1 Question, 1 Post

Which starter would you build the future around?

• Mike Bibby

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Bonzi Wells

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Peja Stojakovic

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Brad Miller

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • None

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
Bricklayer said:
We don't have that sort of player -- if the question is actually "build around" its none. If its who would you rather keep while you try to go find that player...probably Mike.
This is about where I'm at.

T

thesanityannex

Its pretty clear that most here feel we have no one to build a team around, and after thinking about it.....................................that sucks.

thesanityannex said:
Its pretty clear that most here feel we have no one to build a team around, and after thinking about it.....................................that sucks.
Yup, it does. Hopefully Petrie realizes that as well and does something about it.

P

playmaker0017

I wouldn't "build" a team around any of these players at this point in their careers.

If I had to choose, I'd chose Shareef. I think he's the only player that is multidimensional of all the starters. Of course, PF is one of the easiest positions to fill nowadays.

Tough call.

I'd probably want to start fresh or bring in players I knew could supplant them in 3 years. But, I certainly wouldn't BUILD around them. They are too old and most are too flawed.

none....and it is almost impossible to get one via trade....in NBA there are only few top caliber players that you can build future around (and be successful): Duncan, Shaq, Garnett, James and Nash.....everything else are unsuccessful attempts: kobe, iverson, nowitzki, pierce, t-mac.....maybe we should take team approach (without stars) with complement players like Detroit

I choose Miller. Actually I like Mike and Miller. Building basketball team begins from having good PG and C. I think Mike and Miller is good, though they're tumbling now.

Miller - aside from him being a defensive liability, he's a dangerous threat at the center position. Since he can play out at the top of the key, he's bound to make someone a much better player than he is. And if you can get him an all-star caliber PF to play with, that's a killer front court (regardless of who's really 'playing' the 3).