Should Ron be on the team at all?

Do you want Ron Artest on the Kings?

• Yes

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 48.5%

• Total voters
He's 28 years old LOL thats prime age because you still have the athletisim but with experience. Also the Bibby trade was to bring in Expiring contracts which Ron has this year so...?
Truthfully I don't think it really matters. But here is a short answer for you. To sign players based on whether or not they fit well with Artest would come back and bite us (maybe) in 3 years or so. Let's say we sign Artest for 5 more seasons (so 6 more with the Kings including this season), and bring in players to fit with Artest's style of play. In two years time Artest will be 30, and the kings might just be making it out of the Lottery. So we JUST made the playoffs with a team built around a 30 year old on the downslide. That's what I was getting at.

SLIM: oops.. didn't see your first post. I was looking for the full quote for some reason.

Three years and what has Artest done for the Kings? 8th seed in the playoffs, and 2 straight years out of the playoffs. Not to mention his off-court errors in judgement. He's gotta go.

couldn't you basically say the same thing about Kevin Martin?
So you think you can say the same thing about a guy coming to the team as a practically unknown young rookie almost no one thought would even stick in the league as you can about a guy who was already a first-team all-defensive player and widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the league?

Last edited:
But the subject of this thread was Artest, and he hasn't improved his game or his team, which he was brought in specifically to do. Kevin Martin was young, and basically untested with no experience when Artest came to the Kings. Kevin has improved every year, and Artest, with all his baggage, has not.

The Kings have already committed to Kevin Martin. No need to commit to any more of our "big 3" IMO. Plus Kevin is young. Ron needs and wants to win now. Put him in a position that will a) help him win now, and b) help us win in the future.

Three years and what has Artest done for the Kings? 8th seed in the playoffs, and 2 straight years out of the playoffs. Not to mention his off-court errors in judgement. He's gotta go.

NO the squad has been missing the playoffs as a team not as individuals.

Should Ron be on this team? I don't think so, he's talented and puts it out there on the floor all the time (or when he's in uniform). But I just can't see him part of the team. To me he doesn't fit it (from what I've seen these couple years), he also plays a lot of one on one, doesn't pass out of double teams till it's too late, forces a lot of issues.

But I wouldn't want him to leave for nothing, I'd like to get a player back. We need to build up. He might be the best all around player that we have, but I don't know, he's not a piece that I see. He's seems like a good guy, has named Kevin "the golden boy" and he seems to really care about our young players. But is he a future ring piece for our team? I don't think so, but I'm not the GM.

NO the squad has been missing the playoffs as a team not as individuals.
I agree.

Yea you can't say that with Artest here we didn't make the playoffs so he should go. It's a team effort. The Lakers missed the playoffs one year, that didn't mean it was Kobe's fault. It's all about finding a mix of guys that work, and Artest doesn't seem to work with the rest of our cast at the moment.