Bibby headed to Atlanta

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I was an owner of the Kings, this would be a great trade. $10 mil next year to not have to watch Mike Bibby walk the ball up the court. Done and done.

I wonder if Dallas needs any of our expiring contracts for their impending Kidd deal?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If this is the only trade Petrie makes today, I'm honestly all for firing his ***. There was no way he could have gotten Childress or Williams?? this is bs.
Thanks. This cracked me up - as I was waiting to see who would be the first to call for firing Petrie for not doing enough. We got expirings, which is what most people have been yelling from the rooftops. And we didn't send Bibby to another team in the West.

Is this a perfect trade? No, but it may well have been the best possible. It's so easy to think up better trades when you're the only one involved.

Thanks. This cracked me up - as I was waiting to see who would be the first to call for firing Petrie for not doing enough. We got expirings, which is what most people have been yelling from the rooftops. And we didn't send Bibby to another team in the West.

Is this a perfect trade? No, but it may well have been the best possible. It's so easy to think up better trades when you're the only one involved.
Not hearing fire Petrie from me on this one. I think we did ok. Sheldon is midget forward, but expirings for Bibby is nice.

I'm not sure there was a better move. I think Petrie had to do something and I am fine with what he did. I'll be sad to see mike go but I really like Beno at the point.

Now correct me if i am wrong, we cant trade any of these expirings we just got right? Whats the time from on trading a player just traded?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I dont get it is there an official trade scenario of Bibby to Hawks?
or is everyone just jumping to conclusions?
It's not people jumping to conclusions. It should be announced shortly, which will make it "official." It is a done deal barring any unforeseen circumstance - but none of the players involved have a trade restriction clause so we're in better shape than the Mavs.

:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So did we get a #1 pick???
Dude, read the links:

The Kings have reached an agreement in principle to send veteran guard Mike Bibby to the Atlanta Hawks for guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue and forwards Lorenzen Wright and Shelden Williams, sources told The Bee on Saturday.
No draft picks involved. But please note that SHELDEN WILLIAMS is included, which was part of your protest.

Dude, read the links:

No draft picks involved. But please note that SHELDEN WILLIAMS is included, which was part of your protest.
Yeah I am reading and I don't believe it.. Geoff Petrie should be fired. and it was Marvin Williams I was asking about. I should have been more clear. So we don't pull the trigger on picking up Gibson and Varejao for Bibby but will go ahead with some moron move like this?! Honestly there damn well better be another trade in the works...

Alright, I've always been confused about expirings and stuff. So, 3 of the 4 Hawks are expirings. That means that after this year they will not be on our team unless we resign them. Correct? So there is no reason to get hyped up if they do real good except for sheldon williams. I think that's right

Thanks for one good year and a phat contract that made it hard for us to aquire better players! Thanks for all your injuries and mediocre preformance (post-webber). I am almost in tears at how happy I am. Good riddance, but also, good luck. Thier team will benefit, and ours most definetely will also.

*Crosses fingers on big boy Shel Will*

piksi

Hall of Famer
Yeah I am reading and I don't believe it.. Geoff Petrie should be fired. and it was Marvin Williams I was asking about. I should have been more clear. So we don't pull the trigger on picking up Gibson and Varejao for Bibby but will go ahead with some moron move like this?! Honestly there damn well better be another trade in the works...
do You have any evidence that this was offered because I seriously doubt it ?

It's not people jumping to conclusions. It should be announced shortly, which will make it "official." It is a done deal barring any unforeseen circumstance - but none of the players involved have a trade restriction clause so we're in better shape than the Mavs.

:)
Well if it is finalized I like the players we got in return all expirings. except for S.Williams who has potential to be a great defender. Good Job Petrie!

I think we are more flexible with an Artest, Thomas & Shareef trade with these expirings coming in.. or could someone correct me if im wrong can we trade players we just traded for or do we have to wait?