Miami still eyeing Artest

This is like the kid sitting in the bicycle shop window who's eying that $1000 shiny new dirt bike in the window. Every time he opens up his wallet though, all he finds are a couple 20's in his wallet. He goes back every week to check out the bike to see if the price is lowered, which it hasn't, and keeps checking his wallet and to no avail, it's still just 40 bucks in his wallet.

The Heat sure like to window shop.
No kidding - the heat seem to want to pursue anything decent available, but they really have nothing to trade.

Although...they have a superstar which is what everyone really needs....

I didnt suggest trading a sf for a pf. in the trade I suggested, you're trading 1 GF AND a 1 PF for 2 GFs and 1 PF. That's exactly why included SAR or KT in the trade. Because it'd be a logjam otherwise. Frankly, I think they both suck. As I said before, I thought it'd be doing you guys a favor. Double-doubles: Haslem 21. SAR & KT combined 8. Are you kidding me? I know you want expiring contracts but that doesnt mean you'll get it. Having said that, with all contracts being equal, wouldn't you want the best player? Haslem may have 3 years left, but he's still well underpaid. If you dont think so, then by all means, choose a pf that is both better AND is paid less. If you think you can get one who's better AND cheaper, then you're kidding yourself. By the same token, i didnt think there was any other person on that team that you'd wanna trade more than SAR or KT.

Apparently, you guys dont see that I was actually agreeing with you. Wow, those other people who added SAR and KT in their posts didnt get this much criticism!
1. Yeah, we would want the best player in that trade, if we weren't getting rid of the best player in that trade.

2. We will get what we want or you won't get Ron. You want Artest, we want expirings/youth/picks. If we don't get what we want...there is not trade.

3. It is not about a PF that is better than Haslem, you are going too far off tangent. We need a defensive PF and Haslem can barely average 1/3 of a block in 30 minutes. So why do we need another Kenny Thomas again? Because he is slightly better than Kenny Thomas?

Some people around here, think that if a team wants Artest SO badly, then maybe they would be willing to take our our garbage with him. The problem is that is not neccessarily realistic. And your proposed trade has us swapping Haslem for KT which is a virtual wash, and Artest for Posey/Wright which is absurd.

Look dude, if you want to trade Haslem for KT or SAR straight up without Artest, then I'm all for it. If you want Thomas and Artest then how about this trade:

Artest and Thomas

for

Haslem, J-Will and Wright

We need a backup PG, and as much as many people would not like to see Jason in Sac again, it would only be for one year and that is a nice expiring. This doesn't solve our PF logjam issue, but it solves our backup PG issue and it gives us financial flexibility after this season.

Or this trade:

Artest and SAR

for

Wright, Doleac, and J-Will and a next year's #1 draft pick

Jason becomes our backup PG, Doleac and J-Will are nice enders. Talent-wise, we are losing out big so we need your #1 pick.

Both of these trades leave you thin at PG. Maybe we could S&T Price for 2 years at cheap and you can go after Payton for one more year (did he retire?, I don't know) or someone else. It is not like you don't have the ball in Wade's hands anyway so you really just need a OG that can drain the 3 more than you need a true PG.

1. Yeah, we would want the best player in that trade, if we weren't getting rid of the best player in that trade.

2. We will get what we want or you won't get Ron. You want Artest, we want expirings/youth/picks. If we don't get what we want...there is not trade.

3. It is not about a PF that is better than Haslem, you are going too far off tangent. We need a defensive PF and Haslem can barely average 1/3 of a block in 30 minutes. So why do we need another Kenny Thomas again? Because he is slightly better than Kenny Thomas?

Some people around here, think that if a team wants Artest SO badly, then maybe they would be willing to take our our garbage with him. The problem is that is not neccessarily realistic. And your proposed trade has us swapping Haslem for KT which is a virtual wash, and Artest for Posey/Wright which is absurd.

Look dude, if you want to trade Haslem for KT or SAR straight up without Artest, then I'm all for it. If you want Thomas and Artest then how about this trade:

Artest and Thomas

for

We need a backup PG, and as much as many people would not like to see Jason in Sac again, it would only be for one year and that is a nice expiring. This doesn't solve our PF logjam issue, but it solves our backup PG issue and it gives us financial flexibility after this season.

