Rumor: Celtics may make another run at Tyreke Evans

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Lol at Deng? You mean a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA the last 3 years, one of the top rebounding SF's in the NBA, and can be a #2 option for a championship contender? Not to mention he's been noted as a great locker room guy and plays to the fullest of his capabilities on the court.

Trading Evans for him would be an iffy deal since we've saw Reke's resurgence for that 2 week stretch. Part of the reason we suck and teams like Chicago are good are because of players like Deng. He's the kind of player we should be striving to acquire.
Luol Deng is a nice support player. Put him next to one or more stars and he's a very strong third banana type. But he can't make you win. Throw him onto Washington right now and they still lose every game.

Now you find me a way to get Luol Deng ehere wihtout giving up Reke/Cousins, and I am all ears. Perfect steady rock/third guy for them. Cousins/Thompson/Deng/Evans is 4/5 of a rock steady lineup. Cousins' explosions aside.

Being Deng here by swapping out your stars and its just as clueless as Kings management going out to get Rodney McCray back in the day, and trading away Otis Thorpe to do it. Deng is a great support player. He's not the show. Ask him to be, and you fail and his glitter disappears in a hurrry.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
DMC+ thornton to raptors for Bargs, Lowry and one of their sf. Lowry/Evans/Salmons/Bargs/JT. Bench: Jimmer/it/sf/chuck/trob
We don't already have enough pgs? Rather than offer Thornton, it would probaby be better to offer one of our preexisting guards. Plus why in god's name would anyone want Bargnani?

What about a trade with the Nuggets? They have a huge collection of great players but no one with real star potential. Tyreke would fit great into there system right now. Also they have no real force at Center so Cousins would be a possiblity. They have a few players that could really solve some problems for us....

Danillo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
Andre Iguodala
Kosta Koufos
Jordan Hamilton
Timofy Mozgov
Kenneth Faried
Corey Brewer
Andre Miller

Cousins, Evans, Garcia for Faried, Iggy, and Chandler/Koufas? Does that sound ridiculous? Im not really sure.

What about a trade with the Nuggets? They have a huge collection of great players but no one with real star potential. Tyreke would fit great into there system right now. Also they have no real force at Center so Cousins would be a possiblity. They have a few players that could really solve some problems for us....

Danillo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
Andre Iguodala
Kosta Koufos
Jordan Hamilton
Timofy Mozgov
Kenneth Faried
Corey Brewer
Andre Miller

Cousins, Evans, Garcia for Faried, Iggy, and Chandler/Koufas? Does that sound ridiculous? Im not really sure.
so they have no stars and we have some. so we become a charity that gives stars away for role players? lol i just don't get the logic

we had collection of role players back in 05, 06 with bibby miller and stojakovic. does anybody think that trio of great role players could take us to a championship? we finally have some players that are elite and you want to trade em for role players..

Its like Kings fans are in a race today to suggest the deal to most quickly gut their franchise and leave it flopping on the deck like an expiring fish.
Not really. My first choice is to keep Cousins and Tyreke. I just think its fun to throw around what if ideas. I still like alot of those pieces that Denver has though... pair a few of them up with Cousins and Tyreke and it would be awesome. Outside of Cousins and Reke though we don't have anything else to acquire that kind of talent.

Plus....Espn trade machine says we gain wins.... lol

Your right though. Doesn't really get us anywhere to trade both Reke and Cousins for those type of players.

Last edited:
so they have no stars and we have some. so we become a charity that gives stars away for role players? lol i just don't get the logic
It was more of a worst case scenerio thing if the kings give up on Cousins and or Tyreke. I'd rather get some real talent in return than some of the garbage people are suggesting like fab melo or a declining danny granger.

Has anyone ever heard the expression "you can learn a lot from a dummy"? Wash traded us a prime Cwebb for a washed up "Rock". GP do you still got it? If so lets see some smart moves here while we got all these GM's blowing up our phone's.

