Is the Lottery on the up an up?

ALL Doubt huh? :confused: You're entitled to your opinion. I like Warhawk's suggestion.

btw as a side note, wonder who our representative was at the secret lottery drawing this year? just curious
As much doubt eliminated as you're going to get. I don't think televising it is going to change how much room for doubt you have. The process would be incredibly difficult to rig without someone noticing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No, the lottery is not on the up and up. It's rigged. In fact, the entire NBA is a long-running reality show, secretly owned by Mark Burnett. It's all scripted and has been for years.

Why not a change?

I don't think the lottery is rigged but I do believe changes could be made. Why do they have to have all teams not making the playoffs in the lottery? Why not just have the worst three teams in the lottery?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
No, the lottery is not on the up and up. It's rigged. In fact, the entire NBA is a long-running reality show, secretly owned by Mark Burnett. It's all scripted and has been for years.
Your kidding! I didn't know that. Man, Bummer. I'm going to go eat worms..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think the lottery needs to be changed. Too many times the teams with the most need aren't the one's getting the benefits. I would make it a three team lottery period. The worse three teams would draw for first, second and third. That way, no matter what, you'd end up with a top three pick. Plus the teams in 4th and 5th etc would never have to worry about ending up from 4th to 7th. It would also prevent a team thats not all that bad from ending up with the first pick in the draft.

The entire idea of having a reverse order in the draft is to help the teams with the most need. That whole concept has been comprised.

The worse three teams would draw for first, second and third. That way, no matter what, you'd end up with a top three pick.
You could then do the same for the next 5 or so spots- have the 5 teams with the next lowest records draw for the spots between 4 and 8. Or instead of 5 make it 3. Maybe another one or two to cover up to the 12th or 15th spots.