Kings players not happy about move either

Yes. Provided there was no contractual obligation to stay in Sacramento, and that any such obligation could not be efficiently breached, the Kings would still be seeking to relocate right now.
And your statement is based upon what evidence, exactly?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So is driving a car with a shooter.
Have I mentioned before that the little anti-Evans contingent just can't resist shwoing its true stripes? Its sad.

In any case randomly throwing slime at Kings players because you're frustrated they are not failing is not going to fly. That's what we have Lakers fans for.

What would give you the impression that I thought that?
Your original response to me when I asked you why you think they are moving was: "Because the Maloofs are going broke and think Anaheim will solve their problems? I thought that was pretty obvious."

Thus it's clear from that that in your mind, if the buck doesn't stop completely with the Maloofs, they bear the lion's share of blame for the team leaving. Is that an accurate statement of your POV?

Your original response to me when I asked you why you think they are moving was: "Because the Maloofs are going broke and think Anaheim will solve their problems? I thought that was pretty obvious."

Thus it's clear from that that in your mind, if the buck doesn't stop completely with the Maloofs, they bear the lion's share of blame for the team leaving. Is that an accurate statement of your POV?
So we've gone from me blaming them solely to me putting the lion's share of blame on them? I understand that they need a new building with more luxury boxes and that the NBA wants that too. My point, and what I'm blaming them for, is not giving Kevin Johnson a fair chance to provide them with that. I believe that's because they're in desperation mode financially and are looking for a quick bandage to stop the bleeding.

Have I mentioned before that the little anti-Evans contingent just can't resist shwoing its true stripes? Its sad.

In any case randomly throwing slime at Kings players because you're frustrated they are not failing is not going to fly. That's what we have Lakers fans for.
The civil case goes to court in July. It hasn't been dismissed so there is some merrit to it.

The civil case goes to court in July. It hasn't been dismissed so there is some merrit to it.
Unless they can prove that he knew his passenger had a gun and planned to shoot someone, they don't have a thing. I suspect if there had been evidence of that, he would have been charged originally. It's probably just a case of him hanging out with the wrong people.

Unless they can prove that he knew his passenger had a gun and planned to shoot someone, they don't have a thing. I suspect if there had been evidence of that, he would have been charged originally. It's probably just a case of him hanging out with the wrong people.
Big difference between a civil and criminal case. Like I said the case wasn't dismissed.

To start, this move is being almost entirely motivated by a TV deal that only recently became available. There are better arenas and better fanbases elsewhere than what's in Anaheim, yet the Maloofs have settled on this direction because it is the most lucrative offer that's ever been available for them. That means the motivation is money and the Kings' ownership is following the money, wherever it is.

Steve Cohn's letter to Glenn verified this.
They have been working on this a lot longer than since the Laker deal was announced.

Doesn't change the conclusion that the Kings would still move for better financial opportunities even if an arena was here and any contractual obligation to Sacramento could be efficiently breached.
With an arena they may not be allowed to move even if they wanted to, though.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
So that's what this thread is about?

Or is it that since there's nothing to complain about regarding reke's play right now, you feel the need to attack his character, and bring somthing up not related to the conversation? And do you need a geography lesson? Compton is farther from the OC than Sac is from the bay area. Funny how you started all this with your compton comment, which had nothing to do with the conversation, but just felt the need to slam reke one way or another.

Plus, your comment about him feeling comfortable in compton, given it's not even close to being related to this thread, conversation, or potential destination of the franchise, is pretty offensive in more than one way.

So we've gone from me blaming them solely to me putting the lion's share of blame on them? I understand that they need a new building with more luxury boxes and that the NBA wants that too. My point, and what I'm blaming them for, is not giving Kevin Johnson a fair chance to provide them with that. I believe that's because they're in desperation mode financially and are looking for a quick bandage to stop the bleeding.
No, I've put down a range of what I think your behaviour is, and I note that you haven't declined those positions. If you are choosing to frame the arena issue around "luxury boxes" and what the "NBA wants", that speaks much more about your frame of mind, since you haven't even looked at the possibility that the TEAM you so fervently support is in need of a new arena, and that may be a more pressing issue than luxury boxes and what the NBA wants.

The Maloofs do not need to give Kevin Johnson a fair chance to provide them with an arena. They need to give the CITY OF SACRAMENTO a fair chance to provide them with that, and they have done that for the past 14 years. Desparation mode has been building up, and nothing has been done on the arena matter except for talk. You cannot expect the Maloofs to make their program suffer based on what they have seen coming from the city for the past 14 years.

What, to you, would be a "fair chance" to provide the Kings with an arena? Would an arena be ready by next season? The following season? Are you saing that there was never a fair chance before this moment to agree on an arena issue? Given the past 14 years experience with the CITY OF SACRAMENTO, on what basis should the Maloofs give the Mayor of Sacramento a "fair chance" to get an arena agreement going? Should the Maloofs stay in Sacramento and bankrupt themselves for this fair chance?

So that's what this thread is about?

Or is it that since there's nothing to complain about regarding reke's play right now, you feel the need to attack his character, and bring somthing up not related to the conversation? And do you need a geography lesson? Compton is farther from the OC than Sac is from the bay area. Funny how you started all this with your compton comment, which had nothing to do with the conversation, but just felt the need to slam reke one way or another.

Plus, your comment about him feeling comfortable in compton, given it's not even close to being related to this thread, conversation, or potential destination of the franchise, is pretty offensive in more than one way.
I totally agree with your point, but Compton is 20 miles from Anaheim...

With an arena they may not be allowed to move even if they wanted to, though.
OOOOOOOH. Now you say that with an arena, they may not be allowed to move.

