A decision has been made

if they do file, do u guys think it is more likely to get approved or rejected?
Rejected.

Stern has already gone public with his opinion and has allowed (or created) the press piece that the NBA recommended the Kings to stay.

That was the surest sign yet that this move won't happen, regardless of what the Maloofs want.

The Maloofs publicly stated that they were seeking advice from Stern. That just further strengthens Stern's resolve to see the advice that he spent good money coming up with see followed through. They asked for advice, he spend money getting it to them. Then they're going to reject it? And Stern won't squash them? Don't think so.

Forget the Maloofs image... they deliberately got Stern's image involved. Once he lent his image... this thing effectively became his decision.

Last edited:
then i just dont get why they would do it? i know maloofs are stupid and all but they just HAVE to have some reason to file, maybe they have some fellow owners on their side

Rejected.

Stern has already gone public with his opinion and has allowed (or created) the press piece that the NBA recommended the Kings to stay.

That was the surest sign yet that this move won't happen, regardless of what the Maloofs want.
Not only that, the big markets were all against it in the first place. The committee was made up of small markets and they were presumably against it too. That combined with the belief that the Maloofs are broke and that this is a desperation move makes me think it's very unlikely they get 16 yes votes. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it went 29/1 against them.

Last edited:
then i just dont get why they would do it? i know maloofs are stupid and all but they just HAVE to have some reason to file, maybe they have some fellow owners on their side
Because they have no other choice. If they can't continue to operate without the loans from Samueli and they're too stubborn and prideful to sell, that leaves filing and hoping it goes their way as the only option.

Last edited:
heres a thought, maybe they file, knowing that they will be rejected, and then sell sighting their rejection as a reason....and maybe stern is part of this....a phase out process

I've had a gut feeling they are going to file for relocation. I've felt that way for several days now. I just think they are too desperate and too far down this road to not go all in on the move to Anaheim. I hope the owners deny the move.

So is there going to be a special on ESPN with the Maloofs and Jim Gray in a high school gym surrounded by kids read to gasp once the Maloofs open their mouths?

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
So is there going to be a special on ESPN with the Maloofs and Jim Gray in a high school gym surrounded by kids read to gasp once the Maloofs open their mouths?
[conspiracy]
Didn't the Maloofs hire Gray?
[/conspiracy]

the reason i feel uneasy about this is because of that interview with brian may and george maloof, it sounded like he was saying farewell to Sacramento

Definitely going to file..

Basically now they are going to canvas the owners and try to get votes on their side before the vote happens. Got a bad feeling about this though. I think it will be approved and us fans will be left with nada.

Definitely going to file..

Basically now they are going to canvas the owners and try to get votes on their side before the vote happens. Got a bad feeling about this though. I think it will be approved and us fans will be left with nada.
You really think they're going to be able to convince enough owners to vote yes after Stern and the committee told them to stay in Sacramento? I just don't see it. The Maloofs have no clout or sway with fellow owners.

They pretty much said that two months ago.
If they are filing, then why are they giving so much of their attention to the Sacramento media? That seems odd to me. My gut says they file, but when I put it all together, it would seem like they are going to stay. You don't do an interview with a local TV station and inform the local newspaper that you're about to rip the city's heart out. You do it to start the PR cleanup that you have to do.

But then again.....it's the Maloofs.

If they are filing, then why are they giving so much of their attention to the Sacramento media? That seems odd to me. My gut says they file, but when I put it all together, it would seem like they are going to stay. You don't do an interview with a local TV station and inform the local newspaper that you're about to rip the city's heart out. You do it to start the PR cleanup that you have to do.

But then again.....it's the Maloofs.
It is odd, but as a few folks have pointed out...this is the Maloofs we're talking about here. Don't expect logical or rational behavior from them.

Here is my theory. I think they are filing because if they were staying in sac wouldn't they have the press conference in sacramento and not vegas. Also if they get reject on the filing I think they do end up selling. If they get approved they go down there and burkle comes in we get this arena started and done and he buys a team (the hornets) and they come to sac after next season.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Finally, the Maloofs make a wise choice, go with the flow, and NOT file. I'm pretty sure they aren't filing after watching that video. :D

Finally, the Maloofs make a wise choice, go with the flow, and NOT file. I'm pretty sure they aren't filing after watching that video. :D
Really? WOW. It's crazy how differently two people can see the same thing. I didn't think they were filing but after watching the video, I feel almost certain they are.

Just saw that video and damn I'm usually pretty good at reading people's intentions and thoughts when they are speaking, but I really just can't tell what they have decided...

The most telling moment to me was "... but, we think we've got it figured out..." I think they stay... but they've obviously built a relationship with Anaheim and want to preserve that... ultimately I think that's what a lot of this waiting has to do with... ironically... preserving their relationship with Anaheim should things not work out here after a year... and then they do get to go back to there. Keep in mind in that interview George is speaking as much to Anaheim as he is to Sac.