Kings Season Ticket Holders: Are You Renewing?

Season ticket holders: Are you renewing your tickets?

• Total voters
I agree with a lot of that, Brick. And since I've never been able to afford season tickets, I'm not criticizing anybody who's giving them up. I have to admit, I sure would love to see a whole lot more going on from our owners and GM.

Unlike a lot of Kings fans here (not from the Sacramento area), I am also attached to having a home town team. I'm probably going to hang on to hoping for improvement, because if things don't improve and attendeance stays this low, I've no doubt the team's gone. For me, that would be a sad day for Sacramento area Kings fans.

(No, I will not start rooting for the Warriors. I've always hated them.:cool:)

It's not just the team that's changed, it's Arco. No one stands up anymore, people arrive late and leave early - the electricity is gone. I guess I should have seen it coming when during the first game of the 2003-04 regular season (Lebrons first game) George Carl said "this is the quietest I've ever seen Arco". Yikes.
Agreed.

I've never been a season ticket holder, but I have seen Arco's change over the years. There used to be "fire" at the top of the scoreboard in the old days, but that fire wasn't there a single time when I attended a game this season. The season ticket holder who sold me the tickets was taking more than a 30% loss on face value of the ticket. People yell louder in hopes to get free stuff rather than yelling for the team. The last time I walked out of Arco Arena I was really saddened that the atmosphere was much different than what I remember. Even last season or 2 seasons ago gave me a "good feeling" even though the atmosphere at Arco Arena (during Kings games) was already diminishing. When the flames were going, it gave me a special feeling. This feeling is something I had when I went to Arco Arena for the Linkin Park Concert where more than half the people stood up for the whole Linkin Park part of the concert. It was reminiscent of the glory days of the Kings.

I can't blame any season ticket holders who wants out because the atmosphere has changed. Season tickets, parking, gas, time, and other costs are additional reasons to want out.

I'd much rather get Comcast sports net or watch the games off NBA TV rather than have season tickets.

Even though I may not attend another Kings game for a long time, my heart will still remain with the team. I will be watching what few games I can off regular broadcast TV. I will keep reading this forum and following NBA action.

Last week I committed to re-up my season tix for 2008-09 (Section 112M), and this will be my 12th year as a STH. The group that has purchased my Section 216 seats for about 7 years also chose to re-up.

I was very happy with the product on the floor this season (they neither exceeded nor undershot my expectations), and I saw real effort in about 90% of the games. I saw a few stinkers this year (not nearly as many as last year) and also saw some great performances. While I would have liked seeing one more big player move this year, I understand the difficulty in pulling that off and know that our renaissance time really cannot come until after next season.

I was very happy with the effort made by MS&E representatives to reach out to the STH fan base and actually listen and make changes. That definitely played a role in my decision. They have had to re-learn how to keep customers in the wake of the Kings' slide in recent years, and they have done quite well.

And naturally, both Kingsgurl and I have really enjoyed Kevin Martin continue to blossom as a pro, and we look forward to his taking another step up in the coming season. Our joy in watching Kevin do his thing on the floor also played a key role in the decision.

The decision was not nearly as difficult as in the last 2 years, and it also helped that my new 1/2 season partner for this year was willing to go it again. But had he not, I still would have re-upped and again recruited MS&E help to find a partner for 22 games.

There was progress made this year, and it's not worth arguing the degree of that progress, but I will depart this season feeling better about our team than after last season. In the end, I was very entertained this year by the games I attended, am convinced that Reggie is the right coach (who will make more mistakes along the "learning" way but will ultimately be a good one), believe that Petrie will make a couple good moves in the off season to take the next step in the rebuild (although my recent confidence has been shaken, like many of yours), know that KMart will be better next season and work hard in the off-season to improve his weak points, and will be patient to see what we can do after the salary cap shackles are removed after 2008-09.

I had a great time at the Rockets game last night. Arco wasn't full, to be sure, but the crowd was going great and the fans were on their feet for the last couple of minutes or so. That Cisco dunk really got the crowd going. All for a team not going to the playoffs. :D

The decision was not nearly as difficult as in the last 2 years, and it also helped that my new 1/2 season partner for this year was willing to go it again. But had he not, I still would have re-upped and again recruited MS&E help to find a partner for 22 games.
I can tell you if I had someone who would have taken 1/2 my season tickets I would have re-upped in a second. Easier said than done and MSE has been no help in this whatsoever.

I agree that you need to have hope in what the organization is doing on and off the court to justify shelling out the clams to buy season tickets. Unfortunatley, I do not have said hope. I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do not have any faith in the direction of the team and I think the maloofs have other plans for this franchise. So.........I chose to sink my money into 49er season tickets. :eek: From one loser to another right? The difference is, my seats were cheaper and each football game is an event. It's an all day affair and even through these extremely lean years, I have never had any trouble finding someone to go with me. The 9er franchise is in a state of chaos right now but unlike the kings, the games are still exciting. Even though the team has been bad for so long, it still feels like the 9ers are a few players and a new coach away from being right back in the thick of it. I have hope as a Niner fan. I have none as a kings fan.

I agree that you need to have hope in what the organization is doing on and off the court to justify shelling out the clams to buy season tickets. Unfortunatley, I do not have said hope. I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do not have any faith in the direction of the team and I think the maloofs have other plans for this franchise. So.........I chose to sink my money into 49er season tickets. :eek: From one loser to another right? The difference is, my seats were cheaper and each football game is an event. It's an all day affair and even through these extremely lean years, I have never had any trouble finding someone to go with me. The 9er franchise is in a state of chaos right now but unlike the kings, the games are still exciting. Even though the team has been bad for so long, it still feels like the 9ers are a few players and a new coach away from being right back in the thick of it. I have hope as a Niner fan. I have none as a kings fan.

See I am hoping the 9ers do well, but I honestly have more hope as a Kings fan. I think the 9ers will make the playoffs next year but I trust Petrie a lot more to manage my franchise than I would trust a guy like Nolan(and now Scotty Mac as new GM is unproven so I dunno).

I agree that you need to have hope in what the organization is doing on and off the court to justify shelling out the clams to buy season tickets. Unfortunatley, I do not have said hope. I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do not have any faith in the direction of the team and I think the maloofs have other plans for this franchise. So.........I chose to sink my money into 49er season tickets.
Good move. If it weren't for the waiting list, I would have purchased San Diego Chargers season tickets this year. My wife and I could buy 2 of the best seats in the stadium and airfare for all 10 home games and still save almost $7,000 over the price of renewing our Kings tickets. Plus we would have the personal advantage of visiting friends, family, and our grandchildren 10 times during the course of the season. It's an easy choice.

I am not a season ticket holder but my husband and I were fortunate enough to buy Sunday home tickets from another Kingsfans. Unfortunately due to health reasons we were only able to attend one of the games! It killed me. But we had tremendous fun giving other people the tickets. I did not have any trouble giving away the tickets - just the opposite and everyone we gave them to was delighted and had a terrific time.

We love going to the games and would gladly buy the Sunday tickets again (if finances & health permit). :p Maybe they need to work on doing small groupings of tickets - or certain days of the week.

My in laws got 1/2 season tickets this year and will be buying full season next year. they got good seats :> section 108 row E