Who wins NBA title NOW?

Who wins NBA championship 07-08?

• Total voters
Who wins NBA championship 2007-08? These are the results of poll here as season began:

Spurs 14 27.45%
Celtics11
Suns 10 [B11[/B] 21.57%
Rockets 8 15.69%
Mavs 2 3.92%
Bulls 1 1.96%
Pistons 0 0%
Cavs 0 0%
Other 5 9.80%

Last edited:
Suns, the Shaq trade will put them over, especially as a playoff team. Lakers beat them last night, but I think the Suns will take them in a playoff series.

It would just plain pee me off if the Lakers won. I love the Gasol addition though. I really wish the Kings could have gotten him somehow.

Kidd is great, but not enough with softy Dirk.

Spurs have the exact same team (-Udrih) except one year older, no repeat there.

Celtics are my second choice.

Cavs, another year or two for them even with the last trades.

Rest - just do not think so.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm looking forward to a return to the matchup of old:

Celtics v. Lakers

But I don't think the Celtics will pull it out. The Lakers will take it 4-3 in a series that will be one momentus battle after another.

I agree that itll be Celts v. Lakers and to 7 games. But, the Celt's will have homecourt, that plus their superior defense will win game 7.

A

AriesMar27

spurs or celtics... though i like the cavs trades today... that might be a good team come playoff time...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Cannot recall a time when its been this wide open. But not wide open due to mediocrity. Wide open due to the sheer number of top teams.

I'm looking forward to a return to the matchup of old:

Celtics v. Lakers

But I don't think the Celtics will pull it out. The Lakers will take it 4-3 in a series that will be one momentus battle after another.
Shall I assume that you will be rooting for your fellow Californians?:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Shall I assume that you will be rooting for your fellow Californians?:D

Wrong for so very many reasons.

1. I hate LA and would be incredibly glad if the state were split in two.

2. I've been a fan of the NBA since 1965. The Kings didn't come to Sacramento until 1985. For the 20 years in between, I was a devoted fan of the Boston Celtics.

3. I would gouge my eyes out with cowbells before I rooted for the Lakers.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Celtics.

And I only chose them because I can't will myself to choose any other team from the West.

I voted the same for the same reason. While I acknowledge that the Lakers have improved, I will not pick them to win.....no how.....no way.....just can't do it. :p

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Cannot recall a time when its been this wide open. But not wide open due to mediocrity. Wide open due to the sheer number of top teams.

I agree with this, Brick. I also think that this will be a post season that basketball fans won't want to miss. It could be competitive and fun.

I'm going to go out on a whacky limb and say the finals will be Orlando vs. Utah. I know Utah is a Charles Barkely pick, but really the Kings have been the only team to beat them in like 15 games. Orlando is my dark horse in the East. They don't defend anybody, but you have to make jumpers against them, and they WILL make shots on the other end. So I'm calling a Magic-Jazz final. I wouldn't bet my house on it (I don't own a house.) I think Detroit actually ends up winning more games than Boston, leaving a Celtics-Magic 2nd round series in which the Magic win. In the ECF, Orly gets Detroit, and they let Chauncey go off every game but keep Rip in check and Rasheed shooting 3s.

In the west, Utah will finish with the 6th seed I think, drawing SA or Dallas in the 1st round. Dallas is too soft to beat Utah and SA is too old and I think Utah got better at SA's own game. In the second round they draw Pheonix or New Orleans, and they have shown before they can slow teams down to a pace THEY want to play at. Which leaves them against the Lakers in the WCF, and I think they can beat the Lakers if they have Boozer guard Bynum and Okur guard Gasol. A very improbable scenario, but I like it.

I voted for the Suns at the beginning of the season, but I can't support that decision anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it out of the first round. I expected them to play better defense and to see Amare Stoudemire be a more dominant figure, but neither of those things has happened. The Shaq trade might help this postseason, but I don't think it's enough to put them over the top. Especially with the improvements the other teams (like the Lakers) have made this season.

I think the NBA Finals will be the Lakers vs. the Pistons, with the Lakers winning the whole damn thing. The NBA would rather see the Celtics or the Cavs in the championship against the Lakers, but I don't think the Cavs are good enough and the Celtics aren't ready yet (could be wrong).

But I can't pull myself to vote for the Lakers in this poll, so I didn't vote.

As a side note, I would love to see the Hornets go all the way. Chris Paul is my favorite player in the League, if you haven't heard me say that before.

Welcome to David Stern's wet dream....maybe not the outcome, but definitely the matchup.

"wet dream".....can I say that????:p

With a heavy heart I selected the Lakers. I watched them outrun the Suns the other night. Kobe is unbelievable. He is the best player in the league right now. I'm gonna say its Lakers vs. Hornets in WCF, with Lakers in 5, Celtics vs. Magic in the ECF with Celtics in 7, and Lakers over Celtics in 6 in the finals. I think I will legitimately watch 20 games this postseason, which I haven't really been too excited to do in 2 years.

After watching the SUNS beat down the Celtics tonight i'm going with the homer take.
We are still working out the kinks on offense as far as spacing/rotations etc...but after being one of the most pathetic rebounding(especially offensive rebounding) SUNS team's i've ever witnessed, we've completely turned that around with the addition of O'Neil. Thus, we're able to stay in games & hold leads much better than before when our jump shooting goes cold.
Small ball sucks & it never won anything. I'm ecstatic. The playoffs will be unbelievably competitive this year & i think now, the SUNS are finally better equipped to handle it provided our vets stay healthy.:D

After watching the SUNS beat down the Celtics tonight i'm going with the homer take.
We are still working out the kinks on offense as far as spacing/rotations etc...but after being one of the most pathetic rebounding(especially offensive rebounding) SUNS team's i've ever witnessed, we've completely turned that around with the addition of O'Neil. Thus, we're able to stay in games & hold leads much better than before when our jump shooting goes cold.
Small ball sucks & it never won anything. I'm ecstatic. The playoffs will be unbelievably competitive this year & i think now, the SUNS are finally better equipped to handle it provided our vets stay healthy.:D
I am a homer too. Did you see the Lakers pick & roll on Shaq on Wednesday? It was like a dunk drill for Gasol. And that's without Bynum whose alley-opp is so up there, nobody can stop it like Kobe was able to stop Shaq's alley-opp in the 4th quarter of that game. I watched the game vs. the Celtics and I was really not impressed by the Celtics. Their offense is not organized and the Suns figured them out. In a series between the Suns, the game will be won by defense and at this point, the Lakers are just a little bit better defensively. Plus, they are deeper, younger, and hungrier. Not to disrespect the Suns, I think the Lakers are just better than them right now. By playoffs time, the Suns would have adjusted to Shaq, and they will be better barring injuries but the Lakers would have adjusted to Gasol & Bynum as well. Even D'Antoni said he doesn't want to face the Lakers in a series. At this point, I just don't see how they can be avoided by any team wanting to get to the Finals. Lakers vs. Suns this year, it should be fun to watch. Let it be. Please, let it be!!!

And here's to good health!!!!

Last edited: