[LAL/DEN] Western Conference finals

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And so it continues. And I'm rooting for a team I have never really liked...

And yes, of course, there's a poll.

The Lakers have the personel and the home court to win this series, but ultimatley I hope their smug, entitled attitude bites them in the *** and they lose in 6.

This series could have the most deviation--pretty evenly matched now that the Lakers have fallen in terms of reputation, so it's either one or the other team in six or seven. Take a guess.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Can't see the Nuggets beating the Lakers, no one can guard Kobe Bryant, the Nuggets defense really isn't that much better, it is just they have a better more consistent offense now..

Kobe, Pau, Bynum will torch nuggets

Can't see the Nuggets beating the Lakers, no one can guard Kobe Bryant, the Nuggets defense really isn't that much better, it is just they have a better more consistent offense now..

Kobe, Pau, Bynum will torch nuggets

billups anthony and jr smith will torch the lakers too :p

id love to see a nene bynum match up...

kenyon martin better bring that toughness against gasol... for a man who looks lke a caveman you would thnk he is tough ;)

btw some one said they have fallen out of reputation? for what? the booing issue?

I like the Nuggets to win this series, but the Lakers will still win this one. I'm pretty sure Stern wants a Lebron/Kobe match up. Could be like a Magic-Jordan showdown.

I don't see the Lakers winning a Game 6 in Denver, barring a serious injury on the Nuggets. Between the travel and elevation, plus the long series against Houston, I think they have to win it in LA in Game 5 or Game 7.

I'm taking Lakers in 5, because I really want to see the Lakers and Cavs go toes in the Finals. I think that would be the best Finals in a long time, maybe since Bulls vs. Lakers in '91.

i picked the nuggets in 7. i think they have the personnel to match up w/ the lakers. the nugs front court has some and nastiness. you know kenyon is not going to let **** cruise into the paint w/o punishment. billups will win the pg matchup against the lakers. can't wait for this one to start.

I think game 4 is either going to be postponed til what originally would have been past game 7, or more likely moved to an alternate Denver arena. I just don't see how you could argue against the WWE's rights. Maybe the Nuggets don't want to hurt their HCA at all, and they'll try to work things out and buy their way out of their agreement with the WWE.

“Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25 date for a potential playoff game,” said WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.
:D Denver owner Owned by Vince hahaha

i picked the nuggets in 7. i think they have the personnel to match up w/ the lakers. the nugs front court has some and nastiness. you know kenyon is not going to let **** cruise into the paint w/o punishment. billups will win the pg matchup against the lakers. can't wait for this one to start.
He did last year.

Not downgrading the nuggets one bit but this is, apart from Billups and minus Camby, the same team the lakers steamrolled last year in the playoffs.

I give you that Billups has been a huge improvement over Iverson, and that Nene has given them a boost in this years playoffs. But unless Billups is going to bang with Odom, Gasol and Bynum and guard Kobe while he is at I dont see what has changed with these Nuggs besided the point guard.

stern in WWE

hope some one literally hits him with a steel chair

will that girl Kate faber watch the denver game?

oh let her sit near the laker bench hehehe

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RKid - I actually made a nice comment about you. I wanted to make sure you found it, because I'm thinking it probably won't happen again for a very long time.

;)

He did last year.

Not downgrading the nuggets one bit but this is, apart from Billups and minus Camby, the same team the lakers steamrolled last year in the playoffs.

I give you that Billups has been a huge improvement over Iverson, and that Nene has given them a boost in this years playoffs. But unless Billups is going to bang with Odom, Gasol and Bynum and guard Kobe while he is at I dont see what has changed with these Nuggs besided the point guard.
How about that Carmelo has finally matured and has become the 4th best player in this league (behind Lebron, Wade, and that other guy)?

How about that George Karl has finally instilled some DEFENSE into this team?

How about that these Nuggets are 8-2 in the playoffs, and with the exception of the Cavaliers, have played better than any other team in these playoffs by a MILE?

And you can't just say "besides the point guard" as if Chauncey Billups is just another player on the roster. The fact is, he single handedly turned this team from a perennial western conference punching bag into an elite team.

And last I checked, Derek Fisher was your starting point guard. The same guy who up until Game 7 in the Rockets series, missed 13 of 14 3-pointers, and made Aaron Brooks look like a hall of famer. I can't WAIT to see what those old legs are going to look like trying to slow down Chauncey Billups. I hope he's refining his pathetic flopping skills, because that's his only chance to slow Billups.

I think one of the more overlooked factors for the Nuggets has been the Birdman. Seriously, Andersen has been playing superb defense for a while now. Kevin Arnowitz had a nice piece on Andersen's defense on Nowitzki and I wasn't one bit surprised to see that the only game Dallas won was when Andersen was sitting out due to illness. Aside from Andersen, I think the whole Denver bench has improved tremendously. Smith, despite still being a knucklehead, is quite a bit more mature than he was earlier in his career. The Birdman is a very nice disrupter off the bench (in that regard a bit similar to Zo's role in Miami's championship) and even Anthony Carter is playing quite well of late.

It's fascinating how much two simple trades (I never liked Camby and actually thought dumping him was a smart thing to do) have changed the whole mentality of the team. I can definitely see them taking the Lakers to the edge, especially if the Lakers don't change something about their mental toughness. Maybe a few yoga and meditation sessions will help...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Note: I moved the stuff about the double-booking of the Pepsi Center into its own thread...

;)

Now, back to the game. I want to see just how strong Denver comes out tonight. They could set the tone for the whole series and put the Lakers back on their heels early... I don't think we'll be bored.

Go Nuggs!!!!!!

Someone mentioned nobody being able to match up with Kobe. While obviously, no one can stop him when he is on, Dahntay Jones is one hell of a defender. Kobe will have to work for his baskets. I think Nene, K-Mart and the Birdman will give the Lakers front line some problems as well. The Nuggets match up really well.

^ I've been dying to post that pic. I read your comment and it made me laugh in a good way, putting me in paranthesis behind stalwarts like hoops and gargamel. Dont worry VF21 one day I will be first among laker fans on this board. :)

P.S. You're alright.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.