Kidd, Nash, etc.

maybe it was already discussed earlier,

cuban did not sign nash and sent him to suns. one of the issues was his age which is 34 now.
I checked and saw that kidd is also 34 right now and his remaining contract for 2 years is 41 m$, while nash's 3 years (one year team option included) and 37 m$.
you may argue that nash was not the nash he is now but he was not a scrub back then.
So do you think mavs could have won a ring in the past 3-4 years if nash was still with them?

No. Defense wins championships and Dallas didn't play a lick of defense. That's the same reason Nash will never win a championship. That and having a predictable, washed-up Shaq. The Suns are an easy target now that they have slowed down their offense to accommodate Shaq. What an embarrassment and spanking they got from the Pistons yesterday. I wonder how many more loses before Diaw starts and Shaq comes off the bench. I can really see the Suns going out of the first round this year. As far as Dallas, Kidd seems to be working and has been dishing dimes at an incredible rate. Should be interesting to see them play vs. the Lakers this Sunday.

Last edited:
Haha, the Suns lose a couple games while they're trying to make the transition to the Shaq era, and everyone's already writing them off. Hilarious.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Phoenix has only their GM to blame. Suns = fast-break, fast-fun team Shaq = never fast, trying his best but nowhere near what the Suns needed.

I almost feel sorry for Shaq. It's clear he's worked hard to get into shape and he really wants to make a success out of this whole deal but he's swimming up stream against a flood tide.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Phoenix has only their GM to blame. Suns = fast-break, fast-fun team Shaq = never fast, trying his best but nowhere near what the Suns needed.

I almost feel sorry for Shaq. It's clear he's worked hard to get into shape and he really wants to make a success out of this whole deal but he's swimming up stream against a flood tide.
being a key word:p

I wonder if he has figured it out that he'd have more than 4 had he done that during his prime.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wonder if he has figured it out that he'd have more than 4 had he done that during his prime.
Hrm. Let me think...

Still thinking...

still thinking...

Wait. What were we talking about?

Oh yeah. The realization by the big guy that prior acts could have resulted in more rings.

I'm thinking "nah."

VF21 said:
I'm thinking "nah."
I gotta think that bball mortality has crept into his psyche. "If I knew then..." is a tough realization that we all wrestle with at one point. Even tho he does spend 10 grand on gas per month...

I gotta think that bball mortality has crept into his psyche. "If I knew then..." is a tough realization that we all wrestle with at one point. Even tho he does spend 10 grand on gas per month...
Gotta love how desperate the Suns look. D'Antoni doesn't look cocky anymore. Looks pretty worried if you ask me. I wonder how long the honeymoon will last before Shaq turns the Suns to the Miami Heat. :D

Last edited: