Artest retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HipHopGame.com has learned that Sacramento Kings Forward Ron Artest is considering retiring from the NBA at the end of the 2006-07 season. Ron told Editor Brian Kayser that he is considering stepping away from basketball to spend more time with his family.

Ron also insisted that his possible retirement will not affect his current play for the Kings. The Sacramento Kings are currently 3.5 games behind the Los Angeles Clippers for the eighth playoff spot.

Reported by Brian Kayser for HipHopGame.com

take it for what its worth...
[/FONT]

Ramblings? what Ramblings?.... until Ron learns how to play this game without causing a problem then i will stop the rambling as you put it. when we traded for Ron i had all the faith that Ron would be a changed man because usally a change scenery for a player means he will change for the better but nope.

I think Artest's too much of a competitor to retire, but if he did, I don't think he'd be able to stay away for long. I think we'd see him on the FA market as soon as he was allowed, looking to join a team which wasn't a complete mess.

I think Artest's too much of a competitor to retire, but if he did, I don't think he'd be able to stay away for long. I think we'd see him on the FA market as soon as he was allowed, looking to join a team which wasn't a complete mess.
Yeah,

He's way to much a competitor and really wishes he had more then 1/2 a brain to work with and control his anger and stupidity. The offseason which is rapidly upon us in Kingsland should be able to sort out the family situation, at least for a little while.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Ramblings? what Ramblings?....​
You believe some no-name "source" because it is your opinion that Ron "needs more time off"?

How do those even come close to being pertinent to each other? I mean - how many times are you going to jump off that cliff? Just, wow. :eek:

Warhawk said:
You believe some no-name "source" because it is your opinion that Ron "needs more time off"?

How do those even come close to being pertinent to each other? I mean - how many times are you going to jump off that cliff? Just, wow.
I believe it because Ron is associated with the Hip Hop game. and it wouldn't be surprising because Ron is a mess right now and he needs to use a broom to clean it up somehow.

Yeah yeah yeah... And T-Mac said he was gonna retire too... There's no way he retires.

TMac said he might retire in a few years, not now. But this is Ron Artest. If he actually did say it then I could believe it, we just got to see how he responds to this story and how far it goes and if he acually said it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He's made statements like this in the past I believe. Also of course was going to drop it all to pursue rap. Its just all part of the same twitchy package. Of course reinforcing the notion that we shuld maybe cut ties with him this summer before one of these things hits critical, but also of course further damaging his trade value, and maybe, if Ron was a brighter beast, even functioning as a de facto no trade clause allowing him to veto anyplace he didn't want to go.

Anyway, I don't really believe it, but ont he other hand it just underscores what an odd and unpredictable beastie we are dealing with.

I believe he said it, and that at the time he said it he meant it. Ron has no internal filter, and means 100% of his statements at the time that he makes them. Now that Isaih has his extension I think we will see Artest shipped to the Knicks in the off-season. Here's hoping we get David Lee out of it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This could very easily be true - as of this moment. As a couple of others have said, Artest isn't duplicitous when he speaks. In fact, it's part of his problem. He too often says exactly what's on his mind.

If - and we're all simply speculating here - some of his domestic problems are because of all the traveling, etc. he has to do as part of his job and if he's trying to put his family first, he might well decide to hang up his sneakers. Another consideration just might be the problems he's having with his back and other physical ailments.

If he decides to retire at the end of this season to put his family first, I wish him all the luck in the world.

man this whackjob needs to go.. i'm really fed up w/ his crap. for all his talents, i really can't stand the extra baggage that comes along w/ it.every time he opens his trap, he further deteriorates his trade value. :rolleyes:

I believe he said it, and that at the time he said it he meant it. Ron has no internal filter, and means 100% of his statements at the time that he makes them. Now that Isaih has his extension I think we will see Artest shipped to the Knicks in the off-season. Here's hoping we get David Lee out of it.
i'd like a future 1st round NY pick along with it. i'm sure they will suck enough to give us a decent pick.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
man this whackjob needs to go.. i'm really fed up w/ his crap. for all his talents, i really can't stand the extra baggage that comes along w/ it.every time he opens his trap, he further deteriorates his trade value. :rolleyes:
Reality check.

We're talking about a game; entertainment.

Ron Artest, with all his problems, may well be considering retiring from the game to try and keep his family together.

It's about his life, not his trade value.

i believe hiphopgame.com 100%, they're one of the top hip hop websites on the internet and have been around for years, they've always been a reliable source, besides ron writes a journal there so why would they make it up?

Well if he's truly serious about it then God bless, but I don't believe he's serious. I think he's just saying whatever goes through his head like he always does.

Its probably true, if so im all for it, i hope he and his family can make things better, this man obviously has a lot of problems but for the most part seems like a good guy, i wish him the best if he does in fact retire.

Reality check.

We're talking about a game; entertainment.

Ron Artest, with all his problems, may well be considering retiring from the game to try and keep his family together.

It's about his life, not his trade value.
Well if he's serious about it then whatever, but if he's not and he's just saying this on a whim without any consideration for the kings then I'd say that's a real jerk thing to do.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well if he's serious about it then whatever, but if he's not and he's just saying this on a whim without any consideration for the kings then I'd say that's a real jerk thing to do.
Oh, you cannot be serious.

So it's a jerk thing to do if a player considers retiring to try and save his family but it's okay for a team to trade a player out of nowhere, totally disrupting his family, etc?

Both acts are part of the business and if Ron Artest decides to retire, I'm pretty sure the organization will totally understand. It's the same as them expecting a player and his family to understand when he's suddenly picked up and moved across the country.

Consideration for the Kings? That's just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.