Or this trade:

Artest and SAR

for

Jason becomes our backup PG, Doleac and J-Will are nice enders. Talent-wise, we are losing out big so we need your #1 pick.

Both of these trades leave you thin at PG. Maybe we could S&T Price for 2 years at cheap and you can go after Payton for one more year (did he retire?, I don't know) or someone else. It is not like you don't have the ball in Wade's hands anyway so you really just need a OG that can drain the 3 more than you need a true PG.
Price is now a Utah Jazz..

This is like the kid sitting in the bicycle shop window who's eying that $1000 shiny new dirt bike in the window. Every time he opens up his wallet though, all he finds are a couple 20's in his wallet. He goes back every week to check out the bike to see if the price is lowered, which it hasn't, and keeps checking his wallet and to no avail, it's still just 40 bucks in his wallet.

it feels foreign to be the bicycle shop instead of the kid on the bike. we have something someone wants!

it feels foreign to be the bicycle shop instead of the kid on the bike. we have something someone wants!
And that's exactly why a scrub, expiring and a late first isn't going to cut it.

David Lee/Balkman or Mardy Collins

or

Wright/2 1sts

would be the starting demands for Artest with Kenny Thomas being dumped in the process.

That's not that much to ask...we're asking for a couple of huffy's with reflectors...to give them our specialized rockhopper.

Artest and Thomas

for

Or this trade:

Artest and SAR

for

Wow! give 'em an inch and they take a mile. haslem for kt or sar straight up? a wash? uhh...21 double-doubles compared to 4 double-doubles doesnt seem like a wash to me. if you guys want to be greedy, then you can keep artest, sar, and kt...and we'll see y'all in the playoffs! i'm sure artest'd be excited to come to south beach NEXT summer! :cool:

Wow! give 'em an inch and they take a mile. haslem for kt or sar straight up? a wash? uhh...21 double-doubles compared to 4 double-doubles doesnt seem like a wash to me. if you guys want to be greedy, then you can keep artest, sar, and kt...and we'll see y'all in the playoffs! i'm sure artest'd be excited to come to south beach NEXT summer! :cool:
thanks riley! sorry the deal didn't go through, it was a generous offer you made. it was nice of you to join us though to discuss it, but alas, this is only a kings FANBOARD, where we actually don't have any power to make trades.

And that's exactly why a scrub, expiring and a late first isn't going to cut it.

David Lee/Balkman or Mardy Collins

or

Wright/2 1sts

would be the starting demands for Artest with Kenny Thomas being dumped in the process.

That's not that much to ask...we're asking for a couple of huffy's with reflectors...to give them our specialized rockhopper.

Artest is a little bit better than a specialized rockhopper. Id say maybe 06' Giant.

lol good luck with that...probably the only player who can pee off shaq more than kobe did.

Gave us an inch? You gave us a millimeter.

Listen, you can flash 21 double-doubles to 4 double-doubles all you want, but it doesn't really make your point stronger. Half of the double-double is scoring, and Kenny is not a main part of our offense. He isn't even a slight part of our offense. He gets all of his points through offensive rebs/hustle putbacks. You make it sound like Haslem is a good PF. He isn't. And I will say this again. We are looking for a defensive PF. Haslem has .3 blocks per 30 minutes!!! Even Kenny Thomas can average .3 blocks, but he does it in 23 minutes. Kenny also gets over 6 rebs in 23 minutes, meaning he has virtually exactly the same amount of rebs/48 min as Haslem. If you look at last year's stats, Kenny and Udonis are virtually the same in every category, except Kenny can do it in less minutes. Plus Kenny takes half as many shots, which helps to explain your skewed double-double stat. And don't think we didn't notice, while you were getting swept by Chicago, that Haslem was lackluster and virtually nonexistent.

But hey, if you love Haslem so much, and if he is so good, then why are you so willing to trade him? Maybe because you think Artest is the type of guy that can get you back to the promised land? Because maybe the fans in Miamiland are starting to realize that Shaq falling apart in front of your eyes, and you look at the lakers and realize how hard it is to have one good player and win. I mean, if J-Will/Wade/Posey/Haslem/Shaq can't even get out of the first round in the East, then you might have more problems than we do.

