Fourth whale spotted!!!

thats not true, barkeley basically says whatever he wants, alot of commentators have come out in direct support of sac, magic, jalen, bill simmons, Shaq, Kenny etc..

I think what grant did really turned webber off to all of this, yeah webber messed up on tnt about the situation but grant didnt have to embarass him like he did.
that would be very weird. after the incident with Grant, Webber still received a lot of support from the fans and I refuse to believe that Webber would care enough about Grant's opinion or the way he portrayed him. there must be some other reason behind this.

Nice to hear. Were there any specifics that popped out at you from the interview?
He says that he hates losing! He said that he is fortunate to be part of the ownership group. I think he said He has support of other owners to keep Kings in Sacramento. He says he has people in San Diego, Silicon Valley so all over California helping to save the Kings. So all of California is helping to keep the Kings there in Sacramento.

that would be very weird. after the incident with Grant, Webber still received a lot of support from the fans and I refuse to believe that Webber would care enough about Grant's opinion or the way he portrayed him. there must be some other reason behind this.
you may be right, its all speculation on my part, i just drew the connection because webber went silent right after that spat with grant on air.

So whats the non bias odds the kings stay as of right now? haven't stayed on top of this story. Going through these threads i see a lot of optimism, but this is also a Kings forum, so i don't know what the neutral view is right now.

So whats the non bias odds the kings stay as of right now? haven't stayed on top of this story. Going through these threads i see a lot of optimism, but this is also a Kings forum, so i don't know what the neutral view is right now.
I can help you.

The unbiased opinion is that there is absolutely zero chance in hell that the Kings will move.

In addition to all the things we're lining up (arena, owner group, corp support, etc), the real key thing that Stern has said is this: An ownership group that has decided to exit the NBA does not retain the right to decide where that franchise will be located, or who will own it.

I repeat: The seller of the franchise does NOT choose the buyer. No way. Not a chance. It's really pretty simple. This fact is COMPLETELY lost on the Seattle fans. Nowhere in their argument do they even acknowledge this. Even Spencer Hawes himself has no clue about this extremely important fact. It's embarrassing for them. Kings fans are so much more well informed.

Last edited:
Who? Grant Napear?

I would be surprised if CWebb gives a damn what lil' Grant Napear had to say. Unless the TNT people told him to cool it.

I can help you.

The unbiased opinion is that there is absolutely zero chance in hell that the Kings will move.

In addition to all the things we're lining up (arena, owner group, corp support, etc), the real key thing that Stern has said is this: An ownership group that has decided to exit the NBA does not retain the right to decide where that franchise will be located, or who will own it.

I repeat: The seller of the franchise does NOT choose the buyer. No way. Not a chance. It's really pretty simple. This fact is COMPLETELY lost on the Seattle fans. Nowhere in their argument do they even acknowledge this. Even Spencer Hawes himself has no clue about this extremely important fact. It's embarrassing for them. Kings fans are so much more well informed.
Okay, I agree with you but that's NOT an unbiased view. :)

Okay, I agree with you but that's NOT an unbiased view. :)
I think you're confusing "unbiased" with "uninformed". (Or "biased" with "informed".)

I'm actually serious. There has yet to be spotted an INFORMED Seattle opinion (or national media opinion) that still has them moving up there.

As soon as anyone learns the facts and the history, it quickly becomes obvious the team is not moving. Serisously. Andybody... name me ONE person who knows the facts and history who thinks the Kings will move. Not a single person.

I think you're confusing "unbiased" with "uninformed". (Or "biased" with "informed".)

I'm actually serious. There has yet to be spotted an INFORMED Seattle opinion (or national media opinion) that still has them moving up there.

As soon as anyone learns the facts and the history, it quickly becomes obvious the team is not moving. Serisously. Andybody... name me ONE person who knows the facts and history who thinks the Kings will move. Not a single person.
Again, I agree with you on your main point, which is that they're staying. I think we disagree on the definition of "unbiased," but that's okay. Looking forward to watching them here in Sac for years to come.

Again, I agree with you on your main point, which is that they're staying. I think we disagree on the definition of "unbiased," but that's okay. Looking forward to watching them here in Sac for years to come.
Ok. Sounds good! :D

By the way, Vivek in his element. This is fascinating talk. Does anybody think a guy who's this data driven and wants to invest significantly in this market hasn't looked at all available information to make his decision? This nerd is going to make cotton candy out of the BoG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very impressive. Hopefully he addresses the BOG. He makes the idea of moving out of Sacramento a very silly idea. Seriously, everyone needs to listen to it.
I don't know if it's been mentioned here before but one point Vivek made was that our investor group hail from all the biggest metro areas in California - covering entire state. Burkle from LA, Mastrov from East Bay, Jacob family from San Diego, and Ranadive from South Bay. Then there's 20+ local minority investors at $1M each mainly from Sacramento. It is exactly what he said it is - "a dream team."

Now, we need to convince BoG soon to meet April 3 in NYC in consultation with final vote April 18-19 that we have the winning bid in spades! GO SACRAMENTO!

I don't know if it's been mentioned here before but one point Vivek made was that our investor group hail from all the biggest metro areas in California - covering entire state. Burkle from LA, Mastrov from East Bay, Jacob family from San Diego, and Ranadive from South Bay. Then there's 20+ local minority investors at $1M each mainly from Sacramento. It is exactly what he said it is - "a dream team."

Now, we need to convince BoG soon to meet April 3 in NYC in consultation with final vote April 18-19 that we have the winning bid in spades! GO SACRAMENTO!
No kidding. I feel like we should get KJ a leather jacket and an eye patch because he's been basically playing the role of Nick Fury assembling the Avengers.