posey to the hornets

very good move. posey is a nice defender. much better than peterson. and a clutch shooter. im sure posey will be the one seen on the floor during crunch time. his length is a problem for even kobe. he's pulling a robert horry. how many can he rack up!! to be continued

Now they can bench Peja in the 4th quarter for a guy that can actually shoot and defend in the clutch.

I think its a good pick-up by the Hornets.

Isn't Pargo a FA as well? I think this is less a replacement of Peja in crunch time than it is Pargo as he was always in at the last few minutes of a game. This is a big upgrade if that is the case.

its too bad the Celts won't repeat now though :/

Good move for the Hornets. They're going to be good, but you could tell they were inexperienced in crunch time this year. A good veteran roleplayer like Posey can do wonders for them, I'm just not sure of how their rotation works now. Does Julian Wright shift to full time PF now? I guess that could work.

I don't know how good of a move this is. They already have Peja and Wright at the 3. Maybe Wright is available now.
I think he'll start at the two. It didn't seem like Byron Scott was all that impressed with MoPete in the playoffs. So actually, MoPete is probably available, and that doesn't matter at all to us.

posey is a bench player. not starting material and not a player that brings a great impact during the regular season. but he's very valuable to have in the playoffs. thats why he was signed. no more no less

Did you even watch the Hornets and Pedja last year?:rolleyes:
I watched him plenty of years on the Kings, does that count? Or does only what he did in a few games the previous season count?

Speaking of which, he shot under 38% in crunch time last year according to 82games.com.

Ugh, Posey only shot 35% in the clutch. So they both suck when it counts.

I remember Posey shooting well down the stretch in big games. It must of been the playoffs, which isn't accumulated in the stats I saw.

I remember Peja having two solid games against the Spurs and then disappearing for the remainder of the series.

I watched him plenty of years on the Kings, does that count? Or does only what he did in a few games the previous season count?

Speaking of which, he shot under 38% in crunch time last year according to 82games.com.

I remember Posey shooting well down the stretch in big games. It must of been the playoffs, which isn't accumulated in the stats I saw.

I remember Peja having two solid games against the Spurs and then disappearing for the remainder of the series.
I have a feeling the Hornets are more interested in his defense than his offense. Any 3's he can splash in while frustrating the Kobe's/McGrady's in the West is just icing on the cake.

Come on. I know a lot of people don't like Peja, and his struggles in clutch situations and in the postseason are well-chronicled here, perhaps better than anywhere else. But he did play well overall down the stretch last season, even hitting a couple of game winners. I, for one, think your comment about benching him in favor of Posey was unfair, regardless of what 82games.com says.

And I'm no Peja fanatic.

Come on. I know a lot of people don't like Peja, and his struggles in clutch situations and in the postseason are well-chronicled here, perhaps better than anywhere else. But he did play well overall down the stretch last season, even hitting a couple of game winners. I, for one, think your comment about benching him in favor of Posey was unfair, regardless of what 82games.com says.
Of course the comment was unfair. There is no way the Hornets are benching Peja in the 4th quarter. I think they would be a better down the stretches in close games with a tough nosed defender on the floor instead of Peja, but its just my opinion.