Kings Select in the 2008 NBA DRAFT??

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Is there a list somewhere of the top college players that are likely to come out next year. I son't watch college basketball and would like to know which teams to look for and which guys to watch.

I use nbadraft.net. All listed are "projected" to come out. If the player returns than they update, and take him off the list, but most players don't declare either way until they know where about they will be drafted by looking at mock drafts.

I like nbadraft.net because there is a link to their stats on the player page from espn which breaks down each game, and gives an avg of the whole year. Better than yahoo because they seem to take the first game and don't update anymore for some reaon.

nbadraft.net is a good site for looking at the top players imo.

I use nbadraft.net. All listed are "projected" to come out. If the player returns than they update, and take him off the list, but most players don't declare either way until they know where about they will be drafted by looking at mock drafts.

I like nbadraft.net because there is a link to their stats on the player page from espn which breaks down each game, and gives an avg of the whole year. Better than yahoo because they seem to take the first game and don't update anymore for some reaon.

nbadraft.net is a good site for looking at the top players imo.
nbadraft.net is good for their archives and their basic and clear scouting reports. However their rankings suck. Draftexpress go much more in depth into their scouting reports, better overall scouting, much nicer web site, and better predictions on who will declare and where they will fall in the draft. They have their stats, but not current season stats that are regularly updated (they probably don't update until the end of the year). So if you want better predictions and quality of scouting then go DE, but if you want quick and basic go to nbadraft.net.

I want to see us draft

1.rose,mayo,beasley
2.bayless
3.griffin
4.hardin
5.love

I would be really happy with bayless and I think he currently is the top guard in the country right now. (besides gordon)

Derrick Rose - PPG 17.0 | APG 4.3 | RPG 5.0

OJ Mayo - PPG 21.8 | APG 3.3 | RPG 4.8

Jerrd Bayless PPG 18.4 | APG 5.2 | RPG 4.4

to me he is a better passer than Both, and also more of a true point. dont get me wrong I mean I will take either if we are lucky enough. but you have to also remember that the wildcats dont really have any other good players except Chase. no bigs. Rose and Mayo have bigs. taj and joey. so the defense is more concentrated on wildcats guards. we need a true point (beno) like jerryd.

Derrick Rose - PPG 17.0 | APG 4.3 | RPG 5.0

OJ Mayo - PPG 21.8 | APG 3.3 | RPG 4.8

Jerrd Bayless PPG 18.4 | APG 5.2 | RPG 4.4

to me he is a better passer than Both, and also more of a true point. dont get me wrong I mean I will take either if we are lucky enough. but you have to also remember that the wildcats dont really have any other good players except Chase. no bigs. Rose and Mayo have bigs. taj and joey. so the defense is more concentrated on wildcats guards. we need a true point (beno) like jerryd.
Do you watch the games or just go by stats? Rose is a true PG and a fine passer.

Right now Rose doesn't look like a true PG and neither is Bayless. Maybe Memphis' system masks his ability. Collison and Lawson are most likely better as true PGs. For now, at least.

I do watch the games, and I am a fan of rose also. I just think bayless will be a better point guard in the nba. and I didnt get to see hardins last game. I think next weekend I am going to that game though. the guy I am really interested in is Brandon Jennings! he is a freak of nature! next year watch az!! he is a savage.

First pick we should pick Michael "The Beast" Beasley. You shouldn't pass on that kind of talent when it's staring you in the face..

I'd take Rose. He just has unbelievable talent. Not that I'd be too upset if we took Beasley over him, I just think Rose has the talent to be like Wade, and quite possibly better. Beasley will also be a great player, but at least with Rose there'd be no question about his motivation, attitude and work ethic. Not to mention he's a very good defender.

Personal preference I guess, but I honestly don't think we'll be in the position to have a choice unfortunately. I can see GP and Theus keeping us right around the 8 - 13th pick. :(

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yeah I'd take the guy on this team for sure. He compliments Spencer's skillset so we can put him at PF and he's got insane potential. Could end up being like Jermaine O'neal IMO. Actually athletically he reminds me of him or Dwight also the most. I'd take him over Kevin Love.

