Seattle rumors/comments - post them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a credible source, just rumors. I don't know the rules about posting rumors, but I thought it was worth a post. Supposedly Seattle's mayor has a press conference tomorrow.

Source: http://twitter.com/PaulNovakSSC
SeattleSportsCentral ‏@PaulNovakSSC
Rumors coming from @ArenaSeattle that the Maloofs have sold the Kings to Seattle. Could be what Mayor McGinn's press conference is about.

Paul Reindl ‏@realpaulreindl
RUMOR has it that the Maloofs sold to Seattle!!!!! Just a rumor, but Mayor McGinn has a press conference tomorrow. Can't wait to wake up!!

It seems like a good time to post a BS rumor. Let it sit online all night so no credible source can refute it until the next day. I dont buy. Selling a professional sports franchise doesnt happen without a good deal of talks leading up to the event. If Virginia beach was such a public travistshamockery then why would Seattle be done in such secrecy? Doesnt make sense to me. Im declaring shenanigans.

Also, the league would have to approve. A complicated mess like this doesnt just totally sort itself out without there being some news about it before it happens.

It seems like a good time to post a BS rumor. Let it sit online all night so no credible source can refute it until the next day. I dont buy. Selling a professional sports franchise doesnt happen without a good deal of talks leading up to the event. If Virginia beach was such a public travistshamockery then why would Seattle be done in such secrecy? Doesnt make sense to me. Im declaring shenanigans.
Smoke screen.... use Viginia Beach to veil the real negotiations behind the scene...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
To say that rumor seems dubious is an understatement.

But this sort of thing is also why I ahve repeatedly said that Sacto fans may have been rooting against thier own interests in this intense desire/demand the Maloofs sell at a time when the most aggressive buyer on the market is looking to bring a team to Seattle. The Maloofs stubborness may actually save the Kings in Sacramento now. A more practical seller would have already have sold them out from under you.

ya u cant just sell a franchise to another city lol.

if anything, they sold to a buyer who is planning to relocate the franchise to Seattle. which means its not 100% that the team will be moved. although the NBA would like to give Seattle a team so i cant see them saying no

his press conference, if its even about NBA or the Kings. is probably to say that they are moving forward with the arena

Last edited:
Regardless of this being true or not, I'm starting to think its inevitable. The Maloofs wouldn't put a price on the team if they didn't want to sell. Chris Hansen is willing to overpay. The Maloofs are heartless bastards who won't bat an eyelash at breaking the hearts of thousands of Kings fans to put a few extra mil in their pockets. The general view around the NBA and its fans seems to be that Seattle is more deserving of the Kings than Sacramento is.

The rumor was started by NBA agent David Falk's daughter

[TABLE="class: tweet, width: 520"]
[TR="class: tweet-header"]
[TD="class: user-info"]Daina Falk @TheHungryFan[/TD]
[TD="class: timestamp, align: right"]13h[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tweet-container"]
[TD="class: tweet-content, colspan: 2"]So I hear that the Seattle Kings is officially a done deal! The Maloofs finally sold the ailing Sacramento team. #NBA

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

so what does this mean? and who is this agent
David B. Falk (born 1950)[1][2] is an American sports agent who primarily works with basketball players in the National Basketball Association. Falk began his career representing professional tennis players for Donald Dell's ProServ and is best known for representing sports icon Michael Jordan for the entirety of Jordan's career.[3][4][5] Besides Jordan, Falk has represented more than 100 other NBA players, and is generally considered to be the most influential player agent the NBA has seen.[4][6][7][8] During the peak years of Falk's career in the 1990s, he was often considered the second-most powerful person in the NBA behind Commissioner David Stern,[2][9][10][11] and in 2000 he had at least one client on all but two NBA teams.[12] He was listed among the "100 Most Powerful People in Sports" for 12 straight years from 1990 to 2001 by The Sporting News,[13] and was also named one of the Top 50 Marketers in the United States by Advertising Age in 1995.[10]

so what does it mean that the rumor was started by his daughter? does that mean its probably true or probably BS?
Doesn't mean its true or false. What it does mean is that this rumor wasn't started by some random guy in his basement. It was started by people who might know about this sort of thing before everyone else.