Has anyone ever heard the expression "you can learn a lot from a dummy"? Wash traded us a prime Cwebb for a washed up "Rock". GP do you still got it? If so lets see some smart moves here while we got all these GM's blowing up our phone's.
I don't really see us having the players to make that sort of move though. If anything its going to be us giving away the C-Webb for a washed up player.

I don't really see us having the players to make that sort of move though. If anything its going to be us giving away the C-Webb for a washed up player.
The thing is we aren't trying to get the CWebb. We already have potential young stars in Cousins and Evans. What we need are the right complimentary pieces and we do have the right resources for those kinds of moves. Get those done, including vets to help steady Cuz (and hopefully a new coach) and we may be headed somewhere. But simply compiling a bunch of "flexible pieces" in exchange for the young stars and this team will be set back another 5 plus years.

This team needs better interior d, rebounding, and upgrades at point guard and sf (though I actually think you could manage with Salmons and Johnson for the year). I think the Kings should look at moving some combination of Thornton, IT/Brooks, and Hayes (with maybe TRob if the deal was right). Obviously, guys like Outlaw, Garcia, etc. could also go but I'm not sure how much value they have.

Teams I'd be talking to include Chicago (need scoring punch at the guard), Cavs (could use backup pg), Nuggets (have a lot of nice pieces and could use a more dependable scorer), Detroit (2 guard), Lakers (bench help), Bucks (need another scoring option and have excess pieces), Wolves (need scoring help), Sixers (scoring), Raptors (point guard overlap), Jazz (need pg and have bigs).

Last edited:
we had collection of role players back in 05, 06 with bibby miller and stojakovic. does anybody think that trio of great role players could take us to a championship? we finally have some players that are elite and you want to trade em for role players..
Elite players? What elite players?

L

LWP777

We do not have any stars! It's amazing I keep hearing people say we do. We have nobody NEAR being a star right now. Potential is a dime a dozen in the NBA. Talent too. This is Reke's 4th year and DMC's 3rd year. They both have regressed since their rookie year. They are going backward, not forward. Do they still have a chance of becoming stars in the league? Yeah, I guess but they better hurry up because they aren't rookies anymore. They are veterans.

We do not have any stars! It's amazing I keep hearing people say we do. We have nobody NEAR being a star right now. Potential is a dime a dozen in the NBA. Talent too. This is Reke's 4th year and DMC's 3rd year. They both have regressed since their rookie year. They are going backward, not forward. Do they still have a chance of becoming stars in the league? Yeah, I guess but they better hurry up because they aren't rookies anymore. They are veterans.
Name all the guys currently in the league that were by your definition stars at 22 or 23.

For reference, here are our guys ages and per 36 numbers:

Cousins (age 22): 19.6 ppg, 11.3 reb, 2.6 ast, 1.7 stl, .7 blks

Evans (age 23): 17.6 ppg, 5.6 reb, 3.8 ast, 1.5 stl, .6 blk

Last edited:
L

LWP777

Name all the guys currently in the league that were by your definition stars at 22 or 23.

For reference, here are our guys ages and per 36 numbers:

Cousins (age 22): 19.6 ppg, 11.3 reb, 2.6 ast, 1.7 stl, .7 blks

Evans (age 23): 17.6 ppg, 5.6 reb, 3.8 ast, 1.5 stl, .6 blk
Are you serious? How about Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul. Do you need more? I can also name about 50 retired players who were stars at 22 or 23. Just let me know.

Are you serious? How about Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul. Do you need more? I can also name about 50 retired players who were stars at 22 or 23. Just let me know.
So you define a star as one of the top 5-10 players in the league and probable hall of famers (with the exception of griffin)? Which means most of the teams in the league have none, correct?

L

LWP777

So you define a star as one of the top 5-10 players in the league and probable hall of famers (with the exception of griffin)? Which means most of the teams in the league have none, correct?
Yeah, I do. What is your definition of a star? Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay? If that's the case then we still don't have stars because DMC and Reke aren't as good as them. Bricklayer and other respected posters keep talking about how DMC and Reke have superstar potential and they will win us or another team championships. They are decent players but I just don't see them in the "star" category.

