Possibility of 1 and 2 pick

Even though its a long shot what do you guys think about the possibility of us winning the #1 pick and trading for the #2 pick. Personally I feel that Petrie is very intrigued by Rubio but if given the chance I dont think he would pass on Blake Griffen. Let hear what you guys have to say i've been wondering about this scenario for a while.

Even though its a long shot what do you guys think about the possibility of us winning the #1 pick and trading for the #2 pick. Personally I feel that Petrie is very intrigued by Rubio but if given the chance I dont think he would pass on Blake Griffen. Let hear what you guys have to say i've been wondering about this scenario for a while.
I think Griff is a lock at #1 for any team regardless of need and Rubio is close to a lock at #2

Edit: I see #1 and #2... yes, if the Kings could get Griff and Ruby, I am sure they would... Griff = talent; Ruby fills a need. The question is how? Trade the #23 pick + K9's expiring + ? for Baron Davis's horrid deal + #2 pick?

Last edited:
Trade for the #2 pick

I think it's possible. Teams don't want to add payroll. Especially what the #2 pick will cost. Question is will the Maloofs pay the price. Our second pick, KT's expiring and maybe Garcia or Green could be enough for the Clippers or Wizzards. Hopefully a more stable team doesn't move up to the #2 spot.
Rubio, Martin, Green or Garcia, Griffin and Hawes is a good young team. Then you have JT and Beno off the bench. That's a good start to our rebuilding.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
First, lets see if we get the number one pick. Then, if we do, lets see who were dealing with at number two. Its pretty hard to come up with a deal when you don't even know who your dealing with. I would pray its Washington, since they're over the cap no matter what they do and need relief.

I think it's possible. Teams don't want to add payroll. Especially what the #2 pick will cost. Question is will the Maloofs pay the price. Our second pick, KT's expiring and maybe Garcia or Green could be enough for the Clippers or Wizzards. Hopefully a more stable team doesn't move up to the #2 spot.
Rubio, Martin, Green or Garcia, Griffin and Hawes is a good young team. Then you have JT and Beno off the bench. That's a good start to our rebuilding.

if the maloofs were able to swing a deal that could get us rubio AND griffin think of the Media coverage and the fanbase (especially from spain)

i think the cost would be fair.. the team will be mentioned in paper after paper.. and if DOES happen we may have a team that has two players competing for ROY

gunks

Hall of Famer
There are going to be a lot of dissapointed fans in Kings land when we end up with the 4th pick and Petrie doesnt make any draft day trades...

...Just sayin

But IF, and its a big if, Stern decides to fix the NBA in FAVOR of the Kings for once and we do end up with 1 and 2. Good times. Good times. Rubio/Martin/Noc/Griffin/Hawes would be a fun fun team to watch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You might want to take a few minutes and read this thread, since it's a pretty good discussion of the possibilities of us somehow getting both Rubio and Griffin.

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31584