Permanent stay or a move or a sell and move or a sell and stay, whatever is gonna happen needs to just happen. Fans have sufferee for too long.

J

jdbraver

Chris Hansen bought $1.6 million worth of property the day the VB news broke.[/QUOTE]

F U seattle! Oh and the maloofs!

I would say one thing, don't count out the Maloofs. They would do something shady like this. I hope the NBA does the right thing and blocks the sale and forces these ****ers to bleed.

I don't think the NBA can block the sale. Maybe they could block the move from Sacramento to Seattle, but I doubt it. They own Seattle a franchise. If this is true, is really a bad news for the city of Sacramento. I doubt it's a done deal anyways, like others said you just don't keep everything secret until it's all done. But maybe it means that they are making progress, I'm sure something is going on behind the scenes.

Bricklayer

I don't think the NBA can block the sale. Maybe they could block the move from Sacramento to Seattle, but I doubt it. They own Seattle a franchise. If this is true, is really a bad news for the city of Sacramento. I doubt it's a done deal anyways, like others said you just don't keep everything secret until it's all done. But maybe it means that they are making progress, I'm sure something is going on behind the scenes.
NBA has to approve all sales. They can always block.

Also why this rumor is dubious, or perhaps misinterpreted given the source (i.e. imagine this scenario -- there is an expectation in certain circles that if the Maloofs can't get Va. Beach they will then try to sell. The Maloofs don't get Va. Beach, so everybody in that circle EXPECTS them to sell, so this woman hears Va. Beach fell through and says "well, from what I am hearing sounds like Seattle Kings are a go" or whatever.

I say the rumor is dubious, because what are the odds with the Kings leaking like a sieve on rumors of all kinds, with reporters all over this issue, that somehow the Maloofs and the Seattle group could have been secretly conducting high level meetings without a peep being heard by anyone? Really? To the point of signing a half billion dollar deal without one leak? Unless it was a Maloofs hyper impulse thing...well, we'll just see. Regardless of what is said tommorow, the NBA would still have to approve. They might though for Seatle.

Also why this rumor is dubious, or perhaps misinterpreted given the source (i.e. imagine this scenario -- there is an expectation in certain circles that if the Maloofs can't get Va. Beach they will then try to sell. The Maloofs don't get Va. Beach, so everybody in that circle EXPECTS them to sell, so this woman hears Va. Beach fell through and says "well, from what I am hearing sounds like Seattle Kings are a go" or whatever.

I say the rumor is dubious, because what are the odds with the Kings leaking like a sieve on rumors of all kinds, with reporters all over this issue, that somehow the Maloofs and the Seattle group could have been secretly conducting high level meetings without a peep being heard by anyone? Really? To the point of signing a half billion dollar deal without one leak? Unless it was a Maloofs hyper impulse thing...well, we'll just see. Regardless of what is said tommorow, the NBA would still have to approve. They might though for Seatle.
This feels....true. Uh oh.

This is what I am nervous about! The NBA owe Seattle a team and this is just about the only relocation request that NBA might just approve in all this.

Hopefully its just a big pile of bull****. If the Kings are sold, its hopefully to an ownership group that are keeping the Kings in Sacramento

Thanks, I didn't know the NBA has to approve all sales. But I guess they would never block a sale that would kick the Maloofs out of their business.

I don't know what to think. Being from Italy, I don't have a strong local connection as you guys obviously have, but I don't want to see the Kings leave. I lived in Roseville for almost a year back in 2000 and I know how much you guys over there love the Kings. I'm rooting for you to keep the team, of course with a new ownership willing to keep the team in Sacramento.

Bricklayer

I have alot of kings stuff to burn. Lots of it.
Who's gonna put together the bonfire party? I would like to RSVP.
doesn't seem entirely reasonable, especially since the franchise would likely become the Supersonics, leaving the Kings name and history behind in Sacto.

Status
Not open for further replies.