Most Not So Obvious Memorable Kings Moments

That's the one I was going to post. I was at the 76ers game.

The Kings had a 4 game homestand and pretty much blew everyone away.

Kings 118 - 102 Boston
Kings 139 - 81 Dallas
Kings 154 - 98 Philly
Kings 126 - 106 Denver
holy crap 154-98 thats hella embarassing

The game in 1989 against the Warriors when the Kings set a THEN NBA record for most 3's in a game with 16. Ricky Berry was on fire and had 7. The Kings blew out the Warriors in that game, 142-117.

the triple OT win we had over Toronto where Peja scorched the Raps with a "hush up" 3!

Webb scoring 51 or 52 and had 26rebs in a loss to Indy at Arco.

DC13's block on a runaway fastbreak layup of Jason Kidd who was then with the Suns.

the 1st time I saw the Bibby Crab Dance against Dallas in the 2001 playoffs after hitting the game-winning layup when they were still wearing those cool black jerseys.

the triple OT loss to the Dallas at Arco thanks to Nash's 3 sending the game to a 3rd OT.

the laser pass of JWIll to COrliss under the basket after dribbling between his legs and Grant said something like, "Oh a pass! Jason Williams highlight reel....."

JWill breaking the ankles of Gary Payton in a game in Seattle where he pulled a hesitation skip then crossed over to bank the shot off the glass.

the Robert Horry 3 at the buzzer to beat us in Game4 of the WCF which still brings me to tears whenever i remember it....

the offenive foul(for me) of Kobe on Mike Bibby in Game6 of the WCF where he plowed his elbow right on Bib's nose. had it been called, could have been....could have been....

CWEbb missing the game-tying layup at pointblank against the Wolves in the playoffs in Minny where in the same game a few secs later DC13 stole the ball from Cassell by diving to the floor in between Sam's dribble. also in the same game was Webb missing the game-tying 3 at the buzzer where he crouched on the floor in all fours after.

DC13 clucking/slightly tapping Kobe's elbow while taking a potential game-tying 3 in Staples which wasn't called as a foul.

Bib shooting a 3 right in the face of Kobe fro the left wing in the WCF at ARCO.

Hedo filling in pretty well after Peja injured his ankle in Game 2 of the WCF. and Hedo getting his hair colored as per the advise of Scot Pollard.

CWEbb's 2 thunderous, in-ur-face dunks on Shawn Bradley. one straight up and the other in a reverse jam.

Webber throwing a tantrum running with the ball the full length of the court after a foul on him was called in the WCF against LA in Staples.

the 'Pow-Wow' they had in centre court after WEbb fouled out in a game in the WCF against LA in Staples.

Peja's 30-foot+ set shots where opponents would think he'd pass it then suddenly rises & shoots

DC13's laser passes to Peja right under the rim

Tag dancing in his undies during i think Fandemonium or something

Webb dancing in hi purple jersey with the Royal Court dancers in an episode of NBA Inside Stuff

BJack schooling Dirk in the playoffs with an array of moves and a barrage of points in the 4th Q.

Keon Clark game-winners 2x against Dallas.. with him shouting after the 2nd one "that's 2x mutha-f***a! 2x!" with his fingers up....

Gerald Wallace jam i think against the Hawks where he jumped over someone..

Go KINGS!

DC13's block on a runaway fastbreak layup of Jason Kidd who was then with the Suns.
and then he hustled upcourt on offense, was left wide open at the top and buried a huge three to help seal the game, while Kidd was under the basket dazed and complaining to the ref. That sequence had me so pumped up. One of the best blocks I've ever seen. He took two HUGE strides to catch up, the way I remember it Kidd was at the rim about to lift off for the lay-in and Christie was still at the free throw line. He made up a lot of ground in the blink of an eye.

I don't know if anybody else could remember this but there was this one time that J-Will was bringing the ball up the court. And with the shot clock no where close to 0 and some where around the half court line, he flings it at the rim were it just hits the backboard and bounces to the other team. I don't know if that was a shot, pass or some kind of fancy play he was trying to makeup lol. But when i saw that I was dumbfounded but grew much respect for the guy because you would not see other PGs do stuipd things like that do to response they may get from the coaches. He just wanted to make the game fun for the fans and his teammates.

Last edited:
This is fun!!!

J-Will faking Gary Payton out of his shoes for a layup in Seattle

Gerald Wallace blocking Shaq's dunk in the playoffs (forgot what year)

The first playoff win in Sacramento Kings history in Seattle to even the series 1-1

Mitch Richmond's jersey retirement ceremony :)

C-Webb's flagrant foul on John Stockton in the opening seconds of Game 2 of their playoff series in 99 to set the tone for the rest of the game after being blown out in game 1

C-Webb's flagrant foul on John Stockton in the opening seconds of Game 2 of their playoff series in 99 to set the tone for the rest of the game after being blown out in game 1

Yesss...I loved that foul!

