Wolves @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
diem perdidi
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On March 21st 2002 Kings abused Nuggets at ARCO 118-82 ti improve to 49-18 for the season. 2002 was a great year. This particular game was a career game for Hedo Turkoglu who took advantage of Pedja's injury and dominated the game. I also looked at the Nuggets roster and I still don't understand how that team was able to win a game - any game. Back then - when a bad team showed up at ARCO - there was no mercy. Kings shot better than 57% and were better in every category. Even Chucky Brown blocked 3 shots:eek:. Hedo lead Kings with 31/9/10, Webber had 20/6/5/2, Bibby had 11/1/2/2, DC hag 11/3/3/1, and Vlade had 7/10/7/4st.Bench had lot of playing time and took advantage of it. Bobby had 17/3/1/1/2bl and GW had 10/1.

The Sacramento Kings keep inching closer to securing home-court advantage in the playoffs, which is bad news for the rest of the Western Conference. Hedo Turkoglu recorded career highs with 31 points and 10 assists and Chris Webber scored 20 points as the Kings rolled to a 118-82 rout of the lowly Denver Nuggets. Sacramento has an NBA-best 32-3 home record and had no trouble disposing of Denver, which has lost 11 straight visits to Arco Arena since January 1, 1997. The Kings maintained a two-game lead over the second-place Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference.Turkoglu made 12-of-15 shots from the floor, including 3-of-5 3-pointers, and 4-of-5 free throws to eclipse his previous career best by seven points.Turkoglu, who started because All-Star guard Peja Stojakovic is sidelined with a hamstring injury, led six players in double figures as Sacramento shot 57 percent (43-of-75) from the field.

"Everybody always tried to compare Peja and I, but we are two different players," Turkoglu said. "He is a good scorer, and today I really tried to do the same thing. I try to do the same thing as a starter I do coming off the bench. Peja was missing, so I had to step it up."

"I am pleased with the way the game went. I was a little concerned with how many people we were going to have left," Sacramento coach Rick Adelman said. " I think Doug is going to be OK. We have no idea if (Stojakovic) is going to play. All I know is we're not going to push him. We can't afford to lose him for an extended period of time."

---------------------------------------------------------------
So Kings finished the long East coast trip in Atlanta with yet another humiliation which makes me feel sorry for the Magic. The trip went 1-4 and that should take care of the PO hopes. Kings are 29-38 which is 11th in the West with 2.5 games away from the 8th spot. Additionally, Kings have the 10th worst record in the NBA and we should keep working on it because with a little luck and our god given talent to suck - we should be able to improve in that category even to get into top 5.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Games left in March where Kings are already 4-6. After a back to back sequence with Wolves and @ Suns, Kings have 3 days off before facing Suns on national TV and then 4 days off before facing Clippers on national TV also.. Perfect opportunity to go 0-4 which would be good enough to at least the 8th worst record. Losing to Wolves tomorrow would put them ahead of us already. We don't need to try hard to lose to Suns. We do have to try hard to avoid an embarrassment. Losing to Clippers might be hard but they need wins for the PO spot and we really don't. Only thing that worries me are those days off which is the only way that Kings can make up ground by other teams losing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
22nd of March is 2 days away. If I am not mistaking - that is the day that Ron has to go to court and whatever happens after that is a big unknown. Ron seems to be confident that things will work out fine considering that he in another moment of delusional insanity still believes that Kings will get to the 8th seed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more people in the Kings organization that think the same way Ron does. All of them should be "shot." Is there a sane person in that organization left ? Is it really hard for them to see what we are seeing for a while now ? Who is in charge anyways ? Id Petrie just a puppet these days ? The hamster is gone and the wheel is empty.
Leadership - something else You can't just buy or make or invent. And something else Kings don't have. And as always - the fish always stinks from the head down. Let's see. The owners behave like clowns most of the times, the GM seems to be turning into a puppet. The coach is a joke. He couldn't lead anyone to the sand in the desert.The team is full with natural born losers. Mike Bibby was a loser until he came to the Kings and now that all the other guys are gone - he is back to being a loser. Ron Artest is a loser in many many aspects. SAR - ditto. Brad - see Mike. Corliss is the only one that could be a role model for the "kids" but his influence on the team is as big as the role on the court. And no - I have not forgoten KT. I just didn't want to be redundant - as sir Charles likes to say.
Since there are still 15 games left but they mean nothing if we win - we should be planing for the next season even though it seems like "planing" is a very foreign concept to the Kings these days. whatever plans we have - they shouldn't involve Bibby, Artest, Miller, SAR and KT. Now - I understand that getting rid of all of them might be a too tall of an order but we just have to try. We always used mo make fun of Knicks for collecting bad contracts. Just look at those 5 and You will realize that one way or the other - we are the "Knicks" - with the difference that they have an uoside with all the young talent. We on the other hand can pretty soon relocate to Florida and open a retirement/geriatric home for washed up has bee/never was type of players.
Coach's corner today is sponsored by

Muss obviously wasn't happy with the first half last night so he increased the kool aid dosage causing us to explode for 8 points in the 3rd quarter. Why does he still have a job ? I didn't watch the game but I read the game thread mostly because I love and appreciate quality sarcasm - guess Muss didn't do such a good job overall even though we did keep Hawks under 100 points. Pathetic.
We lost to the Hawks who didn't even have or need Joe Johnson. You can substitute the word "lost" to anything that You like and You won't be harsh enough. We got killed in every category. Scored total of 76 points and 8 in the 3rd quarter. It was probably disturbing, sad, ironic and surreal at the same time. I was smart/lucky enough not to watch it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM award was a close call because many Hawks players did well and all of them are eligible. Josh Smith won it. His line was 9/12/10/3/3. Zaza didn't get it because he missed a shot. Childress, Williams and Stoudamire were also in the mix.

