Kings Select in the 2008 NBA DRAFT??

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I am hoping for Jerryd Bayless and DeVon Hardin combo!

I will be more than happy! (if we cant get beasley,mayo,rose,gordon or love)
OK, again, this is an example of a worthless thread. We are 11 games into the season and you want to guess at who will be drafted next year????

Can't you wait until, say, March? We have no idea who will be coming out for the draft, who will be injured, who will step it up in March, etc.

We have no idea on where the Kings will draft or if any trades will bring picks our way or send them out.

Really, really pointless right now.

Also, you already have threads for Bayless and Hardin. Did you need to start another for both?

Last edited:

Warhawk

Staff member
By request, I am going to reopen this thread, but close other "watch" threads and merge them here. This can be the catchall thread for the draft next year. Please don't start numerous threads for each individual college player and the draft.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Staff member
I realize it is a bit confusing with the overlapping comments at this point, but from now on it should be easier to follow and keep all the potential draftees in one place.

Personally I think it's a bit early. The college season is like 3 games old (for most teams). This forgeign player has played how many games to avg the 14 boards? Is it less than 5 games or more?

I think the Kings will be too good to get a top 5 pick which kind of sucks, but hopefully we can get a draft pick for each if we trade Bibby/Artest. It's going to be a monster draft this year with probally 5-8 instant impact players, and another 10 players that can develop w/in a couple years. . :cool:

Since we are chatting about College players, do you all think that Beasley will be dominant in the NBA?

Could you imagine if Portlant gets another #1 pick, and has Oden, Beasley, Aldridge, and Roy in a starting lineup. UGH..

Portland is to good even without Oden to have much chances to get into the top-3 but you never know about the lottery. That would be pretty sick obviously. So much offense, Oden and Beasley would mask weak rebounding of Aldridge. Let's hope it won't happen. :)

Since we are chatting about College players, do you all think that Beasley will be dominant in the NBA?

Could you imagine if Portlant gets another #1 pick, and has Oden, Beasley, Aldridge, and Roy in a starting lineup. UGH..

They would take Rose so they have a real PG, or Mayo for the outside shooting+star potential.

You know I really think we might get Rose. We're 4-8 right now, who knows how long Ron is out with the family issue or whatever, Kevin seems burned out, Theus is a rookie coach, etc. We just need to trade for more youth and accept this rebuild!!!

"The beast" I think is a great 2nd option! we need a star! I can see kings get mayo with 3rd pick. i see us at best getting 3. but like I said earlier......Petrie will select Nicolas batum..I just feel it. he will be a king next year.

Entity

Hall of Famer
"The beast" I think is a great 2nd option! we need a star! I can see kings get mayo with 3rd pick. i see us at best getting 3. but like I said earlier......Petrie will select Nicolas batum..I just feel it. he will be a king next year.
only problem is Mayo and Martin play the same postion. Neither has the size to swing up to the 3 position and both lack the pg skills needed to be an NBA pg.

I hope not. We need a PG or a PF, not another SF:(.

btw, haven't seen Blake Griffin play yet I don't think. Might have seen 1 game but didn't pay attention to him. I heard he's good though.

only problem is Mayo and Martin play the same postion. Neither has the size to swing up to the 3 position and both lack the pg skills needed to be an NBA pg.

Nope, Mayo - not that he's my first choice - shouldn't have a problem playing point in the L. Although he's not going to be handing out dimes like Kidd, he should still be a very good point guard for a long time.

He has huge conditioning problems. NBA pace may damage his health I guess.
The most impressive part: he has only 3(!!!) fouls in 4 games. Obviously guys cannot get close to the basket when his big body's camping somewhere around. :D And there are no defensive 3 seconds in college.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He has huge conditioning problems. NBA pace may damage his health I guess.
The most impressive part: he has only 3(!!!) fouls in 4 games. Obviously guys cannot get close to the basket when his big body's camping somewhere around. :D And there are no defensive 3 seconds in college.
I conveniently overlooked that part for the sake of saying he's seven foot eight and blocks shots.

lol

If you manage to find four guys who can score in bunches playing against 5 guys he definitely have future in this league. Just plant him under your basket and invite everyone to drive into him.:rolleyes:

Which Lopez twin do you like... Brook or Robin?

Robin had 24 points, 10 boards and 5 blocks for Stanford vs Yale a few days ago.

Brook is sitting out the first few games because of academics.

They're both 7 feet tall.

Entity

Hall of Famer
btw What's our lottery position right now?
8th or 9th. As bad as we are. We still can't get in the top 5. It must be awful being a Knicks fan or a Minnesota fan right now. No Chicago is worse as they are supposed to be MUCH better than that. Miami is just an abbarition i believe they will get it together before long. If we want a top 5 pick we must trade Ron Artest. When Bibby gets back along with Artest we might even slip out of the top 10 as alot of teams seem to suck this year even worse than we do. We are only 2.5 games out of a playoff spot right now as bad as we are playing.

8th or 9th. As bad as we are. We still can't get in the top 5. It must be awful being a Knicks fan or a Minnesota fan right now. No Chicago is worse as they are supposed to be MUCH better than that. Miami is just an abbarition i believe they will get it together before long. If we want a top 5 pick we must trade Ron Artest. When Bibby gets back along with Artest we might even slip out of the top 10 as alot of teams seem to suck this year even worse than we do. We are only 2.5 games out of a playoff spot right now as bad as we are playing.

We should trade Ron then. I think Chicago will get it together though, eventually atleast.

Which Lopez twin do you like... Brook or Robin?

Robin had 24 points, 10 boards and 5 blocks for Stanford vs Yale a few days ago.

Brook is sitting out the first few games because of academics.

They're both 7 feet tall.
Last year, Brook was the better all-around. Both were solid defensively, but Stanford used Robin more as a defensive center and Brook as an offensive 4 because his moves were more polished. Robin also seemed to hit a freshman wall at about the time Brook came back from his preseason injury.

This year, with Brook out with suspension, Robin's showed some promise on the offensive end. He spent some time working on his footwork over the summer, and it shows. He's still not quite to Brook's level (Brook has longer range on the jumper, and is much more versatile) but he's far from a liability offensively.

I would take Robin because Brook is similar to Hawes ....

Not sure I get what you mean here. Because Brook is also very talented offensively? He doesn't quite have all the post moves Spencer has. And he's far from the liability on offense (see his 12 blocks against USC last year).

While they've said before they want to leave school at the same time, I'm not sure if they follow through with that. Brook's definitely ready, but I'm not sold on how ready Robin is. If he keeps up with his offensive progress, sure, but remember these are against Yale and some other heavyweights. We'll see when he takes on Kevin Love, Taj Gibson, Ryan Anderson, etc.

I would take love over the lopez twins.

Actually if we draft 10-15 I would take Love, Hardin or Griffin maybe even Serge Ibaka. I am not sold on either twin.

With our 2nd pick I might look to take Sean Singletary or Jamar Butler with our 2nd pick. I might also give a camp invite to Bryan Mullins hes a pretty good defender as a 1.