Ronnie Price vs. Baron Davis

Since it looks like we might lose Ronnie Price this summer, wouldn't it be nice to send him off in style? Ballhype is holding a 'Best Posterizations of the NBA Season' bracket, and the finals are Ronnie over Boozer and Baron over AK.

We should win something this year, right?

You can vote here.

(And no, this is not a self-link.)

I dont live in Sac anymore and away at college, i came home multiple times to go see a game and not once did i get to see a victory. However i did get to see that dunk live and i consider it a successful year.

S

sactownfan

why do we think ronnie's leaving? his picture is being used to sell season tickets right now on the kings website. seems kinda stupid since they just started using it. i think ronnie stays

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You know, Ronnie's was neat and everything, but Baron's was just off the charts, in the face of one of the league's great shotblockers, in the playoffs, to cap an absolutely monster night.

Bricklayer said:
You know, Ronnie's was neat and everything, but Baron's was just off the charts, in the face of one of the league's great shotblockers, in the playoffs, to cap an absolutely monster night.
Agreed. I must vote for Baron.

Since it looks like we might lose Ronnie Price this summer, wouldn't it be nice to send him off in style? Ballhype is holding a 'Best Posterizations of the NBA Season' bracket, and the finals are Ronnie over Boozer and Baron over AK.

We should win something this year, right?

You can vote here.

(And no, this is not a self-link.)

huh... did I miss something recently?

As far as the dunks go, I'd give an ever-so-slight edge to Ronnie Price. But considering that Baron's was in the heat of the playoffs, Baron gets the vote (but just barely).

Price's dunk was spectacular and nothing less. In fact, I think it somehow threatened Musselman, who had an Adelman/Wallace relationship with Price all season long. Can't figure that one out - except that Musselman wanted wins so bad that he was afraid to let the kids play. With Price, one mistake and you're out! With Garcia, two mistakes and you're out! With Miller, one quarter with no points and no rebounds and he's still in there! Go figure.

I don't know if Price can become a quality PG in the NBA, but I don't think he's had a fair chance yet to prove it one way or another. If GP holds onto him, I hope he gets that chance this year.

Couldn't disagree with you more...look at the area Ronnie jumped from, he nearly jumped OVER Boozer on the dunk and he's got 3 less inches. The explosiveness and distance of Ronnie's dunk was hands down superior to Baron's dunk from inside the paint. Whoodeedoo...I do that on Sundays routinely.

Baron jumped from INSIDE the semi-circle in the paint whereas Ronnie jumped from outside the key to finish off his dunk. Ronnie's was VASTLY superior.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Couldn't disagree with you more...look at the area Ronnie jumped from, he nearly jumped OVER Boozer on the dunk and he's got 3 less inches. The explosiveness and distance of Ronnie's dunk was hands down superior to Baron's dunk from inside the paint. Whoodeedoo...I do that on Sundays routinely.

Baron jumped from INSIDE the semi-circle in the paint whereas Ronnie jumped from outside the key to finish off his dunk. Ronnie's was VASTLY superior.
Ronnie's was an irrelevant play and he jumped over a guy who couldn't block me. That's the whoopdedoo. Baron's was quite possibly the most memorable single play in the entire playoffs, in somebody's face, which is always 1000x more impressive than dunking out in open space. Absorb contact and go right through a premier shotblocker. Even having the guts to try says loads.

Its like comparing Kevin's layup vs. the Spurs to something from a nobody in the middle of the regular season. Not comparable. One will be remembered, the other not.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I voted for Ronnie Price with no hesitation whatsoever. Baron Davis is a star. You expect him to step up and do the impossible in the playoffs. Ronnie Price, on the other hand, is a young player who rarely saw court time, and lit up Arco with an electricity I can hardly even describe (and yes, I was there to see it in person).

When someone like Ronnie is able to do something like that against someone like Carlos Boozer, he has to get the edge.

I voted for Ronnie Price with no hesitation whatsoever. Baron Davis is a star. You expect him to step up and do the impossible in the playoffs. Ronnie Price, on the other hand, is a young player who rarely saw court time, and lit up Arco with an electricity I can hardly even describe (and yes, I was there to see it in person).

When someone like Ronnie is able to do something like that against someone like Carlos Boozer, he has to get the edge.
Price's ability or prestige or not. the dunk he did was simply better. All the other stuff like underdog and electrifying the crowd is icing on the cake.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My comments were directly primarily at those who, like Bricklayer, felt the edge should go to Baron Davis because his dunk was more relevant.

:)

Unless you were in Arco that night, you simply cannot imagine how that dunk reverberated through the arena. It was simply unbelievable. They must have shown it a dozen times on the jumbotron and each time they did, the cheering got even louder. It was amazing - his dunk was incredible and the response it elicited was totally off the charts.