More hope...... maybe I shouldn't (Rubio rumor)

Well what if it's something like this...

Mem trades
Marc Gasol

Sac trades
KT (expiring)
#23 (or #31)
JT or Hawes

Would you all do that?
I wouldn't.

I think we need to keep the JT/Hawes frontcourt unless you are getting a MAJOR star in return at their position. Gasol, while good is not that player.

KT is also far too valuable as an expiring contract which could come in really handy come trade deadline.

Well what if it's something like this...

Mem trades
Marc Gasol

Sac trades
KT (expiring)
#23 (or #31)
JT or Hawes

Would you all do that?
It can be much simpler than this. If a trade happens it would most likely be us trading the 4th pick, cash, and another pick for their 2nd pick.

just bring him home here :D

swing a deal with memphis. didnt oj mayo say he wanted to play point or something.
Well, if Mayo wants to play point, Harden probably makes sense as a shooting guard for them. I'm all for #4, #23, and cash for the #2. The Grizzlies, however, would probably want Thompson and the #4 (which is being discussed on other boards) for Jaric and the #2. I think that's too much.

So let me get this straight, Grizzlies are looking for $3 million in cash and a to move down in the draft. Would $3million and 4th pick be a bit much?

Hell would Maloofs even consider handing over $3million?! I very much doubt it. If we could do $3million and pick 23 that would be sen-bloody-sational!

Then we could hope for OKC to fall in love with Harden which would mean Rubio (#2) and Thabeet (#4) round out a great young unit taking us forward. Land a big FA at SF and we would be on our way!
I don't think they want $3 mil specifically. That is the money the #2 pick will make the first year in the contract. That's the "money they would save" by trading it, but if they take back a contract or pick then they will be adding back to the $3 mil.

Honestly, they're better off trading the pick to us, then picking up Hill at the 4th slot. #4 #23 and cash is more then enough honestly unless they want an expiring also then we might be able to work that out

or we trade them thompson 31st expiring for rubio and jaric

we use the 4 to draft hill..

but ill be kicking my head in if all of a sudden JT blossoms and becomes a beast

or we trade them thompson 31st expiring for rubio and jaric

we use the 4 to draft hill..

but ill be kicking my head in if all of a sudden JT blossoms and becomes a beast
That really doesn't make sense. It would be better to just give them the 4th pick instead of JT. We already have a good frontcourt to build on, no point in giving that away when you don't need to.

well if we do give them JT at least they know what he is capable of.. us taking the 4th pick were like gambling again on a big man. but the fair trade would be jennings and 31st pick with expiring for 2 and jaric. that 31st pick 2nd rounder is always wasted..

i mean.. we all waived them or something guys like...
1. patrick ewing jr.
2. sean singletary
3. ricky minard.

whats with all the hate on 2nd rounders by geoff :)

It's tough, any package we can give up is either too much or too little.
I guess thats the sticky point.

They would want Thompson and pick 4 and I am pretty sure we wouldn't want to trade Thompson.

The next best we could offer is 4 and 23 and I am not sure that gets it done and come to think of it, I am not sure we would even want to trade pick 23 since we have a low number of singned players for next season.

I guess thats the sticky point.

They would want Thompson and pick 4 and I am pretty sure we wouldn't want to trade Thompson.

The next best we could offer is 4 and 23 and I am not sure that gets it done and come to think of it, I am not sure we would even want to trade pick 23 since we have a low number of singned players for next season.
Oh, I think we'd definitely do that for Rubio, you can always pick up extra guys. The grizzlies don't, there'll be competition for that pick. We'd have to decide how much we like Rubio because if you're not really high on him, you're probably not going to like whatever it takes to get him.

We could also give up a protected 2010 first round pick, like top 10 or top 5 protected.
a top five protected... would really entice them.. a top 10 wont since kings will make ain improvement... i think a conditional first rounder next season would give them an incentive.. and if we do get top 5 next season they get the 2011 draft pick no conditions asked... even if we win that lottery

#4 plus $3mil plus another 1st rounder either this yr or future is too much.

$3mil is a lot of money in this economy for the Kings to give up already considering the Maloofs are already losing money.

Its the 4th pick + just $3mil. Or 4th pick plus another 1st rounder. Thats a lot already considering its just 2 spots lowering and all of a sudden they get the 23rd pick also. If they are really going with Conley, then it makes perfect sense they want to sell the pick to get Jordan Hill.

