2009-10 Kings draft position thread

Pretty big lin if I do say so.

I was worried about winning the next two and probably going back to around the 8th slot which would be bad.

I think we lin tommarow too, no Kobe but Pau will have a big game.

As much as i want the Kings to lin is simply cannot and will not cheer for the 7akers. I dont want to see anyone on this board cheer for the 7akers. Doing so will result in an instant ban. Isnt that right moderators?

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]8. LA Clippers    28-53    .313    L 1   
7. Philadelphia   27-54    .333    L 1
6. Detroit        26-55    .321    L 2
5. Golden State   25-55    .313    W 1   
3. Sacramento     25-56    .309    L 2
3. Washington     25-56    .309    L 2
2. Minnesota      15-66    .185    L 6
1. New Jersey     12-69    .148    L 2[/FONT]
Remaining games:
Kings:
Tue 13 @ LA Lakers

Washington:
Wed 14 vs Indiana

Golden State:
Tue 13 vs Utah
Wed 14 @ Portland

Detroit:
Wed 14 @ Minnesota

Stiff competition...

Hoping for a Washington win and GS win at Portland so they can leave us be in the third spot :)

Roy is out for the season for Portland too so it could happen lol...hopefully we don't do anything unnecessary.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
With only one game left for us, there's quite a bit of room for the lotto odds to change. We can finish as high as 3rd by ourselves (156 lotto combos, 47% chance of top-three, 69.5% chance of top-four) or as low as tied for 5th-6th (75 lotto combos, 25-26% chance of top-three, no chance at #4).

Basically, in a draft that appears to have a consensus top four guys, with only one game left in the season there's almost a three-fold possible swing on our odds of getting one of those guys. Wow.

With only one game left for us, there's quite a bit of room for the lotto odds to change. We can finish as high as 3rd by ourselves (156 lotto combos, 47% chance of top-three, 69.5% chance of top-four) or as low as tied for 5th-6th (75 lotto combos, 25-26% chance of top-three, no chance at #4).

Basically, in a draft that appears to have a consensus top four guys, with only one game left in the season there's almost a three-fold possible swing on our odds of getting one of those guys. Wow.

So if a three way tie for third place, then all the balls (really number combinations) from 3,4 & 5 are totaled up and split evenly among the three teams. Is this right?

So 156 + 119 + 88 = 363

121 balls for each of the three teams. And #1 gets 250 with #2 getting 199. 6th place gets 63 combinations.

Moral of the story... lose tonight and control you chances!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
im going to be running the mock lotto Wednesday night so we need 4 more ppl until then...

common people..
Are talking about a mock draft or a mock lotto. And if its a mock lotto, I'm not sure what you mean..And if its a mock draft, how can you have a mock draft right now when we don't even know where were drafting?

I'm confused..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Hoping for a Washington win and GS win at Portland so they can leave us be in the third spot :)

Roy is out for the season for Portland too so it could happen lol...hopefully we don't do anything unnecessary.

I hadn't heard that he was out for the season. I'm sure that he's out for the GS game, but its possible he'll be back for the playoffs.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It pains me to say it, but we gain nothing by beating the Lakers, other than being able to say that we beat the Lakers. And, we beat them without Kobe. Hardly anything to brag about over a cervesa. We have much to gain by losing. Tyreke has his 20/5/5 and Westphal has his 25 game bonus and an extension to boot. So may the basketball gods smile upon us and give us the third spot in the draft.

The third spot woud give a shot at either Cousins or Favors. And if for some reason one of the top 2 teams picks one of them, then we get a shot at either Turner or Wall to boot. Either way, we get a very good player..

It pains me to say it, but we gain nothing by beating the Lakers, other than being able to say that we beat the Lakers. And, we beat them without Kobe. Hardly anything to brag about over a cervesa. We have much to gain by losing. Tyreke has his 20/5/5 and Westphal has his 25 game bonus and an extension to boot. So may the basketball gods smile upon us and give us the third spot in the draft.

The third spot woud give a shot at either Cousins or Favors. And if for some reason one of the top 2 teams picks one of them, then we get a shot at either Turner or Wall to boot. Either way, we get a very good player..
Spot on!!

I would also hope that the Lakers, who have lost two in a row at home would like to win their last home game of the year.

It's a wierd cosmic struggle that will be taking place tonight.:)

DeMarcus Cousins joining our youngsters would be a force for years to come.

Core group
(in no order)

Jason Thompson
Donte Greene
Omri Casspi
Carl Landry
Tyreke Evans
Francisco Garcia
+
DeMarcus Cousins has a nice ring to it.

Hey Cap Fact. If Wash and Gsw both lose tomorrow how bad of shape are we in for getting a top 5 pick. What if one of those teams wins, how much better shape will that scenario put us. I hate the Dubs and the Wiz equally by the way, they are killing us

Im assuming both WASH and GS will lose their remaining games which will put us in a tie with them for 3rd worst record. Top 5 pick isnt the question, its top 4 this year. New jersey and Minnesota have the 1st and 2nd worst record. We want the 3rd or 4th pick and were tied with 3 other teams. So 3 teams are trying to get 2 spots. 66% chance of us grabbing the 3rd or 4th pick.

Yah those are great odds, and the reason I was hitting refresh on my iPod 500 times to follow the Dubs vs. Jazz. No such luck though, the Warriors are lucky to have even won as many games as they have. Do you guys think there is any chance they beat Portland who is Roy-less right now. The Pacers might be our only hope if they can just let Washington beat up on them, still don't see that happening though. I want the best for my team, and I really hope lady luck finally smiles on us (position wise). We can only get a Reke type player who negates droppng like we did every so often.

Last edited: