[Game] Kings @ Suns 3/28/13

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Tyreke out there doing his job, as usual. I'm honestly more than a little surprised he's still out there. And, having said that, I realize the odds of him remaining on the court have dropped drastically. One point in his favor is Smart's inability to understand the substitution during time-out concept.
10pts, on 50% shooting, 3reb, 6ast, 0to. And, if he weren't our second-best player, that'd be a damn good night.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ha Ha. Those are my friends sons that came in from New Mexico to watch Jimmer.
They're passionate Kings fans and I love it!!!

Something else I love? Seeing DFC not just heading for the tunnel but talking to the Suns players before heading for his interview with Grant and Bill. Walton asking most of the questions. Grant rather subdued...

10pts, on 50% shooting, 3reb, 6ast, 0to. And, if he weren't our second-best player, that'd be a damn good night.
the thing that aggravates me is that tyreke doesn't get a fraction of the love, hype, or credit from the kings organization that isaiah thomas does, despite the fact that 'reke is a superior talent in nearly every facet of the game. the kings relegate him to the wing, and keep the ball out of his hands even though he's their most consistent playmaker. in other words, tyreke evans will be a restricted free agent with a lot of great reasons to move on in the offseason...

They're passionate Kings fans and I love it!!!

Something else I love? Seeing DFC not just heading for the tunnel but talking to the Suns players before heading for his interview with Grant and Bill. Walton asking most of the questions. Grant rather subdued...
They are not really Kings fans, they are Jimmer fans. Their dad and Uncles and aunts went to BYU and the whole family grew up BYU fans.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
the thing that aggravates me is that tyreke doesn't get a fraction of the love, hype, or credit from the kings organization that isaiah thomas does, despite the fact that 'reke is a superior talent in nearly every facet of the game. the kings relegate him to the wing, and keep the ball out of his hands even though he's their most consistent playmaker. in other words, tyreke evans will be a restricted free agent with a lot of great reasons to move on in the offseason...
Hopefully the whales can sell him on staying. Normally, that'd by the GM's job, but I want the current GM gone, with the rest of the old regime.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach he's gonna go "James Harden" for another team. Watch Orlando or Charlotte or Dallas throw money at him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
They are not really Kings fans, they are Jimmer fans. Their dad and Uncles and aunts went to BYU and the whole family grew up BYU fans.
So, they're like my nephew, just indoctrinated? Not necessarily really fans? My sister and her son live with my parents, and my nephew just claims to be a fan of whatever teams my dad is a fan of. I remember him saying before the Superbowl that he was rooting for the 49ers, and I asked him if he could even name two players on the 49ers?

He could not. Hell, I could name three players off the 49ers, and I don't even like football.

Tyreke and Jimmer work well off each other, monster game from Cousins who seems to do this like clockwork against the Suns. P Pat has been a green addition for us, he spreads the floor and hustles more than T Rob ever did, and thats what we drafted him for, we got a steal. It's clear that Isaiah is the reason this team becomes a scoring machine. He pushes the ball at every opportunity, as he should, this team is young and with all the shooters we have it makes our running game lethal. With this current roster and how they are playing, they could have been a 40 win team given a full season. Hopefully we finish out the season well, get a new coach that can fully utilize our talent and we could be the Warriors of next season.

So, they're like my nephew, just indoctrinated? Not necessarily really fans? My sister and her son live with my parents, and my nephew just claims to be a fan of whatever teams my dad is a fan of. I remember him saying before the Superbowl that he was rooting for the 49ers, and I asked him if he could even name two players on the 49ers?

He could not. Hell, I could name three players off the 49ers, and I don't even like football.
They follow BYU sports. The little boys dad played Football and baseball at BYU and they watch all t he games. I would be willing to bet that they watched almost every BYU basketball game this year.

I wonder what it would be like to watch Bill Walton and Gary Busey have a conversation. I dont think there is an amount of weed in the world that would make sense of that.

Hopefully the whales can sell him on staying. Normally, that'd by the GM's job, but I want the current GM gone, with the rest of the old regime.
indeed. but it's a lotta heavy lifting for the new regime. they've gotta clean house at every level of the organization: bring in a new gm, hunt down a worthy head coach, consider the draft, consider the mess of a roster, etc. my concern is that another team will offer tyreke big money, and he could get lost in the shuffle, opting to bolt for another team rather than stick around through the upheaval. ranadive, mastrov and co. have their hands full right now working on securing the team, but i'm hoping they've given some thought already to retaining tyreke should they succeed in purchasing the kings...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
indeed. but it's a lotta heavy lifting for the new regime. they've gotta clean house at every level of the organization: bring in a new gm, hunt down a worthy head coach, consider the draft, consider the mess of a roster, etc. my concern is that another team will offer tyreke big money, and he could get lost in the shuffle, opting to bolt for another team rather than stick around through the upheaval. ranadive, mastrov and co. have their hands full right now working on securing the team, but i'm hoping they've given some thought already to retaining tyreke should they succeed in purchasing the kings...
That one bolded word should ease your mind. I'm pretty sure he's already got some firm ideas about players. Remember, he wrote a book called "The Two-Second Advantage: How We Succeed by Anticipating the Future--Just Enough by Vivek Ranadive."