The reason the Grizz goes with Jordan Hill over Thabeet is Marc Gasol is turning into a decent player already. But he can't play power forward with Thabeet at center. Can you imagine Marc trying to defend fast PFs like Amare, Blake, KG etc? He is too slow to play the 4 and he has the size to play the 5 already. So Hill makes sense if they want to add another big.

are the grizzlies considering a trade with us.. thats what i want to know.. get on the phone petrie!!! come one dude.. its 1800-trade-for-rubio come on petrie! be the first caller and get a free marco jaric!!

The #4 pick, 3 mil in cash, and a conditional 1st rounder for next year isn't too much IMO. I would much rather do that than include JT or Hawes in the package. I don't want to fill one hole and create another.

If we get rubio with the development of Hawes and JT and also KMart a bit more, then this team has a good chance to get out of being a horrible team to a being an ok team.

The #4 pick, 3 mil in cash, and a conditional 1st rounder for next year isn't too much IMO. I would much rather do that than include JT or Hawes in the package. I don't want to fill one hole and create another.
Pretty much how I feel also. Multiple routes to take we have draft picks to play with, we have exceptions, we have money, and we have expirings... We have a lot to offer and definately something to get it done.

Pretty much how I feel also. Multiple routes to take we have draft picks to play with, we have exceptions, we have money, and we have expirings... We have a lot to offer and definately something to get it done.
The organization that has been laying people off right and left does not have money.

Why don't we just let the chips fall where they may. With all this talk about Rubio not wanting to go to the two teams before us why not just play the patient role and see if he falls. If he doesn't it isn't the end of the world we still get a great player at 4 and have all of our picks JT Hawes and everybody. We need quantity right now. I am itching for Rubio just like I was for Griffin, but we can not weight the whole draft on an 18 year old player no matter what potential suggests. This isn't Lebron we are talking about here. No disrespect to Rubio but we can't trade away every necessary piece to get him when we could just wait and maybe do a swap of players where they take Rubio we take hill swap straight across or add in some fillers or the 31 something like that to keep our core in tact. If your'e trading Nocioni or Garcia fine, but to me I like what we have in JT and Hawes and you add Rubio to the Mix with K-Mart the prospects of Dante and the 23 things are looking up. You do the trade if it doesn't hurt all of our picks we need the picks to build.

doesnt the nba have that loan program loaning teams around 12 mil

the good thing about this number 4 draft pick is ive been seeing an increase in in kings forum activity.. and a lot of people have been digging up and doing homeworks on trades

No way we give #4 + $3 mil + JT or hawes.

Its either #4 + $3 mil or #4 + 1st rounder.

$3 mil is already a lot of money to give up to move up 2 spots. And even though I want to have rubio on the team, there may be a chance the Maloofs aren't willing to pay that kind of money.

If they don't pay, they might tell GP to pick the best PG he can at #4 and just use the #23 and #31 to rebuilt.

If we get rubio with the development of Hawes and JT and also KMart a bit more, then this team has a good chance to get out of being a horrible team to a being an ok team.
I might get flamed for this but in my opinion we might even be a decent team... like eastern conference 8th seed... when Beno was playing well we were a good team. We still couldn't get it done in the clutch 90% of the time but thats a different issue. There weren't very many games where Beno played well and we were blown out... If we get a closer (or Kevin becomes one) and Rubio can play well nearly every night our team will look alot better.

They already took the loan, from what I recall, and the thing about loans is that you have to pay them back.
yeah but it doesnt say when right.. you can pay it back little by little...

the thing here is you can lose money now but think of the sales in spain his fanbase at euro.. jerseys media coverage etc. isnt 3million dollars cheap for the maloofs? i mean we threw 30 mil on beno freakin udrih :confused: hell maloofs can rig a few slot machines in vegas and they get back that 3 mil in a day.

I might get flamed for this but in my opinion we might even be a decent team... like eastern conference 8th seed... when Beno was playing well we were a good team. We still couldn't get it done in the clutch 90% of the time but thats a different issue. There weren't very many games where Beno played well and we were blown out... If we get a closer (or Kevin becomes one) and Rubio can play well nearly every night our team will look alot better.
I totally agree we were bad and yes we were 17 and 65, but honestly we weren't that bad. There were so many games where we competed against teams had the game in hand and blew it. I was at the Cavs game where we gave them all they could handle and that's the potential of this team to compete and show they can go against the best. Unfortunately they aren't consistent which is why were 17-65 get a good coach and some other pieces I can honestly see us fighting for the 8th spot. As I've said before on other posts. Dallas is falling off Jkidd might not come back. San Antonio is getting old. Utah's core might get shaken up if Boozer leaves. New Orleans has taken a nose dive. If you look at us we could be next years Trail Blazers with the right coach we aren't as bad as so many people think we are.