Pick Your Coach & Expected Winning %

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd like to know, if you could have been granted your wish to hire your favorite coach (Riley, Jackson, Whomever) at the beginning of this year to coach the Kings, what do you think would be the winning percentage of the Kings as of today?

First this team needs to find its identity. Either get rid of Muss and hire an offense coach that can use Bibby, Martin and Miller to their advantage. On the flipside trade bibby and miller, keep Muss and draft a big man and sign a pg in free agency.

Just enjoy the rest of the season. GO KINGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>;)

I'd have hired Adelman, but sent him to Vegas for a while to patch things up with the Maloofs first. Then sent him on a year's sabbatical -- go spend some time on the French Riviera or whatever suits his fancy.

Meanwhile, we would get Carrot Top as acting head coach on a 1-year contract. We wind up with a .200 record, fix our roster, then tar and feather him and run him out of town on a rail.

Adelman comes back, hangs out with the Maloofs a little more, and picks up where he left off, refreshed and welcomed by everyone.

Avery Johnson is my favorite coach. Interesting, you think we'd be 6th in the West.
i'll say this for the hundredth time. if you compare the 5 starters of the Mavs and the Kings, all playing their absolute best, which starting 5 would you rather have? IMO the only player from the Mavs starting 5 i'd choose is Dirk. but, with Avery Johnson at the helm the Mavs have dismantled every team in the league. with the way they're playing, they can get 70 wins.

imagine if we had the Little General. dude one COY and went to the Finals in his first full year as head coach.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
i'll say this for the hundredth time. if you compare the 5 starters of the Mavs and the Kings, all playing their absolute best, which starting 5 would you rather have? IMO the only player from the Mavs starting 5 i'd choose is Dirk. but, with Avery Johnson at the helm the Mavs have dismantled every team in the league. with the way they're playing, they can get 70 wins.

imagine if we had the Little General. dude one COY and went to the Finals in his first full year as head coach.
I agree with you about Avery Johnson, but not on the Kings-Mavericks talent comparison. I think the Mavs have much more talent than the Kings.

I'd have hired Adelman, but sent him to Vegas for a while to patch things up with the Maloofs first. Then sent him on a year's sabbatical -- go spend some time on the French Riviera or whatever suits his fancy.

Meanwhile, we would get Carrot Top as acting head coach on a 1-year contract. We wind up with a .200 record, fix our roster, then tar and feather him and run him out of town on a rail.

Adelman comes back, hangs out with the Maloofs a little more, and picks up where he left off, refreshed and welcomed by everyone.
That's the funniest thing I've heard in days!!:D

dear g-d. there's more to a team than the names down on paper.

hindsight is 20/20, if this would have been realistically possible, I think it would have been best.