Monroe, Aldrich, or Johnson?

Who do we pick at number 5?

• Total voters
So now that we know our pick what do you guys think? I still believe its possible that Cousins will fall but if he doesnt (I dont even know if Petrie would pick him anyway) who do you guys want? Monroe screams Petrie player and he may be silently thinking to himself "Woo! I get to pick him without anyone calling for my head!" I havent seen much of Monroe but from what I read he could very well turn into a stud.. Aldrich you know what you're getting--a great building block, but not the number 2 piece to the puzzle that favors, cousins, turner, wall could potentially be.. and Johnson could be great next to Reke with his size, rebounding, athleticism, shooting but is he a significant enough improvement over Donte to justify the pick?

Upside, NBA-Ready, or Redundancy.

I'd go upside and Monroe.

Take that back, DX says his best case scenario is Brad Miller.

I go Rich-Man's Pryzbilla, Aldrich.

Last edited:
As of this moment, I'm between Monroe and Johnson, and I'm leaning towards Johnson. I'd rather wait till the combine measurements before I say for sure.

Baja could you weigh in? Your opinions on the top 4 are all very well known.. but since we likely wont be watching any of those players play in a kings uniform next year would you give some detailed descriptions of at least monroe/johnson/aminu and how you feel theyd fit with the kings?

If I had to pick I would take Aldrich... But I really like the "other" center from Kentucky that didn't get any playing time. He's a long shot project with potential which I haven't seen much because he didn't play much, but what the heck.. 5-12 are all the same talent level so why not.

If I had to pick I would take Aldrich... But I really like the "other" center from Kentucky that didn't get any playing time. He's a long shot project with potential which I haven't seen much because he didn't play much, but what the heck.. 5-12 are all the same talent level so why not.
If I was going to take a long shot, Orton would be it.

greg monroe has petrie written all over him... i have a feeling he will test out more athletic than all these articles claim...

i think his upside is amare stoudemire level

I'm voting Aldrich at this point, since he fits need and I'm not presently convinced that anyone else would serve us better. But the chances of my changing my mind in the next few weeks are pretty good.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Monroe, hands down. After Cousins, he's the most polished big offensively in the post. I have seen him play a number of times, and don't understand the comparison to B Miller, except for the fact he's an oustanding passer. DX compares him to Miller. NBA draft.net compares him to Odom. I've seen him compared to Bosh. He got an nba ready arsenal on the block. Good rebounder. Not very athletic, but has quick feet, and 7'2" wingspan. Runs the floor well. Needs to improve on defense, but has teh size to do so.

If Cousins doesn't fall to #5, this is the guy I want. I could easily see Petrie starting him next to Landry, and I wouldn't mind at all.

Last edited:
You know, the more I watch footage of Wesley Johnson, the more I'm thinking he might actually be perfect for the Kings. Of all the top players in this draft, he might be the best player to feed off Tyreke and compliment Tyreke. We are loaded with SF's already of course, but I don't think any of our SF's have this kind of talent and skill level. This guy is seriously legit imo. If we had W.Johnson on our team, then he would have to get huge minutes for us, and one of our other SF's would have to be dealt, but still, I say Johnson is not as horrible as it may seem. I'm still hoping Cousins slips, but I'm resigned to us taking Johnson with no regrets, and maybe even getting the steal of the draft!

I find it odd no one thinks cousins or favors can't fall to us with the TWolves up in the top 4. They desperatley need a scoring wing player, they have Wes Johnson I really think falls to the TWolves and we're left with one of the two big men.. if not and I have to chose from that list then I chose Aldrich

I think there is still a slim chance we can get Cousins or Favors at #5. If some team picks Johnson or even Monroe before the 5th pick, then either Cousins or Favors becomes available.

I also suggest the OP edit the choices ASAP to accomodate more of the fans' choices:

1.) Wesley Johnson ( 6' 7", 195 lbs, SF - 22 yo )
2.) Cole Aldrich ( 6' 11", 250 lbs, C - 21 yo )
3.) Ekpe Udoh ( 6' 10", 240 lbs, PF/C - 22 yo )
4.) Greg Monroe ( 6' 11", 240 lbs, PF/C - 19 yo )
5.) Al-Farouq Aminu ( 6' 8", 210 lbs, SF/PF - 19 yo )
6.) Ed Davis ( 6' 9", 215 lbs, PF, 20 yo )
7.) Patrick Paterson ( 6' 8", 223 lbs, PF, 21 yo )
8.) Hassan Whiteside ( 7' 0", 235 lbs, PF/C, 20 yo )
9.) Daniel Orton ( 6' 10", 260 lbs, C, 19 yo)
10.) Donatas Montiejunas ( 7' 0", 215 lbs, PF/C, 19 yo )

BTW, my choice is either Aldrich or Udoh if Cousins and Favors are gone.