Also I forget against who, but in 01-02 CWebb got called foul for doing like the longest "monkey-hang" after a dunk in NBA history!

John Stockton's last game at Arco, a playoff game they were losing, the standing ovation from the crowd as he left the game for the last time. Classy.

I remember a game in Chicago that had been a close game, DC dogged Jalen Rose up the court, stole the ball and dunked it, sealing the Kings win.

Mitch Richmond's last second turn around fade away 3 over Latrell Sprewell vs the Warriors back in the mid 90's that won them the game.
If that's the shot I'm thinking about, time was expiring and it was a prayer... off glass for the win!

Probably about '95 or '96 and the Kings went on like a 31-0 run to take the lead and beat the Sonics. I remember listening on my walkman(remember those???) just going holy crap I wish this game was on TV!!!

"the triple OT win we had over Toronto where Peja scorched the Raps with a "hush up" 3!"

--- that was amazing...

How about the home game Randy Brown raced Jordan and Ho Grant down the court after a long rebound and smashed a dunk on both of them? The next season, Brown played for the bulls.

All-Star break when Jim Les and Mitch got 2nd and 3rd place in the 3-point shootout, barely losing to Hodges.

Spud beating Olojuwon for the jump ball.

The Richmond/ Strickland shootouts of yesteryear.

Doug's 3 pointer that made it possible for Mike's gamewinner vs. Indiana in '04

Mike made a great play to win the game but Doug's three was unexpected and needed.
agreed that and mike's shot are one of my most memorable kings moments

vlade's crazy fake drive, then pass to Peja for the dub at Detroit earlier that year

couple years ago in San Antonio, I remember Peja got the ball a few feet out from the top of the key, Bruce Bowen was all over him, an he just rose up and swished the three. I remember the crowd giving out a huge suprised groan and Grant saying something like "Look at that Serbian Lay-up!!"

but most of all it has to be that game 3 years ago right after Brad Miller got hurt in the All-star game, and Chris Webber was serving his 8 game suspension, that we came into LA and Mike and Peja lit them up. I remember them combining for something like 7 three's in the first quarter alone. We ended up winning the game by 2, i remember Kobe missed a 3 to win it off a screen from shaq. It looked good too.

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
agreed that and mike's shot are one of my most memorable kings moments

also vlade's crazy fake drive, then pass to Peja for the dub at Detroit earlier that year

but most of all it has to be that game 3 years ago right after Brad Miller got hurt in the All-star game, and Chris Webber was serving his 8 game suspension, that we came into LA and Mike and Peja lit them up. I remember them combining for something like 7 three's in the first quarter alone. We ended up winning the game by 2, i remember Kobe missed a 3 to win it off a screen from shaq. It looked good too.
I have the tape of that game. I must have seen it 5 time at least

Pedja scored 37 and Mike 31. Pedja shot 7-11 from 3 and Mike was 5-10. When he hit the last 3 - it was crab dance time. Bobby didn't play either BTW

Did anyone mention that game in Phoenix where we were down 29 at half time and came back to win by something like 20 points?
:eek: That game was unreal. Webber had like 29 and 12 in the second half. They looked so dead walking into the lockerroom at the half and then came out running the offense to perfection from the opening minute of the 3rd quarter.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned the game back in 1988 against the Trailblazers that Jerry Reynolds fainted on the court. The funny thing was the ref actually called a technical foul on good ole' Jerry because they thought he was protesting the call by laying there.:D Anyways, I was at that game...was a really exciting ending, Harold Pressley hit a buzzer beater to win it...was one of the few highlights that season, in fact.

Last edited:
Probably about '95 or '96 and the Kings went on like a 31-0 run to take the lead and beat the Sonics. I remember listening on my walkman(remember those???) just going holy crap I wish this game was on TV!!!
I was at that game...it was pure bedlem at Arco! I definetely had no voice after that game.

Forget who we were playing maybe the Timberwolves but a few seconds left and we were up by maybe 1 and they were in a timeout drawing up a play, little did they know good ole C-Webb was nearby and heard the play, with a big smile he casually went back and told everyone what the play would be and when play resumed I believe the pass was stolen, that was funny stuff!

Forget who we were playing maybe the Timberwolves but a few seconds left and we were up by maybe 1 and they were in a timeout drawing up a play, little did they know good ole C-Webb was nearby and heard the play, with a big smile he casually went back and told everyone what the play would be and when play resumed I believe the pass was stolen, that was funny stuff!
Wow, thats great, i never heard that one, maybe thats what we need, we hire somebody to go listen to plays!

I think it was vs Houston during C-Webb's last year here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I remember that fondly. The best part was the camera caught the whole thing.

Good memories, fellow Kings fans, and I'm sure there will be more to come. We've hit a rough spot in the road but, even though I may rant and rave, I still have faith in the Sacramento Kings. They will survive!!!

;)