Fire PDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Huh. Maybe PDA just forgot to flip over his stat sheet. That's where the stats that start with the letter D are found.

He still has the rest of July; someone just nudge him and let him know.

I could look past the whole Reke/Iggy/Landry thing because there were excuses that could be made for both sides.

But this Monta Ellis crap is beyond stupid. I'm 100% on the fire PDA bandwagon even if we're slightly interested in getting Ellis. I don't know what he's trying to do but you can't win with an unbalanced roster like this where your defensive stalwarts are Patrick Patterson and John Salmons. Besides, is he really expecting to be able to trade away the other half of our roster? I mean does he not realize that not only do we have crappy players, but we have crappy players with crappy contracts. We're just trying to polish and trade turds with bad contracts so we can sign other turds with bad contracts. Thus, setting the franchise back another 3 or 4 years. It's the same cyclical BS. I would take any of the board members here as a GM over this douche.

if we sign monta ellis....im officially on the FIRE PDA TRAIN...mind boggling and irresponsible...
indeed. i've been an emotional fan during this early stretch of the offseason. i thought it was immensely foolish to bleed talent by letting tyreke evans go in favor of a role player in grievis vasquez. i thought it was moderately foolish to sign carl landry to a healthy long-term contract when the kings should be prioritizing defense and rebounding in their transactions. but i told myself to calm down, take time away from kingsfans.com over the weekend, and let the offseason continue to bear itself out before making a final judgment on this front office's body of work...

however, bringing in monta ellis would solidify this as a horrifically unsuccessful offseason. in my mind, such a move would solidify this as one of the most unsuccessful offseasons in recent kings history, complete with steps backward at every turn. the sum total of criticisms piled on top of tyreke regarding his playmaking abilities can be multiplied tenfold with respect to ellis. he's as big an offensive black hole as you're likely to find in the nba, and makes not an iota of sense on a roster in which demarcus cousins should be demanding the majority of touches and in which ben mclemore needs time to develop...

as a fan, all i can do is shake my head. if true, it's an absolute embarrassment. give me whatever chris wallace would have accomplished over this nonsense any day of the week...

hey everybody. i wanted to say my farewell as i can't take this retarded bull**** that is going on with the kings. i can't believe the stupidity that is going on with this team. my blood pressure has gone through the roof watching idiotic move after idiotic move.

let reke go for vasq. = on the same level of stupidity of the bucks trading tobias harris for reddick who walked at the end of the season
landry for 4 yrs and 27 million!??!?! holy ****, seriouslY???? i thought they were trying to go for a splash? this is more like a drip
monta ellis for 12M??!??!?!!!?!??? i have officially LOST MY MIND. reke is 100x better and can play multiple positions at 11m.

anyhow, i'm officially OUT as a kings fan until they fire PDA and possibly sell the team to a competent owner who will hire actual competent ppl. i'm not going to root for a team that has been gutted to try to win a few extra games now and strive for mediocrity in the long run. nothing to look forward to except bull****.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's what you can say about Kahn. As awful a GM as he was during his tenure the team had kept it's best young player (Love), added another major piece (Rubio), signed a very solid big man (Pekovic) inked a very good coach (Adelman) and was left in a pretty rosy situation with regard to the cap. It's true that outside of Rubio falling into his lap Kahn's front office was an abject failure in the draft, but at least most of his mistakes were gambling on what he saw as potential (Darko, Randolph, Beasley, Williams) instead of overpaying vets that don't fit. And I'd argue that trading Al Jefferson for Kosta Koufos and two 1st rounders was a far better trade than Tyreke for Vasquez for a number of reasons.

As funny as Brick's photoshop may be, it may be the case that D'Allesandro proves to be a worse GM than Kahn.

One thing fans could try is really tweeting, blogging whatever social media stuffiez about their potential unhappiness on certain trades. With an owner like Vivek you can be pretty darn sure that he has social media buzz monitored. And while I'm certainly not inclined to believe that Vivek would axe his GM's decision over a bunch of normal fans complaining on twitter, it just may get him to tell the FO to take a closer look at their proposed action.

i kinda wish mike malone we hired as the coach/gm. he preached changing the culture, defense, and developing young talent. PDA has signed offensive minded players, and traded away young talent. im not just talking about tyreke. but if rumors are true (again just rumors), the thought of sending away jt/ppat away in a package or jimmer away, to replace with older vets doesnt seem to fit the developing young talent criteria.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
We are now the Golden State Warriors. Not the good team from last year. The crappy one from a few years back that they worked so hard to get away from.
Exactly. But may the plan is to copy the Warriors process. Hire all their cast offs, then trade them the next generation of Warriors cast offs?

