• Heat in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 4

• Pacers in 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
oh, well, my takeaway from the game was that Miami in the second half has figured out a way to effectively impede Indiana's lowpost game on both entries and doubling when the ball gets down low. they also managed to keep Hibbert away from the offensive glass, mostly by not overcommitting on drives, and they aggressively attacked Indiana's fairly terrible ballhandlers on all p'n'r situations with great success. on the other end, LeBron in the high post was fairly undefendable and Haslem, in his current form, is a big problem for the Pacers. but yeah, referees, I guess.

Well, my take from yesterday's game if you split the two halves up is this: in the first, they tried going bigger with birdman and subbing out haslem. The problem I had with that was that Miami, since they've been together, has always been undersized. They need haslem out there to draw defenders out. And Miami plays a swarming/intense rotation style defense. They don't really need to have all that size in the middle. All they need is an efficient offense and to play suffocating defense and the rest will be history.

To be fair, Haslem couldn't miss last night. Neither could Lebron, but you sort've anticipate that. Haslem was a huge key though last night in the run that put Miami up for good. That and Indiana lost its composure. I fully expect Indiana to win Game 6. Once Game 7 rolls around and they travel back to Miami, that is when Indiana is going to have to find a way to dictate the game's style and tempo, as they have before.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Come on, Pacers.

On a related note, I no longer have anything close to resembling respect for LBJ or his game. When the newly selected league MVP is reduced to flopping, it tells me he's truly concerned the Pacers are the better team.

Come on, Pacers.

On a related note, I no longer have anything close to resembling respect for LBJ or his game. When the newly selected league MVP is reduced to flopping, it tells me he's truly concerned the Pacers are the better team.
Flopping and later sprinting down the entire court full speed -like Forrest Gump- because he was called for an offensive foul.

Seriously, that was one of the most immature things I've EVER seen a NBA player do, especially a MVP.

Roy Hibbert is just the best, isn't he? brilliant, brilliant defender, improving and already respectable, in certain matchups even devastating, offensive player and just a really cool guy. love that man. quickly replacing Joakim Noah as my favourite non-King.

The Pacers played well and deserved the victory, and for me I fancy them to take the decider. I think they have an edge over the Heat at the minute, with George and Hibbert both playing to a high level, and Bosh and Wade continuing to struggle.

I wonder if the Heat 'fail' to win a championship, if they would consider trading or using the amnesty against one of Bosh or Wade?

It is likely that they will keep them together even if they don't win this year and make another run at a championship next season. But with Wade's ailing knee, there have been rumors about his long term future with him struggling to remain healthy and perform at a high level; and while Bosh's recent struggles might be temporary, his defense isn't exactly stellar especially considering he plays center, but that aside trade rumors continue to come up every now and then about him. Personally they should keep them together for next season, they will still be good enough to dominate in the east again, but long term I don't see them sticking with their current big three beyond next season or at the latest their player option seasons.

3 years ago Lebron proclaimed that he wasn't getting enough help from his teammates in Cleveland and ultimately made "The Decision". 3 years later he isn't getting enough help from the teammates whom he practically hand-picked himself.

3 years ago Lebron proclaimed that he wasn't getting enough help from his teammates in Cleveland and ultimately made "The Decision". 3 years later he isn't getting enough help from the teammates whom he practically hand-picked himself.
He hand picked a lot of his teammates in Cleveland as well.

that flop to draw an offensive foul on Paul George last night was just utterly embarrassing. i thought this guy was the best player in the game?

that flop to draw an offensive foul on Paul George last night was just utterly embarrassing. i thought this guy was the best player in the game?
Everyone always sees the shining dunks and the fast breaks, but look closely and you'll see Lebron and Wade co-starring in "Who can flop better?" There is a sequel coming out starring Lebron called "The same thing is happening again! My teammates are to blame!" Seriously though, Lebron has been flopping on a ridiculous level this year, and his sprinting the full length of the court after being called for an offensive foul was disgusting to watch. If Cousins did it, he would have been assessed a technical at the very least and maybe even ejected. Let's not forget about Wade's flying elbow. How that could be anything other than intentional (yet ignored by the league) is beyond me.

Kenny Mauer and Scott Foster amongst the refs for game seven. not good. not good at all.
Not good for the Heat? The Pacers? I'm not sure I follow.

By the way, I've been thinking, with the glaring fact of Heat's inferior inside D, can we contribute some of the Heat's success this past few years to the fact that league-wide there's a lack of skillful big man?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kenny Mauer and Scott Foster amongst the refs for game seven. not good. not good at all.
Where did you find that? I've never been able to find a site that was able to give referee information in advance of the game...

Everyone always sees the shining dunks and the fast breaks, but look closely and you'll see Lebron and Wade co-starring in "Who can flop better?" There is a sequel coming out starring Lebron called "The same thing is happening again! My teammates are to blame!" Seriously though, Lebron has been flopping on a ridiculous level this year, and his sprinting the full length of the court after being called for an offensive foul was disgusting to watch. If Cousins did it, he would have been assessed a technical at the very least and maybe even ejected. Let's not forget about Wade's flying elbow. How that could be anything other than intentional (yet ignored by the league) is beyond me.
Lebron actually did get called for a technical for running. Him and one of their assistant coaches. And I totally agree with the flopping thing but give him credit, he really is playing at a very high level and doing all he can. Objectively speaking his team mates ARE to blame. I just don't think that warrants you changing team to join 2 other superstars (if you have any ego and loyalty)

Not good for the Heat? The Pacers? I'm not sure I follow.

By the way, I've been thinking, with the glaring fact of Heat's inferior inside D, can we contribute some of the Heat's success this past few years to the fact that league-wide there's a lack of skillful big man?
outside of Joey Crawford, Kenny Mauer is the uncrowned king of losing his **** as a referee and Foster has very much been on his trail these playoffs. I'm just scared that one that they'll make themselves part of the story and that the way the calls went will dominate the discussion afterwards.

Lebron actually did get called for a technical for running. Him and one of their assistant coaches. And I totally agree with the flopping thing but give him credit, he really is playing at a very high level and doing all he can. Objectively speaking his team mates ARE to blame. I just don't think that warrants you changing team to join 2 other superstars (if you have any ego and loyalty)
Again, I don't mind TOO much for him switching (Although I don't see Jordan joining Magic or Bird, as MJ said so himself), but more the HOW he did it.

It's water under the bridge but for me, it just permanently hurt his integrity. It just shows that having skills does not equal to having integrity.

Heat are out there setting illegal screens, hacking Hibbert in the paint, running people over. NBA will make sure LeBron is in the finals. TV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I do not see bias yet.
Refs are finally letting the game be basketball, not ballet. They are not calling touchy fouls and are letting contacts on both sides. Yes, there is a lot of contact under Heat hoop, but the same goes the other way.
It was pure pleasure seeing floppers moping the floor and the guy they left scoring uncontested.

What is the difference for now is that one team has ball movement that opens the space and breaks defense, the other one does not.
Are Pacers guards really awful like this or they just have miserable game tonight? 2 fouls on Hibbert are directly due to guards defense mistakes.

Still hope that Pacers will win, but so far they do not deserve it.