You know things are bad when...

DaMan said:
You know we suck when Corliss is a bright spot. (and please no one take that he wrong way)
I actually noted that after we lost to the Blazers. Corliss has been our best front-court player for a while and that automatically means you have a bad team.

Shareef Doesn't fit well on this team.. he is a LOW POST SCORER... NOT AN OUTSIDE THREAT but an INSIDE SCORER.
All i know is, if he signed with the NETS, he'll be doing FINE.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Shareef Doesn't fit well on this team.. he is a LOW POST SCORER... NOT AN OUTSIDE THREAT but an INSIDE SCORER.
All i know is, if he signed with the NETS, he'll be doing FINE.

I'm really sure that the Nets would have slowed down their fast-break attack to accomodate Abdur-Rahim's low-post game...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well if they want THE W theyve got to do wateva it takes.
It seems clear that you don't need "THE W" to win the Atlantic Division; all it takes is slightly fewer of "THE L'S," as in LOLZ0RSCAPSLOCKOMGWTF11111~!

Besides, it's not like they were winning anything of consequence, with or without Abdur-Rahim.

The players need the ball too much to be of any use. Shareef has to have the ball down low, Artest has to have the ball low or triple threat, Bibby has to have the ball in a pick and pop, Brad has to have it on the high post, Salmons have to have it in the Scottie Pippen play that Phil Jackson uses with Odom. When these players have the ball in these situation everyone just stands there and watch. The only bright spot is that Martin can get some baskets without having run a play and Thomas hustle for some rebounds. The Kings do not have an offensive scheme, just one on one sweet spots.

when Grant say's the fans are getting their entertainment money's worth just watching LeBron.
When he said that, I thought "YOU HAVE NO FREAKIN' IDEA WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A KINGS FAN!!"

No, I was NOT entertained watching LeBron make shot after shot after shot against us. I was TICKED OFF!!

If I loved watching LeBron, I'd be a freakin' CAVS FAN!

There was a time, back when the team sucked, that we'd look at the opponent to see if we wanted to go to a game. "Is Jordon coming?"

So saying I'm supposed to somehow ENJOY watching LeBron now means the team is back to sucking and I have to decide to come to a game based on who the opponent is?!?!?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
At least when I went to a Blazers game last season to see LeBron the stinkin' Blazers won.

Oh yeah, they beat us too.

I have realized this must be all my fault, since this is the first year I was able to get NBA LP. Obviously this is all Karma stemming from when My Dad and I went to Arco for the Draft in 1989 and he predicted we would draft Pervis Ellison. We even talked to the Kings beat reporter about it afterward (I think it was R.E. Graswich at the time but that was a long time ago) and my Dad got his name in the Bee.

So to ensure we get Oden, I will make sure to watch every game from now on. 0-50 from now on.:D

So, what next?

Trades? Those only work out when you trade away something of value. I can't think of more than 2-3 players with value on this team, and it's almost certain they'd get less back in return than they sent.

I mean, Bibby for... What?

Fire Musselman? That's the last thing the Maloofs will allow. And yet, he won't be in Sac after June 2008. That, my friends, will NOT happen. I get the same feeling from the Kings right now that I got from the Warriors after the Webber debacle: They're just hiring coaches to fire 'em now.

I am flat out of answers for this team now. They're on pace to win about 35, max, and even if they "turned it around" and got the 8th spot (and this is very possible), WHAT FOR? So they can play, say, the Suns? Sure, that's worth $90/game to watch. Not.

So you know things are bad when... They are just flat out of answers. Ask 'em a question, you get back, "I dunno." It was time last year for Adelman to go, and they hired the wrong guy to replace him. Next up: Petrie. That's a no-brainer; he'll be gone before Christmas 2007.

And the Maloofs get to decide on his replacement.

D'oh.

I'll be shocked out of my curly-headed gourd if this has bottomed-out. No, I think this needs to get all the way to a 23 win season before it bottoms out, and that may come sooner than you think.

When he said that, I thought "YOU HAVE NO FREAKIN' IDEA WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A KINGS FAN!!"

No, I was NOT entertained watching LeBron make shot after shot after shot against us. I was TICKED OFF!!

Why is that? I do enjoy watching LeBron play, and I am most definately not a Cavs fan.

That's what I was thinking when he said that.

Why is that? I do enjoy watching LeBron play, and I am most definately not a Cavs fan.
Because I'm not a dispassionate fan who's a "fan of the game" first.