We are now the Golden State Warriors. Not the good team from last year. The crappy one from a few years back that they worked so hard to get away from.
This is what I don't understand. The Warriors made a deliberate effort to move away from that model, and instantly got better as a result.

Now we're getting guys from GSW, and they're trying to implement the old failed model.

I was hoping we got guys who learned from that experience. Turns out maybe we got the ones who left because they really wanted to keep playing midget ball and didn't get on board with the new winning culture over there.

This is what I don't understand. The Warriors made a deliberate effort to move away from that model, and instantly got better as a result.

Now we're getting guys from GSW, and they're trying to implement the old failed model.

I was hoping we got guys who learned from that experience. Turns out maybe we got the ones who left because they really wanted to keep playing midget ball and didn't get on board with the new winning culture over there.
history teaches that if you make team of Warriors outcasts, 3-4 years later you will get rid of them and have a good team.
Just need good connection with Jazz to steal Biedrins for JT and we are on the roll.

now seriously, it does not even has to happen to have a black mark on PDA.

There is no way in hell that Kings should be interested in Ellis, unless you can convince yourself that they are offering 8-9 mil to the guy that just shunned 2/24, or that all this negotiation never happened.

Of course, if LeBron stated that team with Monte has upper hand to get him down the road, than that is a different story :p

If the Kings sign Ellis, I'm taking back everything I said this weekend. That would be no plan and a nightmare.
Yeah same here. I can't defend them if they sign Monta Ellis. He's a great individual talent but he's even an even bigger ball-hog than Tyreke, a poor defender, and a moody poor character "me first" guy.

If Tyreke is not worth 11 million per year (and I don't think he is) then no way in hell Monta is.

I'm still not on the fire PDA bandwagon, but I really don't agree with the direction we seem to be going in. I don't understand why we are looking at Monta when AK-47 is there for the taking.

No matter what deals take place, I'll wait till I see how our team plays together before I fully judge PDA. Losing Tyreke for Montana is not impressing me though.....I know it's not official yet, but sure sounds like it's gonna happen.

Wait so its okay for the Warriors to "change" the team and get rid of Monte Ellis, but its not okay for us to "change" and get rid of Tyreke because he hasn't been with this new coaching staff??

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ron Loutzenhiser ‏@rloutz 4h

@Vivek @lesliempr Please don't tell me we let Evans go and are now looking at Ellis. GS got good when Ellis LEFT, remember???

Leslie Moore ‏@lesliempr 21m

@rloutz I also remember that no one wanted to come to Sac a few years ago and that someone just stepped in & saved them for you. Patience.

Looks like the front office is getting a lot of flak as that response seems to reflect just a little bit of frustration.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait so its okay for the Warriors to "change" the team and get rid of Monte Ellis, but its not okay for us to "change" and get rid of Tyreke because he hasn't been with this new coaching staff??
#1 The Warriors didn't have an ownership, front office and coaching change when they dealt Ellis. They'd all seem him up close and personal the entire time and made a well informed decision.
#2 The Warriors traded Ellis for Bogut, giving them a defensive anchor and starting center while also clearing out room for Curry and Thompson to start in the backcourt.

The Kings let their second most talented player walk out the door with only Greivis Vasquez (a free agent after the season) to show for it. Not quite apples to apples there.

But above and beyond that, Ellis and Evans are very similar players. High usage, best with the ball in their hands combo guards. The difference is that Tyreke is bigger, stronger, younger, a better defender and more efficient as a scorer. Explain to me how dumping Evans for Ellis makes the team better in any way.

that is a gross simplification. the warriors moved on from monta ellis to make room for stephen curry, who was establishing himself as a younger, superior talent. ellis and curry did not complement each other well, and dealing ellis to milwaukee brought back andrew bogut in the warriors' quest for defensive improvement...

the kings, on the other hand, moved tyreke evans, a talented young power guard with considerable defensive upside, for grievis vasquez, an older and unathletic role player with no defensive upside. it's also not as if evans and the kings' new draft pick, ben mclemore, had duplicative skill sets. in fact, they are the very definition of complementary talents. one is better with the ball in his hands, the other is better off-ball. one is a relentless rim attacker, the other is a dead-eye jump shooter. and, perhaps most importantly, both have potential on defense, the area in which the kings need the most improvement...

allowing to let evans walk in order to bring in grievis vasquez and monta ellis is a massive step backward, with respect to the stated desires of the new regime to improve the team's defense. ellis alone represents a counter desire to bring in yet another chuckers who like to hoist bad shots without competing on the defensive side of the ball. there is absolutely no comparison to the warriors' situation. the goal was to improve as a team when they traded monta ellis. the kings would not be improving as a team by bringing one of the league's premiere me-first players on board...

Status
Not open for further replies.