[Game] Game Thread: Kings vs. Nuggets 1/25

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
What?? The great fans aren't allowed to show their disgust in the product these people are putting on the floor to represent our city? Am I supposed to be a robot?

You're kidding right? Try the real world. I'm a fan of the team regardless, but if they suck year after year and don't play hard, there will be blowback. I will boo. Who else will set them straight if not us?
Without getting political, you can protest the government that put us in a war and support the troops at the same time. I see this as a failure from the top - it's not Outlaw's fault that he's on this roster. He shouldn't be, but someone upstairs decided to spend money on Salmons/Outlaw instead of working on genuine upgrades. It's not the kids' (and yeah, they're kids) fault that ownership decided to go with a coach on the cheap when they should have known that a team this young needed someone with serious instructional abilities - a system guy who would teach the finer points of NBA basketball. A team this young needed structure and guidance. Westphal did not give it, and that put them behind more than anything. Smart? I at least see some guidance from him.

Yeah, there's a lot wrong here, but there's a lot of promise if you care to see it.

The great fans don't need to boo their own team, either. If you're that embarrassed, feel free to change the channel and/or find a different place to post. Our name, as Slim has indicated, is KingsFANS.
Or, why not let folks react in the way they choose rather than putting stipulations on how "great fans" are supposed to act? I don't get why so many folks are so driven to try and control the actions of others. Personally i wouldn't boo because it just ain't my style to boo. I won't even boo a TERRIBLE band. But I understand that other people will and i have no compunctions to try and dissuade them from doing so.

The purpose of this game is to make the Nuggets feel so good that they lose their interest in Wilson Chandler, who we will then scoop up and then become champions.

I'd rather have them get the hell outta my city then stay here and embarrass us on a nightly basis. No?

There is obviously no goals to improve this team..havn't had any for a long time
I'd honestly rather have a terrible team than no team. Because at least it gives you something to hope for. Of course, the Kings destroy those hopes within a few weeks of the season, so I dunno. I guess you have to be a tad masochistic to be a kings fan.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
We did get a barrage of Jimmer fans when he signed with us, but luckily there are just a few that are totally blind fanboys. Those of us who have been around for a long time remember the days of Peja fanatics and we just don't want a repeat of that time. It was ugly, really ugly...
Yeah, but those Schintzius fanboys? Man, those were the worst. The party boys with their mullets, my eyes bleed remembering back to those times.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Or, why not let folks react in the way they choose rather than putting stipulations on how "great fans" are supposed to act? I don't get why so many folks are so driven to try and control the actions of others. Personally i wouldn't boo because it just ain't my style to boo. I won't even boo a TERRIBLE band. But I understand that other people will and i have no compunctions to try and dissuade them from doing so.
The rules around here are no player bashing. Don't like it, click the red 'x' in the upper right corner (or left, if you're an apple person), 'cause they ain't changing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Without getting political, you can protest the government that put us in a war and support the troops at the same time. I see this as a failure from the top - it's not Outlaw's fault that he's on this roster. He shouldn't be, but someone upstairs decided to spend money on Salmons/Outlaw instead of working on genuine upgrades. It's not the kids' (and yeah, they're kids) fault that ownership decided to go with a coach on the cheap when they should have known that a team this young needed someone with serious instructional abilities - a system guy who would teach the finer points of NBA basketball. A team this young needed structure and guidance. Westphal did not give it, and that put them behind more than anything. Smart? I at least see some guidance from him.

Yeah, there's a lot wrong here, but there's a lot of promise if you care to see it.
Agreed.

RookieOfTheDay - Spike has stated much better than I what I was trying to get across. The poster I was responding to was not only dissatisfied with the players, he seemed to be saying it wouldn't matter to him if the team left...

Anyway, I'm outta this. Peace and good night.

The rules around here are no player bashing. Don't like it, click the red 'x' in the upper right corner (or left, if you're an apple person), 'cause they ain't changing.
I think he was referring to someone saying that great fans shouldn't boo our teams, which I disagree with. On a side note, even when it seems like we go on a run, we're still down by 30.

Our players aren't doing anything worth giving them props for these days. If you don't like the "criticism" then perhaps it's you who should hit the X