Brockman to the Bucks?

Dave "Softy'' Mahler at KJR-AM 950 is reporting this morning that former Husky Jon Brockman will be traded soon from Sacramento to the Milwaukee Bucks. It's unclear what the other end of the deal would be.
Brockman was recently extended a qualifying offer as a free agent by the Kings, meaning they then had the ability to match any other offer that Brockman would have received.
Brockman was drafted in the second round last year by the Kings and averaged 2.8 points and 4.1 rebounds last season.
He missed a few weeks with a sprained MCL in his right knee.
When Brockman was drafted by the Kings it reunited him with former UW teammate and longtime good friend Spencer Hawes. But the Kings apparently will now have neither player as Hawes was traded last month to the 76ers.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/2012394642_brockman_to_the.html

Update
Bucks are close to acquiring Jon Brockman in sign and trade with Kings for Darnell Jackson and a future 2nd round pick.
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/18943945067

Last edited:
This ruins my whole day! teams need locker room/blue color guys, also my wifes favorite player. I bet if it is true it's Brockness for CDR. if it is for a 2nd rounder I will be furious.

I like Brockman a lot, but am not totally opposed to this. Depending on what we get in return of course. With our newfound depth in the front court Brockness is going to be buried on the bench. Better for us and him if he can go somewhere where he's going to get real PT. I'd be okay with CDR, Delfino has been mentioned as well.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's kinda hard to trade someone who hasn't been signed yet. If the Bucks really wanted him, they could just extend an offer to Brock without having to give up another player. Until it happens, I'm skeptical.

Wow, if this goes through, I'll definitely miss Brockman. I feel like he was great for this team in practice and in the locker room. It would be a better situation for him, however. Realistically there is no room for gametime minutes for Brockman, and if he can get more playing time elsewhere, good for him. Unfortunately, I can't cheer for his team if he goes to the Bucks. I can't stand Jennings and I can't help but to root against him.

Wow, if this goes through, I'll definitely miss Brockman. I feel like he was great for this team in practice and in the locker room. It would be a better situation for him, however. Realistically there is no room for gametime minutes for Brockman, and if he can get more playing time elsewhere, good for him. Unfortunately, I can't cheer for his team if he goes to the Bucks. I can't stand Jennings and I can't help but to root against him.
maybe they traded brockman for jennings :p

Doesn't make much sense. I can't imagine it would take much for the Bucks to just outbid us.
Maybe they know the Kings will match the max they want to offer moneywise, so they give the Kings a little something they don't need (2nd rounder or scrub) so they don't have to overpay.

well does Mil have any cap room to sign him outright? I know they signed a lot of free agents this offseason.
They should be able to use part of their MLE, unless they want to keep it all free for something else.

Maybe they know the Kings will match the max they want to offer moneywise, so they give the Kings a little something they don't need (2nd rounder or scrub) so they don't have to overpay.
Yeah, could be a cost-certainty issue. The amount they're willing to pay and the amount that would make us not match could be close.

I think his salary is so low, and with both teams under the cap, the Kings could trade him to the Bucks and get nothing in return... you would hope they would get something, though... cash, a pick, something.

Werll, if they used the MLE, then that means that they are out of money. I can't make out who they would trade for. Must be a 2nd rd pick or cash.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
If he goes elsewhere because of more playing time, or guaranteed money, go for it! Brocks future here was bleak. There is no room for him, as much as I hate to say it. He has to do what is best for him, and his career. If he gets a chance to play consistently, which he won't here, and that turns into 3 yr guaranteed contract a year from now, great for him. Playing here won't help him financially down the road. He won't get a chance to play with any kind of regularity. I would be sad to see him go, but good for him.

If this does go down; Brockman to the Bucks, this would be a the best thing for Brockman playing behind a PF who is made of glass. No PT is career death in the NBA...

It's kinda hard to trade someone who hasn't been signed yet. If the Bucks really wanted him, they could just extend an offer to Brock without having to give up another player. Until it happens, I'm skeptical.

No they couldn't. They used their full MLE and Brockman is a RFA. So any vet min. salary is likely matched, surpassed or the QO Brockman has > than the vet min for a 2nd year player.

Therefore the sign and trade is necesary. I'd imagine something like a 2nd rounder next year or Darington Hobson, or CDR or Delfino being the asking price. I could see any of those peices being moved for Brockman. The Bucks loaded up their wings this off-season and so moving an actual player frees up a roster spot to acquire Brockman who likely fills more a role for their roster than one of those players.

My guess is CDR for a sign and trade Brockman is what goes down.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Darington Hobson maybe? I remember the Kings liked him.
Ooh. I like that possibility. 6'6" wing guy, decent length, good court vision, strong rebounder, pretty good percentage from 3 (.361). I get the feeling that Hobson is a guy (like Donte, but even more so) can be molded into a defense-first player. Could potentially become a lockdown perimeter defender with good outside shooting and court vision. We used to have a guy like that once...