Kings @ Raptors Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
6 and counting
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 17th 2001 Kings beat Celtics @ ARCO 111-106 to mprove to 26-10 for the season. Kings had to fight hard to overcome the 47 pts performance by Walker. It helped that Kings shot 56% and had 36 assists on 44 FGs. Webber lead Kings with 30/9/4/2st/5bl, Pedja had 26/6/3/2st, JWill had 17/4/8/3st, JB had 13/1/4 and Vlade had 12/11/7/1st/3bl. Bench did not do much in this game.

With Boston Celtics forward Antoine Walker hitting a franchise-record nine 3-pointers, the Sacramento Kings used their best shooting performance of the season for a 111-106 victory. Chris Webber had 30 points and nine rebounds and Peja Stojakovic scored nine of his 26 points in the fourth quarter as the Kings shot a season-high 56 percent (44-of-79) and won for the fifth time in six games. Vlade Divac, who had 12 points and 11 rebounds, gave the Kings a 103-101 lead when he took a pass from Jason Williams and hit a layup. Williams then stole a pass from Bryant Stith and dribbled to the left corner, where he hit a 15-footer for a 105-101 lead with 1:55 to go. Walker hit a layup with 1:45 remaining, but Stojakovic answered with a jumper from left wing 12 seconds later for a 107-103 lead. Walker followed by hittting his ninth 3-pointer of the game, breaking Dee Brown's team record and pulling Boston within 107-106.Stojakovic, who made just 3-of-10 shots in the first half, again answered by hitting an 18-footer from the left wing with 64 seconds left.

"I thought I wasn't particularly aggressive in the first half," Stojakovic said. "I just decided to be more aggressive offensively and that's what I did."

"In no way should we think we can turn it on and off," Webber said. "This game really shouldn't have been as close as it was. We should be happy that we got the win, but not happy about the way we played."
---------------------------------------------------------------

After almost winning yet another game Kings increased their losing streak to six consecutive games and we are currently sitting on 14-21 which is still 9th worst in the league but with so many road games coming up - we will improve at least into the top 5. We are only 1/2 games ahead of Hornets and we unlike them have no valid excuses. At this moment we might not be able to catch the Grizzlies, Sixers and Bobcats but anything else after that is posibble. If You want to see Kings in the Playoffs - just do what I do - put the tape in the VCR or for younger people - put the disc in the DVD player.
It becomes obvious to me that I owe Muss an appology. I was wrong. He is the perfect coach for the Kings at this stage. There is no one else who coulld get us where we need to be as well as he does. It is almost perfect - surreal. We need a high draft pick but we don't want to tank too obvious. We need a team that plays hard but lose as much as possible. Muss is a hall of famer in almost winning. In this season - he has almost won as many games as RA in previous 8 years. No one can accuse us of tanking. We lose unintentionally while playing hard. Obviously Muss expertize will expire after this season and then we will need a coach who knows how to win and more importantly who knows who to develop youne players.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are not tanking. Kings are playing hard every game. We are just not any good. We have Mo Taylor starting as a center right now. He is by far the worst starting center in the NBA. We have no bench, we play no defense, our coach can't draw a decent play in the crunch time, we can't rebbound, we always go away from the hot hand. We misst FTs, we find the way to lose etc. However we do have great practices;) . Ofcourse we do - we play each other.
Playing time - something those young kids need to develop. They need to make mistakes now where they wouldn't cost as much as they might down the road. This is perfect time to find out what we consistantly could get from Price, Garcia, Williams. There is no need to play Taylor or Thomas anymore. We are just wasting a lot of time here. How can You even expect to be any good if You start a washed up undersized power forward the=at got cut by the Knicks as Your center ? This isn't really a rocket science. Hell, this isn't even an elementary school level of thinking
------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just can't win a close game which sucks especially because we are playing bunch of those lately. Sure - bad teams find a way to lose but we are currently defying the theory of big numbers. Whether it is missing free throws, turning the ball over, taking bad shots or just not defending - it is extremely poor execution. Maybe it is time for us to do something. How about a fund raiser to collect money to buy Muss a "paint by the numbers" booklet because whatever he is drawing on the board just ain't working.
Losing to the Knicks isn't really a news for the Kings these days. It is more surprising that we did well in the 3rd quarter to stay close. We could have even won it but we just weren't good enough. Basically we couldn't guard Curry, Couldn't get a rebound and played pathetic last 90 seconds. In a game between 2 horrible teams which were looking for a way to lose - Kings yet again prevailed.
AWARD TIME

Lee & Frye will share the TDM award. Hard to say which one hurt us more.
LW-VC award went to Ron & Mike because it is hard to tell which one was more pathetic
JHA went to Kenny Thomas who yet again wasted the 11 minutes which he didn't deserve in the first place
Raptors are playing well as of late especially at home and since Bosh returned. Their front line is too tall. They have a bunch of young players with a bright future. We are going there with zero expectations. We sure could use Brad because we might get killed by Rasho of all people. All in all - probably another almost win.
Mike - currently buildng another house since he made enough bricks for it.
Ron - even Jordsn wouldn't have been insane enough to try Ron's shot selection
Brad - hope he will be okay and back soon
SAR - better
Kevin - the best King by far
Williams - kid is hungry. He has motiavtion to play - will he get the
opportunity
Corliss - no every day is Saturday
rest - useless
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muss - bring us home - coach
Raptors are walking TDM allstar team. Bosh is back and that is bad news. Ford might have a field day because he won't be defended. The TDM will go to Bargnani. The LW-VC award will stay the propery of the Kings. JHA award is also very probable. When it is all said and done the streak will go yo 7.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
i'm going to this game..i'm not sure if im looking forward to it as much as past years... the raptors are playing well as of late and the kings not so much.. i met geoff last year and congradulated him on the ron artest trade.. i have no idea what to say to him this year:cool:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think this is the first time I've had to go to the second page of threads to find the current game discussion.

GO KINGS!!!

i'm going to this game..i'm not sure if im looking forward to it as much as past years... the raptors are playing well as of late and the kings not so much.. i met geoff last year and congradulated him on the ron artest trade.. i have no idea what to say to him this year:cool:

how about asking when the trade happens? :p :eek: ;)

Tell him how great it would be to get Oden or Durant next.

Last edited:
Go Kings!?

I still want us to win.:)

Piksi, thanks for still doing the game threads. I know it's sick, but as much as it hurts me to read it, I still look forward to it.

piksi

Hall of Famer
If this is the best team in the Titanic division then NBA should just cancel it. At least we are the worst in the Pacific

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
n00b question:

what do each of the awards stand for?
TDM - Tony Delk Memorial - the guy who comes off their bench and torches us

LW-VC - Luke Walton Vacuum Cleaner - the guy on their team who sucks most badly.

JHA - Jason Hart Award - the guy on OUR team who sucks the most badly.

I like the fact that Sar is keeping up with bosh tonight. And does anybody think that bosh is going to be the next Sar? If you look at their careers and stats there oddly similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.