OFFICIAL 2007 Draft selection/discussion thread

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Atlanta... 5th forward picked in the last 4 years... I just caught a gimpse of Noah in that hideous hideous suit... Please don't let him reach us... I just would die if we drafted Noah...
It would be the first 1st rounder that Petrie ever drafted that couldn't shoot a lick. I'll believe it when I see it.

WOW! Big shock! Now Charlotte has to take Noah, and the Bulls still look to take Hawes. Chances are very good B.Wright falls to us, now lets hope Petrie takes him.

This is a dangerous pick for us. What will MJ do?! I think he won't draft Hawes! He might go for Noah or Brandan Wright!

I have a feeling Hawes will be our pick!

If we do draft hawes, what is the plan there- we obviously aren't trading Brad. So would the plan be to sit Hawes behind Brad for three years? That is the one reason I think Geoff might pass on Hawes if he is there

On another note, I don't know why people are criticizing Boston -- that's a GREAT deal, in my opinion. They get a nucleus of Ray Allen/Paul Pierce/Al Jefferson and they didn't even have to give up Theo Ratliff's expiring. Ray Allen is much better than what they could have done with the #5, at least in the next couple of years.