Thus, who's fault is it that there is NOT an arena, so that the Kings would not be allowed to move/would not want to move? (Motive is irrelevant, what matters is that they woudn't be moving).

To start, this move is being almost entirely motivated by a TV deal that only recently became available. There are better arenas and better fanbases elsewhere than what's in Anaheim, yet the Maloofs have settled on this direction because it is the most lucrative offer that's ever been available for them. That means the motivation is money and the Kings' ownership is following the money, wherever it is.

Steve Cohn's letter to Glenn verified this.
My purpose in this argument is not about moving to ANEHEIM specifically, but about moving FROM Sacramento. I'm an internationally based fan, so I'm disinterested in the location they go to; I would prefer they stay in Sacramento but I can totally understand why they would move and I don't blame them.

That being said, is it your position that if Aneheim's deal was to fall through or if the Aneheim deal was not available, the Maloofs would not want to relocate the team anywhere else and would actually stay in Sacramento, in Arco, and the status quo would be maintained (talkin' about an arena without building one, praying that Arco doesn't pop down, etc)?

OOOOOOOH. Now you say that with an arena, they may not be allowed to move.
Were you under the impression that there was a time I'd not have said that?
Thus, who's fault is it that there is NOT an arena, so that the Kings would not be allowed to move/would not want to move?
Many people's. There's enough blame to go around here. The city for it's dawdling, the NBA for backing the cockamamie landswap deal, and the Maloofs for not being more cooperative and more proactive on the arena front.

Last edited:
No, I've put down a range of what I think your behaviour is, and I note that you haven't declined those positions. If you are choosing to frame the arena issue around "luxury boxes" and what the "NBA wants", that speaks much more about your frame of mind, since you haven't even looked at the possibility that the TEAM you so fervently support is in need of a new arena, and that may be a more pressing issue than luxury boxes and what the NBA wants.
So because I gave two examples, that means I’m not aware that other reasons exist, too? Having said that, additional luxury boxes are the most pressing issue because they’re the biggest revenue generator and this whole thing is about money.

The Maloofs do not need to give Kevin Johnson a fair chance to provide them with an arena. They need to give the CITY OF SACRAMENTO a fair chance to provide them with that, and they have done that for the past 14 years.
Oh vey. I’m so sick of explaining this. Kevin Johnson represents the city of Sacramento. He’s actively trying to do something but he needs the Maloof's cooperation. Unfortunately, like you, they seem content to write him off and lay all the past failures at his feet.

You cannot expect the Maloofs to make their program suffer based on what they have seen coming from the city for the past 14 years.
I most certainly can except them to work with a motivated mayor when all they’ve done over the years is talk about how much they love Sacramento and want to stay here. Otherwise, they were just blowing smoke up our ***** and were just waiting for a deal to lure them away the whole time.

What, to you, would be a "fair chance" to provide the Kings with an arena? Would an arena be ready by next season? The following season? Are you saing that there was never a fair chance before this moment to agree on an arena issue? Given the past 14 years experience with the CITY OF SACRAMENTO, on what basis should the Maloofs give the Mayor of Sacramento a "fair chance" to get an arena agreement going? Should the Maloofs stay in Sacramento and bankrupt themselves for this fair chance?
I feel like I’m explaining the obvious here but a fair chance would be to give Kevin Johnson, the current city council, and ICON/Taylor a year to see what they can do. They could even give them a deadline. If by that deadline no workable arena plan was in place and ready to go, then explore relocation.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I totally agree with your point, but Compton is 20 miles from Anaheim...
Point taken. Was thinking about drive time, where that 20+ mile drive can take a hell of a lot longer than most 20 mile drives. And obviously Reke wouldn't being commuting from Compton.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
The bay area is 20 miles from Sacramento? Dam my geography must be really bad.
And your well of basketball knowledge appears to have dried up, and you no longer have anything basketball related to talk about. Way to miss the entire point of the post, or to just play stupid.

So would the Reke Compton reference even be mentioned if he wasn't black? Section101's hate for reke is something I have not seen in my life as a sports fan.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
So would the Reke Compton reference even be mentioned if he wasn't black? Section101's hate for reke is something I have not seen in my life as a sports fan.
No. I thought it had a racist undertone also.

He didn't say the same thing about Beno, who also grew up in a poor neighborhood.

Race has nothing to do with it. I don't even hate him. I hate the way the organization has propped him up before he's done anything and treat him seperate from other players. Oh and if you want to see more of the issues with him, his personal problems from earlier in the year have come to light. Just google Tyreke Evens girlfriend and start reading. It seems he is going to be a father, but his girlfriend isn't having a baby. Just wait till he's in LA and the kind of trouble he will find.

Wtf are you even saying? And no, you do hate Reke, not how the orginization has propped him up. Because your hate would be towards the organization and not Reke. Also, if race had nothing to do with it, then why bring up Compton? You're a clown who knows nothing about basketball and you know nothing about LA. Get a grip of yourself.

Race has nothing to do with it. I don't even hate him. I hate the way the organization has propped him up before he's done anything and treat him seperate from other players. Oh and if you want to see more of the issues with him, his personal problems from earlier in the year have come to light. Just google Tyreke Evens girlfriend and start reading. It seems he is going to be a father, but his girlfriend isn't having a baby. Just wait till he's in LA and the kind of trouble he will find.
You may not hate him but have you ever liked him? So you must think he's a really bad guy if he's going to find trouble in L.A.

K

king07

lol of course they are gonna say no but we all know how they really feel... Sacramento vs half an hour drive away from LA.