I answered your question. You can clearly see that most NBA stars become so at around age 21-23. That's why I'm worried about DMC and Reke not making the cut.

Yeah, I do. What is your definition of a star? Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay? If that's the case then we still don't have stars because DMC and Reke aren't as good as them. Bricklayer and other respected posters keep talking about how DMC and Reke have superstar potential and they will win us or another team championships. They are decent players but I just don't see them in the "star" category.

I answered your question. You can clearly see that most NBA stars become so at around age 21-23. That's why I'm worried about DMC and Reke not making the cut.
Now I can understand where your misguided ranting and raving comes from. You think our guys should be superstars (not stars) at 23 and if they aren't now they are overrated and should be moved in the right deal. But you've already mentioned there are probably only 5-10 guys that are at that level of talent/performance. Doesn't that suggest we might want to hold on to our young guys as even if they don't reach that ultra-rare superstar level, they are still probably better than a huge portion of the league when you look at their production relative to their age?

L

LWP777

Now I can understand where your misguided ranting and raving comes from. You think our guys should be superstars (not stars) at 23 and if they aren't now they are overrated and should be moved in the right deal. But you've already mentioned there are probably only 5-10 guys that are at that level of talent/performance. Doesn't that suggest we might want to hold on to our young guys as even if they don't reach that ultra-rare superstar level, they are still probably better than a huge portion of the league when you look at their production relative to their age?
I am not misguided at all. Both DMC and Reke have not proved me wrong as of yet. They both have regressed. I'm having doubts if they can even become as good as Randolph and Gay. I think Tyreke is a great kid so I'm willing to be more patient with him. He's not a disruption to the team. Cousins on the other hand...well, he's a cancer.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

You know, if you would stop exaggeration, you might be fun to argue with. No one has said any King would lead this team to a championship. Why make up stuff if your argument is solid? Nobody knows what person will be a superstar with 100% accuracy. What I see is two guys who could be superstars with Cousins edging out Tyreke. I said "could." At this point in time, that's all we can know. But as they are the only two on our team who COULD become stars, don't get rid of them. That's all I've ever meant so quit twisting words to make your argument better. If you find a post of mine or whoever else you are referring to that say absolutely that these two guys will become superstars, point them out.

Most people who become superstars don't play for teams that are in chaos. Yes, that's an excuse but it's valid. I don't know why you would "worry" that DMC and Tyreke won't make the cut. You HAVE been a fan of this team from its inception, right? Name the superstars that have been on the Kings since being in Sacramento. I don't know if you count all-stars as stars (I don't think so) but we have had darn few even at this low bar of stardom.

L

LWP777

You know, if you would stop exaggeration, you might be fun to argue with. No one has said any King would lead this team to a championship. Why make up stuff if your argument is solid? Nobody knows what person will be a superstar with 100% accuracy. What I see is two guys who could be superstars with Cousins edging out Tyreke. I said "could." At this point in time, that's all we can know. But as they are the only two on our team who COULD become stars, don't get rid of them. That's all I've ever meant so quit twisting words to make your argument better. If you find a post of mine or whoever else you are referring to that say absolutely that these two guys will become superstars, point them out.

Most people who become superstars don't play for teams that are in chaos. Yes, that's an excuse but it's valid. I don't know why you would "worry" that DMC and Tyreke won't make the cut. You HAVE been a fan of this team from its inception, right? Name the superstars that have been on the Kings since being in Sacramento. I don't know if you count all-stars as stars (I don't think so) but we have had darn few even at this low bar of stardom.
I apologize if I offended you. It's mostly Bricklayer who talks a lot about "superstars" and winning championships. And a lot of other posters tend to follow his opinion a lot so I probably lumped in people who shouldn't have been included in that opinion. As far as superstars on the Sacramento Kings, I can only think of one. Chris Webber. He may have even been a borderline superstar. We had other "stars" like Mitch Richmond, Vlade, Peja, possibly Mike Bibby. DMC and Reke are nowhere near any of those guys...yet.

