Keegan “KEEGAN MURRAY” Murray

Keegan would have to develop huge aspects of the game in terms of the ability to score in iso. Even if Keegan stays as is, he can be productive, but while it would be awesome if he pulled stuff like that out at 24-25, it's not really fair to him to expect that IMO. Keegan starting down entire defense and still getting 25-30 a night without relying on assisted baskets is a big, big leap.

Keegan is reported to be price for Markkanen. As usual, Danny Ainge is trying to swindle someone. Markkanen only has one year left on his contract. Keegan has two left, at a far lower salary, then becomes a restricted free agent.

Sabonis - olympics
Keegs - USA Select
Duarte - qualifiers
Monk -says he's been "there" (working out) all summer.
Two way players and players in summer leagues (plural)- M. Jones, I. Jones, Crawford, C. Jones, Ellis.
Carter is one if the ones who should be playing, but he seems to be able and help this team.
Derozan?
A quite good summer.

Big Keegan Murray fan here. But if he doesn't come out in year three as spectacular in ALL aspects of the game he may become trade bait. Given his contract situation and the fans/management expectations, he could become quite the resource for obtaining another All-Star level forward to go with DeRosan.

If Keegan is going to round out all aspects of his game, it should happen after his couple of years of experience exposing him to where he needs to go and what he needs to work on. Year three needs to be a break-out year that sends him to the All-Star game and keeps him on the Kings. Otherwise, folks will start talking about his ceiling again.

I'd prefer to root for him on the Kings rather than root for him as an opponent.

Big Keegan Murray fan here. But if he doesn't come out in year three as spectacular in ALL aspects of the game he may become trade bait. Given his contract situation and the fans/management expectations, he could become quite the resource for obtaining another All-Star level forward to go with DeRosan.

If Keegan is going to round out all aspects of his game, it should happen after his couple of years of experience exposing him to where he needs to go and what he needs to work on. Year three needs to be a break-out year that sends him to the All-Star game and keeps him on the Kings. Otherwise, folks will start talking about his ceiling again.

I'd prefer to root for him on the Kings rather than root for him as an opponent.
Hopefully not. To me, our best shot at elevating to a title contender is basically tied to how good Keegan can get. IF he does get to like a PG13 level, then we all of a sudden to have the horses to go win a championship, however unlikely him reaching that level may be.

Hopefully with the addition of DeRozan, we can distribute the scoring load more evenly across the team. I’m mostly looking at Domas. Due to our own team needs, we sometimes treated him as the number two option on offense, but that’s not his game. Now DeRozan can take that role and hopefully Keegan can elevate himself to the third option and in time, the second option as DeRozan declines. This will relegate Domas to the 4th option which suits him perfectly. He might find himself with some easy buckets this season as DeRozan draws defenders away from the paint with his mid range game. Can’t wait to see it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Adding DDR gives Keegan the chance to just be Keegan. Run off screens, shoot, and play defense. I would think that was part of the plan here. More like Keegan from year 1 but with the defense of year 2.
Yeah if the Kings made any mistakes in Keegan’s development last season it was allowing him to be their best defender for most of the season while also asking him to take an increased load on offense. That’s a tough ask for even the best players in the league (the Kawhis of the world can/know how to flip the switch or pace themselves). Keegan’s defensive effort was getting to the point that it was affecting how much strength he had in his legs on his shots. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Keegan started playing better on offense the more we started using Keon in lineups and allowed Keegan to not have to guard the other team’s stud on every single possession.

Hopefully with the addition of DeRozan, we can distribute the scoring load more evenly across the team. I’m mostly looking at Domas. Due to our own team needs, we sometimes treated him as the number two option on offense, but that’s not his game. Now DeRozan can take that role and hopefully Keegan can elevate himself to the third option and in time, the second option as DeRozan declines. This will relegate Domas to the 4th option which suits him perfectly. He might find himself with some easy buckets this season as DeRozan draws defenders away from the paint with his mid range game. Can’t wait to see it.
I re-watched a few Chicago games of the last season and noticed DeRozan runs PnR with Vucevic frequently. Although his PnR is not as smooth and fast as our guards do, it is pinpoint. Domas must be relieved having another playmaker who can take his scoring load as well.
Another playmaking that stands out is his inside-out pass from the post to open shooters at the perimeter as he draws two or more defenders to him. Keegan is another beneficiary not only for open looks but also for an opportunity to elevate his inside game by playing alongside DeRozan.
Selfishly, I'm most excited about his inside scoring, knowing how it devastating can be watching Zion.