Is this for real? "Bill Walton join's Kings Broadcast crew"

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Take it to the hole, big man!

The kings are drafting a big now, or else what else will Walton say?

Ah, the Maloofs. Replace Katie with a Jim Gray/Bill Walton combo. $6 burger ads. Gold jerseys and 6th man statue. Those guys sure have a great read for what their customers want.

Take it to the hole, big man!

The kings are drafting a big now, or else what else will Walton say?
This is quite possibly the worst move in the history of Western Civilization.

Wait, I think I've got it! The Kings can't lure any big name free agents on the court, so they'll do it off the court! :p

Ah, the Maloofs. Replace Katie with a Jim Gray/Bill Walton combo. $6 burger ads. Gold jerseys and 6th man statue. Those guys sure have a great read for what their customers want.
Hmmm and you're more attuned to things... why?...

It's all good by me and I'm sure many others.

I'm sure walton wasn't signed up to be hating on the Kings. It may not be perfect, but it will give Sac some extra national attention.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

This.

Good lord. I held my tongue on the Kayte/Gray move, but its high time the Maloofs get some more hatemail from me. Idiots. That goes for the redheaded moron they just hired as well.

The all seems strangely suspicious to me:confused: Gray and now Walton - both of LA worship fame:mad: Are Maloof's test driving them as eventual replacements for Napear or Reynolds or both? Are Maloof's so cynical about Kings long-term prospects in Sac that they're devising plans for when team is forced to relocate - likely down south of here?

God always the negativity. You guys really think the Maloofs are trying to mess stuff up?.. This is a business, and a business with no exposure is a lost cause...

Terrible, Laker Lover, whatever,... Walton is a hall a famer with media clout... Sac is a stick in the mud. Without the Kings winning, nobody pays attention to us... This is a good move for attention... good or bad, people will talk and notice.

We should be happy anybody with a name wants something to do with us...

Bricklayer

Terrible, Laker Lover, whatever,... Walton is a hall a famer with media clout... Sac is a stick in the mud. Without the Kings winning, nobody pays attention to us... This is a good move for attention... good or bad, people will talk and notice.

People will laugh at us. That is not the sort of attention you want.

Walton is a complete tool. He has no place being employed in the NBA, let alone by the Sacramento Kings.

As an aside, a business with no customers is in even worse shape than a business with no exposire. The Maloofs are just amateurs. Ten years in and they still have no wisdom. They are like a bunch of birds attracted by shiny beads. They have no feel for who is knowledgible, who is popular, or anything else. They just see names, powerpoint presentations, and anything else shallow and irrelevant, and they mess up again and again.

Last edited:
"throw it down big fella"

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHH

ok i'm losing it. we get rid of kayte for gray now we pick up.. walton? whats next?

Next this thread will be saying Westphal, a USC grad, is a Laker fan.

Walton though not my favorite announcer has always been entertaining. I always enjoyed his play, UCLA and the NBA, he's fine with me, in fact a better pick for what he going to do than Jim Gray in my book. Although the alternative of half the salary of a backup point guard might be better.

Bricklayer

Next this thread will be saying Westphal, a USC grad, is a Laker fan.

Walton though not my favorite announcer has always been entertaining. I always enjoyed his play, UCLA and the NBA, he's fine with me, in fact a better pick for what he going to do than Jim Gray in my book. Although the alternative of half the salary of a backup point guard might be better.

Not goign to let that slide this time.

Walton used to announce Clippers games, went to UCLA, lives in L.A., and has a son who plays for the Lakers. Don't play the fool and pretend this is all a made up connection.

More importantly from my standpoint he is an utter idiot who has ****ed up every basketball broadcast he has ever been involved with with his moronic statements. His bad back did the world a favor (or provided a nice excuse to fire him).

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This thread has the stench of TDOS all over it.

Honestly, if the Maloofs hiring Bill Walton to do the L.A. games and the LeBron game gets you that riled up and upset, then you may as well quit being a Kings fan.

In the end it's not about the people broadcasting from courtside, its about the guys on the court. We could have the mental equivalent of a babbling bunch of baboons on the broadcasts and I could care less as long as we are winning.

Walton used to announce Clippers games, lives in L.A., and has a son who plays for the Lakers. Don't play the fool and pretend this is all a made up connection.

More importantly from my standpoint he is an utter idiot who has ****ed up every basketball broadcast he has ever been involved with with his moronic statements. His bad back did the world a favor (or provided a nice excuse to fire him).
Whatever you may say, even though perfectly valid, it's all about attracting more viewers. The average fan knows Bill Walton. Moronic or not, he's an icon of the game. And fans, like myself, would lean toward watching him. Not for his analysis, but for the bizarre statements he's guaranteed to make.

But I think you need a 3rd guy though in the box who actually can provide analysis which would allow Bill to go Bill on the broadcast.

Walton used to announce Clippers games, went to UCLA, lives in L.A., and has a son who plays for the Lakers. Don't play the fool and pretend this is all a made up connection.

Brick, I know his Laker background. I haven't found him an idiot although I know many others have. In my book he is entertaining enough for me to give a go for 5 to 10 games. I still like the half a pg alternative. Who cares about the Lakers.

This thread has the stench of TDOS all over it.

Honestly, if the Maloofs hiring Bill Walton to do the L.A. games and the LeBron game gets you that riled up and upset, then you may as well quit being a Kings fan.

In the end it's not about the people broadcasting from courtside, its about the guys on the court. We could have the mental equivalent of a babbling bunch of baboons on the broadcasts and I could care less as long as we are winning.
Nailed it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Whatever you may say, even though perfectly valid, it's all about attracting more viewers. The average fan knows Bill Walton. Moronic or not, he's an icon of the game. And fans, like myself, would lean toward watching him. Not for his analysis, but for the bizarre statements he's guaranteed to make.
I'd venture to guess that far more people have turned off a broadcast specifically to avoid Bill Walton than have ever tuned in specifically to listen to him.