2008 Kings if Petrie can pull off some freakin miracles:

Derrick Rose
Kevin Martin
Ron Artest
Devon Hardin
Spencer Hawes
:D
If he traded Bibby and Artest and we got a second high 1st rounder:

Rose
Martin
Hardin
Hawes
Garcia

I'd be a happy camper. Everything else is gravy.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He's a very special player, but he'll be going in the top 3 without a doubt, we won't be picking there unless GP decides that we need to build through the draft and trades Ron and/or Mike, preferably for picks (even a low pick) and an expiring or young unprovens (all we will get). As fas as I can see, GP is quite happy have us win in or around 35-40 wins, not enough for POs (which none of us should want) but enough to screw us out of a potential star.
It completely baffles me of how much of a mess we're in. We're completely mediocre, wouldn't actually be surprised if we had a resurgence when Mike gets back and ended up with the same or lower pick then last years. :eek:
You're too realistic! We have to believe that Petrie will change his spots! Denial can be very therapeutic...:)

I'd take Rose. He just has unbelievable talent. Not that I'd be too upset if we took Beasley over him, I just think Rose has the talent to be like Wade, and quite possibly better. Beasley will also be a great player, but at least with Rose there'd be no question about his motivation, attitude and work ethic. Not to mention he's a very good defender.

Personal preference I guess, but I honestly don't think we'll be in the position to have a choice unfortunately. I can see GP and Theus keeping us right around the 8 - 13th pick. :(
i beelieve you are right. the maloofs are still delusional thinking we can make the 8th seed again. our draft position will probably be in the 2nd half of the lottery the way we are going.

i'd take rose over beasley anyday of the week. beasley looks like a power small forward not a true power forward. think antoine walker but 10x better :) it would be stupid to play him at the 4 spot when there is a clear advantage to have him at the 3 spot.

rose has it all for the 1 position. size, athleticism, ball handling, shooting ability and defense. 6'9-6'10 SF/PF types seem to be available every draft not superstar level PGs. thats one of the reasons why i'd take D rose :)

I dont think we will be lucky enough to get a top 3 pick. I do think we can get a 4-12. I think if we get 4-6 we need to try and get Blake Griffin then if he is off the board Gordon or Bayless.

Gordon would be bpa (more of a sg, kinda reminds me of baron davis only a better scorer.), Griffin is a freak of naturem (quicker not as strong yet boozer.) Bayless also quick, good passer tall.

I think a guy we should consier is Serge Ibaka. He's playing overseas but the guy is an athletic freak from what I've heard, a legit 6'10'', legit rebounder, and has some skills.

He has a great wingspan which allows him to play bigger than his 6'9 listing. Plus he is listed at 235, and has the frame to pack on more muscle.

I would definitely take Beasley.
I don't know if I'd say he has a great wingspan, I've never heard anyone describe his wingspan like that. He reminds me of Antawn Jamison the most.

I really like Richard Hendrix, I think he can be a Boozer lite kind of player and he's got some upside with an nba conditioning program. Very good rebounder and got some pretty good low post moves. Could be a good mid to late first round pickup.

I really like Richard Hendrix, I think he can be a Boozer lite kind of player and he's got some upside with an nba conditioning program. Very good rebounder and got some pretty good low post moves. Could be a good mid to late first round pickup.

How is his athleticism/shotblocking? Even if he did turn out good if he doesn't do that and complement Hawes than we just wind up with a Boozer/Okur sort of frontcourt that doesn't really work defensively.

How is his athleticism/shotblocking? Even if he did turn out good if he doesn't do that and complement Hawes than we just wind up with a Boozer/Okur sort of frontcourt that doesn't really work defensively.
Defensively not so good, but would be a good value pick late in the 1st.