I am not misguided at all. Both DMC and Reke have not proved me wrong as of yet. They both have regressed. I'm having doubts if they can even become as good as Randolph and Gay. I think Tyreke is a great kid so I'm willing to be more patient with him. He's not a disruption to the team. Cousins on the other hand...well, he's a cancer.
Top 15 (or so) bigs currently in the league at 22
Pau Gasol: 19 ppg, 8.8rpg, 2.8 apg, .4spg, 1.8bpg
Marc Gasol (not in league)
Al Horford: 12.4 ppg. 10rpg, 2.6apg, .9spg. 1.5bpg
Brook Lopez: 20.8 ppg, 6rpg, 1.6apg, .6spg, 1.5bpg
Kevin Garnett: 19.8ppg, 9.8rpg, 4.1apg, 1.7spg, 1.8bpg
Joakim Noah: 11.5ppg, 9.8rpg, 2apg, 1.6spg, 1.5bpg
Al Jefferson: 17.2ppg, 11.2rpg, 1.4apg, .7spg, 1.6bpg
Tyson Chandler: 10.5ppg, 12.7rpg, 1.1apg, 1.1spg, 2.3bpg
Chris Bosh: 21ppg, 10rpg, 2.4apg, .5spg, 1.2bpg
Blake Griffin: 20.7ppg, 10.9rpg, 3.2apg, .8spg, .7bpg
Kevin Love: 20.4ppg, 15rpg, 2.5apg, .4spg, .5bpg
Lamarcus Aldridge: 18.3ppg, 7.9rpg, 1.7apg, .7spg, 1.3bpg
Tim Duncan: 19.9ppg, 10.5rpg, 2.2apg, .8spg, 2.2bpg
Zach Randoplh: 19ppg, 10rpg, 1.9apg, .8spg, .5bpg
Serge Ibaka: 12ppg, 10rpg. .6apg, .7spg, 4.8bpg
Dwight Howard: 19.8ppg, 13.5rpg, 1.3apg, .9spg, 2.1 bpg
Andrew Bynum: 17.8ppg, 9.9rpg, 1.2apg, .6apg, 1.7bpg
Demarcus Cousins: 19.6ppg, 11,3rpg, 2.6apg, 1.7spg, .7bpg

With the exception of a couple guys on there, he was better than almost every one on that list at the same age, in an absolute cluster f of a situation, with a poor coach, no real pg/system and yes, his mental situation not being quite right. And his numbers last year as a 21 year old crush these guys. At some point you have to realize that we are holding onto one of the top 5 centers at this stage in his career already and that his upside makes his potential even higher.

Last edited:
I apologize if I offended you. It's mostly Bricklayer who talks a lot about "superstars" and winning championships. And a lot of other posters tend to follow his opinion a lot so I probably lumped in people who shouldn't have been included in that opinion. As far as superstars on the Sacramento Kings, I can only think of one. Chris Webber. He may have even been a borderline superstar. We had other "stars" like Mitch Richmond, Vlade, Peja, possibly Mike Bibby. DMC and Reke are nowhere near any of those guys...yet.
So why do you follow this franchise (or most of the franchises in the nba). You basically trash anyone who isn't one of the current top 5-10 guys in the league. Those guys aren't coming here. A team like this tries to find someone that can fall just outside that tier in the draft or a lucky trade and builds around them. We have the two potential foundational pieces. What we lack are the surrounding ones. The last thing you want to do is trade your potential stars for lesser players.

It really is impossible to truly judge cuz until you see him running in a proper structured offense geared toward his strengths.
I agree, which is why I find his current performance so intriguing. He's putting up top 5 center numbers (at his age) with a crappy system around him.