What I proposed was not about greed. It was about getting value in a trade. Because Posey and Haslem aren't exactly value. We don't want or need either of them so go back to the drawing board and let me know when you come up with something better. I came up with two trades in a matter of 10 minutes. I don't think either of them have any weight, but they are better than your proposed trade.

And if you are waiting for Artest to go to you guys when his contract is up, you might be waiting in vain. He wants to go back to his roots in NY and I don't see him passing that up just to go play with Wade.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer

When did Kid's bikes start selling for $1,000?:eek:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
When did Kid's bikes start selling for $1,000?:eek:

Better question is when did ours?

We can't even get people to cough up their allowance money -- given the choice of our asking price for our shaky talents or the alternative of filling their needs with a 1970's girl's bike with a bannana seat and streamers on the handles, team after team has taken the alternative.

Gave us an inch? You gave us a millimeter.

Listen, you can flash 21 double-doubles to 4 double-doubles all you want, but it doesn't really make your point stronger. Half of the double-double is scoring, and Kenny is not a main part of our offense. He isn't even a slight part of our offense. He gets all of his points through offensive rebs/hustle putbacks. You make it sound like Haslem is a good PF. He isn't. And I will say this again. We are looking for a defensive PF. Haslem has .3 blocks per 30 minutes!!! Even Kenny Thomas can average .3 blocks, but he does it in 23 minutes. Kenny also gets over 6 rebs in 23 minutes, meaning he has virtually exactly the same amount of rebs/48 min as Haslem. If you look at last year's stats, Kenny and Udonis are virtually the same in every category, except Kenny can do it in less minutes. Plus Kenny takes half as many shots, which helps to explain your skewed double-double stat. And don't think we didn't notice, while you were getting swept by Chicago, that Haslem was lackluster and virtually nonexistent.

But hey, if you love Haslem so much, and if he is so good, then why are you so willing to trade him? Maybe because you think Artest is the type of guy that can get you back to the promised land? Because maybe the fans in Miamiland are starting to realize that Shaq falling apart in front of your eyes, and you look at the lakers and realize how hard it is to have one good player and win. I mean, if J-Will/Wade/Posey/Haslem/Shaq can't even get out of the first round in the East, then you might have more problems than we do.

What I proposed was not about greed. It was about getting value in a trade. Because Posey and Haslem aren't exactly value. We don't want or need either of them so go back to the drawing board and let me know when you come up with something better. I came up with two trades in a matter of 10 minutes. I don't think either of them have any weight, but they are better than your proposed trade.

And if you are waiting for Artest to go to you guys when his contract is up, you might be waiting in vain. He wants to go back to his roots in NY and I don't see him passing that up just to go play with Wade.

uhh...we don't want to get rid of haslem. we just want a starting sf. obviously, you have to give up something to get something. the reason we didn't get out of the first round (2007) is because of injuries. both starting guards had injuries. the chicago guards were beating our guards and were making outside shots. they didn't have much of an inside game at all. when the best player isn't playing close to 100%, then what do you expect? just like when we lost to the pistons in the ecf (2005), we were doing fine until wade got hurt leading 3-2 (we loss the last 2 games because he got hurt). also, that same line up that you wrote of is what got us far past the first round in the 2006 (champs). haslem played a key role in defending nowitzki. j will, posey, and haslem are all great role players and compliment wade and shaq quite nicely. we'd love to keep posey, but just like kapono, he wants more money...money that just might put us over the lux tax threshold. if a void is going to be left, of course we'd like to fill it.

BTW - of course half the dbl-dbl is offense. what defensive stat, other than rebounds, do players get double digits? i guess sar and kt can get 10+ blocks and steals. What's wrong with having a guy that can do things on both ends?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... haslem played a key role in defending nowitzki. j will, posey, and haslem are all great role players and compliment wade and shaq quite nicely...
Unfortunately for Kings Fans, it's a lot easier to compliment Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal than it is to compliment Kevin Martin and Spencer Hawes.

BTW - of course half the dbl-dbl is offense. what defensive stat, other than rebounds, do players get double digits?
Not to get too far off-track, but since when do you have to get double-doubles with any defensive stat?