LW-VC award went to Johnson/Lue because they were way below the curve

JH-KT award went to SAR, Bibby and Brad where Mike Bibby is getting close to either get his own award or at least get his initials into one of the other awards.

Muss - DNC - DKH (DKH - doesn't know how)
Wolves are next (I don't care either). They are in the virtual tie with us for the position of "stink to the high heaven" They need to win so we can improve the draft position. Since they also suck - they might not. This would actually be a "big" game for both teams if it would matter. Wolves are also delusional about their PO hopes. They are 9-24 on the road and it is a golden opportunity to go into double digits. Does anyone really feel like watching this game ?
Mike - loser
Ron - loser
Brad - injured loser
Kevin - needs to get the hell away from that company
SAR - loser maximus
--------------------------------------------------------------
rest - mateen
-------------------------------------------------------------
Muss - kool aid flavor of the night - cyanide
------------------------------------------------------------
Wolves are desperate for a road win or any kind of win for that matter. They can't finish games which makes 2 of us. KG will not be guarded and will have a monster game. Neither will Marc Blount. Ricky Davis will either suck or have a great night. Foye will win the TDM award. LW-VC will go to a Kings guard. Other awards imminent. You have got to find a courage to rout for the Wolves this time. For the sake of all of us. Let the "woss" be theirs !
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
another butt whippin. the wolves actually have a true all-star in KG. they suck, but we dont have anyone that will stop him. unless we shoot a high percentage i expect the kings to get pounded early. the chances of a back to back 20 point loss isn't likely; so im gona go with a 15 point loss tonight.

piksi

Hall of Famer
another butt whippin. the wolves actually have a true all-star in KG. they suck, but we dont have anyone that will stop him. unless we shoot a high percentage i expect the kings to get pounded early. the chances of a back to back 20 point loss isn't likely; so im gona go with a 15 point loss tonight.
tomorrow night

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't be surprised if, in the ultimate of ironies, the Kings actually manage to win against the Timberwolves. Why? Because it's been that kind of a year...

Well, you never know. Considering how the Kings have been playing lately, they might notice that KG has a hangnail and keep him out of the game. There's no bunch of scrubs that can't beat us when their star player is missing.

just got done watching the wolves and suns game. the suns won the pacific for the third year in a row tonight. anyway at the end of the game they said join us thursday as the suns take on kevin martin and the sacramento kings. just thought that was weird cause they usually say ron artest or mike bibby and the kings.

I don't think that they are losers.:eek: Well, maybe I think that about 1 of them, but not all. It's just been a bad year all around and can't end soon enough.

"Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it."

Maybe we can change that to "Next season is fresh, with no mistakes in it." We will begin again. I hoping that we do it right, because this season just makes me sad.

just got done watching the wolves and suns game. the suns won the pacific for the third year in a row tonight. anyway at the end of the game they said join us thursday as the suns take on kevin martin and the sacramento kings. just thought that was weird cause they usually say ron artest or mike bibby and the kings.

I think a lot of teams aren't worried about Mike/Ron any more. Ron is a ball movement killer and Mike has just been off this whole year. Teams only worry about Kevin IMO. The more Ron shoots/scores the better it is for them.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Other than draft implications, I think the most interesting thing about this matchup is the fact that both teams find themselves in the same situation - no man's land. Minni can't come to terms with trading Garnet. They just keep procrastinating, delaying the inevitable day when either they will trade him or retire him. They have a lousy bunch of players around Garnet and no chance to find themselves in a championship run while Garnet can still play. Garnet is too old to build a team around at this point, but their management can't pull the trigger to get on with rebuilding. So they just keep spinning their wheels, going nowhere.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Very interesting. I think they are voicing what some have already said: Kevin Martin IS the Core of the Sacramento Kings.

any predictions ?
I think this one may be pretty close. Minnesota wore themselves out losing to the Suns last night (which let them slip past us into the #9 draft position), and the last road game they won was around Thanksgiving. If their star player were out, we'd be guaranteed to lose, but that's not the case tonight. We may have met our match. If they can play even worse than us tonight, it will go a long way towards firming up their draft position.

I do hope that they give Justin some minutes tonight. I'm sure that the impossible task of guarding KG would be a great learning experience for him. But I'd settle for having him dunk on Madsen, who is one of those ex-Lakers that I will just never be able to stand.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I do hope that they give Justin some minutes tonight. I'm sure that the impossible task of guarding KG would be a great learning experience for him. But I'd settle for having him dunk on Madsen, who is one of those ex-Lakers that I will just never be able to stand.
out of curiosity - which one of them doesn't fall in this category ?

Status
Not open for further replies.