I'm a Kings fan. I want to beat down every player we face. I hate it when some guy goes off on a career high on us. I do NOT enjoy watching that.

I don't see how, while being ticked off my team is losing, I could at the same time go "Oh, but isn't it wonderful watching LeBron make 4 threes in a row. What a great thing to watch."

NO!

I love watching the King James highlight reel, but not when its against us, yea sure the fans were probably amazed, but far from happy.
Exactly. There was a LOT of oooohing and aaaawing going on in that third quarter, and not just from the fans. Looked like the players were enjoying it, too.

Once the pain of this loss has worn off, fans may look back at that performance and ooooh and aaaaw all over again, because that was awesome. Someone gets on a roll like that, there just ain't no stoppin' him. We've seen Jordan do it, we've seen Magic do it, we've seen Kareem do it, heck, we've even seen Rick Barry do it. Players get on rolls like that, and even the opposing team starts rooting.

That three from WAY beyond the top of the circle... Kings did everything right on that defensive stand. I wouldn't have changed a thing. The fact that LeBron had it 27 feet from the basket with the clock running down indicates that Cavs couldn't get it inside, and really, they couldn't.

Nothin' but net.

Amazing.

^^^

Agree. I was there. And yes, it was amazing. I am a Kings fan AND a basketball fan, so I appreciate talent in the league and enjoy seeing it. Of course I want Kings W's, but an L does not diminsh appreciation for talent like that.

A side note... there were indeed choruses of boos at the end of the 3rd quarter and a couple of other times.

Because I'm not a dispassionate fan who's a "fan of the game" first.

I'm a Kings fan. I want to beat down every player we face. I hate it when some guy goes off on a career high on us. I do NOT enjoy watching that.

I don't see how, while being ticked off my team is losing, I could at the same time go "Oh, but isn't it wonderful watching LeBron make 4 threes in a row. What a great thing to watch."

NO!

That's the spirit. I agree 150%. Just because LeBron is a talented young player who I might enjoy watching every now and then doesn't mean I have to be entertained by seeing him completely dismantle my team. In fact it made me quite mad, Grant's acting like "oh well the loss is okay as long as we get lit up 30+ by some good player every night". Losing is bad, and I don't care if someone scores 101 breaking Wilt's record, that's not a performance I'd enjoy it's one I'd be extremely angry about. What makes me happy is seeing the other team's star player fail while our team gets the W(and that is very rare these days).

That's the spirit. I agree 150%. Just because LeBron is a talented young player who I might enjoy watching every now and then doesn't mean I have to be entertained by seeing him completely dismantle my team. In fact it made me quite mad, Grant's acting like "oh well the loss is okay as long as we get lit up 30+ by some good player every night". Losing is bad, and I don't care if someone scores 101 breaking Wilt's record, that's not a performance I'd enjoy it's one I'd be extremely angry about. What makes me happy is seeing the other team's star player fail while our team gets the W(and that is very rare these days).
I'd be more than happy to watch LeBron lite it up against the Lakers...:D

Then, I'm sure I'd have full appreciation of the boy's talent.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
However given that we lose all the time anyway, I'd much rather lose at the hands of a great one being great than a scrub who's eyes light up upon seeing us. 20 years from now we'll be swapping stories about when King James did this or did that, not when Milt Palacio lit us up for 20. SO thanks for the oohs LeBron. Would rather we won, but if we lost, at least there was somethng to talk about afterward.

And of course that is precisely why that games against the Cavs sell far more tickets than games against the Blazers. Blazers = better chance to win. But people want to go and see the greatness of the guy on the other team more than the guaranteed victory over a bunch of nobodies.

However given that we lose all the time anyway, I'd much rather lose at the hands of a great one being great than a scrub who's eyes light up upon seeing us. 20 years from now we'll be swapping stories about when King James did this or did that, not when Milt Palacio lit us up for 20. SO thanks for the oohs LeBron. Would rather we won, but if we lost, at least there was somethng to talk about afterward.

And of course that is precisely why that games against the Cavs sell far more tickets than games against the Blazers. Blazers = better chance to win. But people want to go and see the greatness of the guy on the other team more than the guaranteed victory over a bunch of nobodies.
That's true, however, it's not my thing.

There are a lot of people in Sacramento who like basketball, not all of them are Kings fans.

Witness the number of Laker fans that buy tickets to see the Lakers and wear their jerseys... gosh I hate that.

Lots of non-Kings fans here in the area.

Lots of Warriors fans, Knicks fans, Bulls fans. I know a bunch of them.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I am in complete and total agreement!!!