[LAL/DEN] Western Conference finals

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
melos getting a whole lot physical with kobe!

ive seen kobe get frustrated out there..
Kobe was complaining like a spoiled little brat on the court last night. Hopping around after Ariza turned the ball over, yelling at Odom to step up on a billups transition 3 (when Kobe could've just as easily actually made a move toward billups), etc. I don't recall past generation greats being such whiners, but it could be that I just wasn't watching as closely.

And Melo - I really wish they would stop interviewing that guy at halftime and after breaks. He doesn't say anything particularly interesting, and almost always makes a statement about what he is doing to help the team win. Last night it was "I took the challenge of checking Kobe", as if no one would notice if he didn't say something about it. I find his lack of humility annoying at this point since he hasn't won anything in the NBA just yet. But he is playing extremely well in this postseason, and if it results in the Lakers being ousted one round early from the playoffs, ok by me.

If the Nuggets big men can figure out how to box out correctly... maybe by watching some Houston Rockets game film, these games wouldn't even be close. Yeah, they're not as big as the Lakers front line, but it's so frustrating watching them not even bother to put a body on anyone.

They did do a better job in the second half.

Thoughts on Bynum's lack of playing time? Seems like he was doing OK out there... although at times he seems to drop back to inexplicable bouts of laziness, even though he managed to stay out of foul trouble.

Wonder if Phil just doesn't really trust him yet in crunch time?
Phil has been awful the entire post season.

The benching of Bynum was moronic but even worse is his constant need to have Fisher on the floor. Despite Farmar and Shannon out playing _erek they still get glued to the bench.

Denver killed LA on the glass in that 4th quarter. Phil has the ability to go big with Odom/Pau/Drew yet he has refused to use that lineup this entire year.

But hey he will give Sasha how many chances?

Kobe was complaining like a spoiled little brat on the court last night. Hopping around after Ariza turned the ball over, yelling at Odom to step up on a billups transition 3 (when Kobe could've just as easily actually made a move toward billups), etc. I don't recall past generation greats being such whiners, but it could be that I just wasn't watching as closely.

kobe always complains about his teammates mistakes. But what about his own airball 3 with about a min left..... and his turnover dribbling into Nene. He messed up with the game on the line. He was as responsible as anyone else on the team. But of course, he takes the credit when they win and blame the other guys when they lose.

This series has really showed me that Bynum is pretty much worthless and Gasol is weak. Kobe must really be missing Shaq right now......

And, by the way....I want JR Smith knowhere near any team I am rooting for. The guy has killed this team with his shot selection.

This series has really showed me that Bynum is pretty much worthless and Gasol is weak. Kobe must really be missing Shaq right now......
I wouldn't call Bynum worthless, but he definitely isn't the second coming as many Laker fans would have said he was a few months ago. I know JR has a bad shot selection, but he makes half of them and that's why he is on the team. Wouldn't mind having his offense on the Kings because Lord knows we need it.

If they had gotten those passes by TA in Games 1 & 3, there's a very very good chance this series is 3-0 Denver right now.
The problem is those two passes were largely hopeless with an opp out there who can jump passing lanes. Making straight inbounds passes at any point of a gm is a no-no, right? Did Karl forget that when he busy finding 2 guys who shouldn't have been making those inbounds?

The Nuggs themselves saved our arses as much as Ariza has.

If there is one thing that I learned about the NBA, it is getting closer to the WWE than ever before. I swear to God there must an agenda from David Stern's office to everyone in the league to get a Laker/Cavs NBA Finals. He knows the economy is struggling and the only way to make money for the league this year is to get Kobe v. LeBron in the Finals.

I'm getting sick of the NBA when the Kings are not involved in a game. No wonder why I'm more of a college basketball fan than an NBA fan. The games in the NBA are almost as predictable as a WWE Monday Night Raw episode.

Why wait two months of our time when you could just bypass the junk to get your L.A. v. Cleveland match up that you want, Commissioner Stern. Until this garbage is cleaned up in the NBA game, I'll still suppose the Kings, but I'll focus more on the college game. At least there is hope of getting a championship for your favorite team in the college game.

OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.