Debut

im pretty sure they will be able to. Landry already got his physical done. I read in the Sacbee they would be most likely able to play today

But don't all parties involved have to pass their physicals or have the team receiving them waive the physicals for the deal to go through and allow the new players to play for their teams? For instance, Larry Hughes had his physical waived because it's known he has a broken hand and also he is nothing more than an expiring contract to the Kings. I doubt he will ever wear a Kings Uniform, but they still had to waive his physical for the deal to go through. So all the other pieces have to clear their physicals as well. At least that is how I understand it. Kevin was good while he was here and worked as hard as he could. He could have worked out a little more and got stronger which would have kept him off the injured list more, but he was a good player and he will be missed. Not sure how much help he can give the Rockets, but at least they have bigs that can help erase his defensive deficiencies. Someone needs to guard Kevin's man on defense, because Kevin has a lot of trouble playing defense.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I though Hughes was waived
No. But he may never join the team. He's injured right now, and he's only expiring salary to us anyway. We're "letting him continue his current rehab" and I wouldn't be surprised if "he doesn't improve enough to play" for the rest of the season. Mutually.

I hope so I read that both Kmart and Tmac will be making their debuts tonight, so hopefully Carl can do the same.
I'm anxious to see how Landry fits in with the team as well. It'll be interesting to see if the exciting first half of the season Kings (prior to Martin's return from injury) come back.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
New additions being with the team doesn't necessarily mean they'll see court time. It just means they'll at least be on the bench.