Carl Mandry

Landry for Martin is looking like a steal more and more. Houston was desperate to get rid of T-Mac, and had to give up Landry AND Dorsey ! Landry is just what we needed as an inside force to balance our offense. Dorsey is a good defender and rebounder! He has potential to be a good inside player as well.

Now Petrie needs to get a center who can rebound and score inside and we are in business. There should be a free agent or 2 that are good centers next summer. And the draft is supposed to be big man rich! Hopefully the Kings can keep moving forward and build this team from the ground up. I am starting to really enjoy Kings basketball again !!

Landry for Martin is looking like a steal more and more. Houston was desperate to get rid of T-Mac, and had to give up Landry AND Dorsey ! Landry is just what we needed as an inside force to balance our offense. Dorsey is a good defender and rebounder! He has potential to be a good inside player as well.

Now Petrie needs to get a center who can rebound and score inside and we are in business. There should be a free agent or 2 that are good centers next summer. And the draft is supposed to be big man rich! Hopefully the Kings can keep moving forward and build this team from the ground up. I am starting to really enjoy Kings basketball again !!
Let's not go too far with it. I don't know if it was a steal so much as a quality trade for both teams. Even excluding the NY part of the deal for Houston, they still got a high efficiency scorer (generallt, not tonight) who blew up for them the previous 2 games and next year they will have Scola, Ming, Hayes and Buddinger at the 4/5. Meanwhile, we eased our 2/3 glut and got cap space for a high efficiency inside player. Really one of those rare trades that benefits both teams.

The thing im most excited about is the fact that we will have the same coach next season...stability is important if you want young teams to improve.

L

LWP777

The Kings are 3-4 with Landry. The Rockets are 2-5 with Martin and he is shooting 39.8% with them which is EXACTLY what he was shooting with us in 22 games.

Also, I don't have the exact figures, but we are a fairly respectable team this year in the games where Martin was not in the lineup -- probably closer to maybe a .450 winning percentage.

Even though he was a great guy, I'm really glad he's gone.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Carl "The Man" Landry....the present AND future PF of your Sacramento Kings!!!

The latter has yet to be seen -- there are a lot of possibles upgrades around the league over him. But he's certainly a guy you would like to have around in the mix. Starter, 6th man, whatever. His attitude very much fits the rest of this team's.

The latter has yet to be seen -- there are a lot of possibles upgrades around the league over him. But he's certainly a guy you would like to have around in the mix. Starter, 6th man, whatever. His attitude very much fits the rest of this team's.
Would you feel better if I said one of the future PF's of the Kings?? Regardless if he is a starter or 6th man, he is clearly going to be an integral part of our team.

Yep, totally agree. Ideally I'd eventually like to see him as a 6th man like he was with Houston. No knock on Landry, but I don't see us being a championship caliber team with a 6'8" starting PF. We're still going to have problems with the bigger teams in the league, like the one that starts two 7 footers. He's a good player though and definitely fits in well with the team. Starting to look like a really solid trade.

I watched the Rockets broadcast last night, and every 10 minutes Drexler was foaming at the mouth about how Kevin Martin has averaged 31 points in the past three games. Meanwhile, Carl Landry was effective all over the floor. Wasn't a steal, but Landry is a great fit with this team, and gives us something that we haven't had in a loooooooong time. Seriously, the little glimmer of a contribution we got from Shareef in the '06 playoffs was the last time we had a power forward who could do what Landry can do (and that was just one game.)

Fair enough, but until I see Cousins, Favors, Bosh, or Jefferson standing next to Petrie holding their new Kings Uni, he is the future pf of this team....may not last for long but as of right now it appears to be that way. Regardless, im glad he is in a Kings Uni whether he starts or comes off the bench doesnt matter, as long as he is in during the 4th quarter making his free throws!

Too bad he wasnt here during the glory days shooting free throws like that, we would of had a ring or two!!:rolleyes:

Fair enough, but until I see Cousins, Favors, Bosh, or Jefferson standing next to Petrie holding their new Kings Uni, he is the future pf of this team....may not last for long but as of right now it appears to be that way. Regardless, im glad he is in a Kings Uni whether he starts or comes off the bench doesnt matter, as long as he is in during the 4th quarter making his free throws!

Too bad he wasnt here during the glory days shooting free throws like that, we would of had a ring or two!!:rolleyes:
Yup, that's the best thing about Landry... he's good enough to start but he's also a sixth man of the year type when he's coming off the bench. This was a great trade, no doubt about it.

Any chance we could have a simple up or down poll, once and for all, to either endorse or abolish the exceedingly lame nickname "Mandry"?

I just can't help the less than macho association:

oh Mandry, well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away oh Mandry
Well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
and I need you today oh Mandry

Can we come up with something else maybe?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Landry is a good player. A tough player. So we got a toughie for a softie. I'll take that trade.

Tyreke - tough
Casspi - tough
Brockman - tough
Landry - tough

See a trend?

The squad needs another post player. Hypothetically when the Kings make the 8th seed the Lakers front court will be waiting. A deep bench of talented post players are going to be a necessity because we will have to deal with the b.s calls again.

Carl Landry for K-mart LOL GP made a great move.

I love him the more I see and hear about him, just listening to the interview with him and the Rise Guys on khtk.com and it was great! pretty funny too.