it's illogical to assume that they did not use the information for their benefit over their victims in other Super Bowls, including the St. Louis Rams--my favorite team--which had someone from the organization allege that the Patriots video-taped the final Ram walk-throughs just prior to the Patriot/Ram SB game. Patriots cheated, period.

And I'm SO PISSED that I could not get up to Reno to place my $4,000 bet on the Giants--had I been able to get up there, I would have won well over $16,000 bucks! That's a nice, big stack of silver (I'd have taken the cash and bought up pure .999 silver with the $) to add to my ever-growing stack of silver.

I had taken my 'lil old truck in to get a new carburetor so that it could climb up and over the hill from Nevada City to Reno, but the replacement of the carburetor ran into snags, so my truck was not available; so I tried to get a hold of friends to see if they'd take me to the bus stop and got one to take me there, only to find out that the buses were not running, so I tried to hitch a ride with no success for over an hour, after which it was too late to get up to Reno to place a bet prior to the start of the Super Bowl.

Shiat! I called it right with my prediction of the Giants winning the game, though, plus I had a friend of mine check out the Akashic Records and she said that she also saw a Giants victory as well. I'm so bummed. 16 grand is a 1000 ounces of silver. I'm so bummed.