Nocioni, one of the nicest and funniest.......

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Following a link in the Bee's Kings blog led to a short but unsigned article in the Chicago Tribune last Friday on Nocioni that provides a bit more insight to the hustling forward. It's short enough so here it is.

Originally posted: February 20, 2009 in Chicago Tribune

A nod to Noce

Trades and free-agent signings happen all the time in professional sports and you move on. Another story always waits.

But it’d be remiss not to mention a personal thanks to Andres Nocioni, who might be one of the nicest--and funniest--athletes I’ve ever covered. Beyond the treat it was to watch him play every night, Nocioni was refreshing to be around in the locker room every day because he respected our profession and offered funny or passionate quote after funny or passionate quote.

Nocioni may have lost some effectiveness this season, but it was a treat to always watch his effort and intensity. Beyond that, he always would ask about my two boys--he has two of his own that are similar ages--and always had a wisecrack waiting.

I used to tell him that I wished I spoke Spanish better because if he was this funny in his second language, he’d be downright hilarious in his primary language.

Good luck, Chapu. You will be missed.

Last edited:
Following a link in the Bee's Kings blog led to a short but unsigned article in the Chicago Tribune last Friday on Nocioni that provides a bit more insight to the hustling forward. It's short enough so here it is.

Originally posted: February 20, 2009

A nod to Noce

Trades and free-agent signings happen all the time in professional sports and you move on. Another story always waits.

But it’d be remiss not to mention a personal thanks to Andres Nocioni, who might be one of the nicest--and funniest--athletes I’ve ever covered. Beyond the treat it was to watch him play every night, Nocioni was refreshing to be around in the locker room every day because he respected our profession and offered funny or passionate quote after funny or passionate quote.

Nocioni may have lost some effectiveness this season, but it was a treat to always watch his effort and intensity. Beyond that, he always would ask about my two boys--he has two of his own that are similar ages--and always had a wisecrack waiting.

I used to tell him that I wished I spoke Spanish better because if he was this funny in his second language, he’d be downright hilarious in his primary language.

Sounds like a great guy...looking forward to see what effect he has in the locker room, as opposed to Brad Miller.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden

The original Tribune article had that sign off. Chapu???

Is/was that Nocioni's nickname in the windy city? Article started off with "An ODE to NOCE". But I'd love to find out about the Chapu?

The original Tribune article had that sign off. Chapu???

Is/was that Nocioni's nickname in the windy city? Article started off with "An ODE to NOCE". But I'd love to find out about the Chapu?
You have never heard of Chapu ??? I guess you are not Spanish speaking person :))

Look here: http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/chapcolo.htm

El Chapu es un grandisimo jugador. Cuando estuvo en España, demostro a todos que es un jugador con mucha intensidad, un lider y que siempre juega para ganar. Si juega como en España, los Kings habran acertado con el fichaje.

Chapu is a great player. When he was in Spain, he showed to everybody that he is a player with a lot of intensity, a leader and he always play to win. If he plays like in Spain, the Kings will have ok with the trade.

Chapu is his nickname in Argentina and given to him after a mexican children show called "Chapulin Colorado" (known in all latin america) which has to do with a goofy hero who defended people in trouble and knocked the bad guys out with a plastic hammer. A Chapulin in mexico is a beetle (insect).

Chapu is his nickname in Argentina and given to him after a mexican children show called "Chapulin Colorado" (known in all latin america) which has to do with a goofy hero who defended people in trouble and knocked the bad guys out with a plastic hammer. A Chapulin in mexico is a beetle (insect).

"Chapulin Colorado" was a funny program. I saw it when I was 7 or 8 years old. In Spain, I saw it every day.

Nice interview with Andres Nocioni - and yes, he's a really-really nice guy. Talked about Chicago and now Sac. Very glad to be here. Ironically, met MJ for first time in his life last night here instead of Chicago - joking with Michael about that. Andres said his M.O. is toughness, intensity, defense and that is what most Argentine players are about leading them to Olympic Gold Metal in B-Ball four years ago. Came from small town of 20,000 about 5 hours drive from B.A. Said his buddy Drew Gooden can help Kings young bigs and provide tough intense post play, rebounding, scoring. His accent is noticable, but great to talk with, well spoken, easy to understand. Basically, with Noc it's, "I'm not talent guy, but play with energy and tough defense." Great role model for not just the Kings but the world.