New Players?

If you Look up SACRAMENTO KINGS on WIKIPEDIA and scroll down to ROSTER, you will see that Joey Dorsey, and Liu wei on our team.

and when i clicked on Dorseys name it said this:

"Dorsey was chosen as the 33rd overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft by the Portland Trail Blazers. [1][2] After the draft, he was traded to the Houston Rockets in exchange for the draft rights to the 25th pick, Nicolas Batum of France. His jersey number is #15. Later, he was confirmed to be part of the Sacramento Kings also with Guard, Bobby Jackson, rookie Donte Greene and a future 1st-Round Pick."

Weird?

Your right that is wierd...especially the liu wei thing.. On his wikipedia article it says either the rockets or the kings (im guessing the kings) had signed him in the pre-season of 04-05 season during the chinese games that we played but he never came over...im wondering if he is coming over to play for some reason.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Never trust wikipedia, kids. Never. Listen to your teachers on this one.

Wikipedia is beyond wonderful for most things, but current events are always going to be shaky.

I ahve no doubt of the anser, but if somebody really wants to, shoot an email to the Kings or Amick and they should be able to clarify.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wikipedia IS the best thing ever -- people do not realize what the world of information was like before it. A device which potentially unites the knowledge of every human being everywhere? = awesome beyond belief.

BUT, it should never be relied upon for currrent events -- it only becomes powerful as time passes and peer review kicks in. In the short term, any crackpot can write nearly anything.

In any case the roster thing appears to have been corrected. There is one oddity listed on the 08-09 roster page where they incorrectly, as far as I know, still have Lorenzen Wright listed. Otherwise I saw no mention of Liu Wei or Dorsey.

Sometimes also some urban legend-like information or common misconceptions will live on longer term, but as long as you aren't foolish enough to take everything as gospel without further checking, you can't beat the one-stop information shopping of a Wikipedia page.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I watched those pre-season games. (I remember I had to get up at 3 or 4 in the morning to see them). Yao's buddy Liu Wei did play for the Kings (presumably so the Chinese fans would have someone to root for on the "bad guys" team). He got a lot of minutes because the games were in China, but he clearly was not NBA material so he didn't return with the team for the rest of pre-season. I didn't think he looked very good, but then most PGs who are thrown onto a roster without enough time to learn the offense end up looking pretty bad. Even Derek Rose did this summer.

Liu Wei is the captain of the Chinese team for the Olympics. Just a little random fact.

And Joey Dorsey? You mean the guy that lost the game for his Summer League team, without being in uniform?

Why Wikipedia gets a worse rap than other information sites online baffles me.

Unless we are talking about CIA Factbook, NASA,gov or Encyclopedia Britannica (which, we might very well be talking about) or another site ran by clear experts in the field, Wikipedia is actually a step up from most websites not just in volume of information, but in accuracy.

There are hundreds of people that form the crews that make sure things are kept accurate on the site. Sure, you can go add some fact about the town of Cowpoke, Idaho and how it is the home of the largest toilet in the America and it might stay there for a few days. But, if you change something, even the tiniest of items, on a higher-trafficked page, you can be certain it will be back to normal within a few hours, if not the hour. Go try it. See what happens.

Any other non-professional site on the Web is the opposite. People like you or me write everything on them, except you'll be lucky if there's a single person there fact-checking and editing, let alone the hundreds that call Wikipedia their home.

There is so much bad information on the internet, Wikipedia is a place you'll find very little of it.

Or Lee Dorsey, as in everything that Mike D does is funky like him.

See I got heart like John Starks
hittin mad sparks
pass me the mike
and I'll be rockin the whole park.
Beastie Boys have some of the best basketball lyrics ever. Alot of them do refer to the knicks, but I reccomend all of you listen to a tune they wrote called "Tough Guy" ........great hoops song!