Kings @ Nuggets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kidding me, lol. We barely won the game for the simiple reason that half their starting line is gone and we only have proven to compete with bad teams, we really do suck.
You really cpud look at it differently......we were without our best player, we were playing a back to back on the road, the day was full of hectic travel, Denver was on an emotional high with the arrival of AI.

We had many reasons to lose this game.........but we didn't. :D

You really cpud look at it differently......we were without our best player, we were playing a back to back on the road, the day was full of hectic travel, Denver was on an emotional high with the arrival of AI.

I couldn't have said it better. Nice post. :)

This is true. Everyone's been complaining about how much we suck and we couldn't win, but now that we win, people are still not satisfied?

I'm definitely happy with this win. I know this win doesn't change anything -- we still suck, but at least we won!

Happy Holidays to all :D

piksi

Hall of Famer
This is true. Everyone's been complaining about how much we suck and we couldn't win, but now that we win, people are still not satisfied?

I'm definitely happy with this win. I know this win doesn't change anything -- we still suck, but at least we won!

Happy Holidays to all :D
You do realize that even if one of the 3 missing Nuggets played - we would have lost the game

I love the win but it really doesn't mean much. They had no game plan with or without AI, we almost lost to him and a bunch of scrubs, and they did't have 3 damm starters (4 counting martin). This game should be winnable with or without Artest, in my opinion they had even more reason to lose the game.

You do realize that even if one of the 3 missing Nuggets played - we would have lost the game
Yeah, but neither did and we won.

I said this doesn't change anything and we still sucked. My point is, I'm happy with this win. I'm happy we won again. Not complaining about whether or not Melo and others played.

I love the win but it really doesn't mean much. They had no game plan with or without AI, we almost lost to him and a bunch of scrubs, and they did't have 3 damm starters (4 counting martin). This game should be winnable with or without Artest, in my opinion they had even more reason to lose the game.
All true I suppose -

but let me just say, we are not going to the WCFs this year. In fact, W's may be few and far between, so when we do get a W, please savor it.

All true I suppose -

but let me just say, we are not going to the WCFs this year. In fact, W's may be few and far between, so when we do get a W, please savor it.
Hell yea I will enjoy it, I will go out and do some drinking in fact, lol. But one win against a very short handed team does not change what this team really is really is, just bad.

I'm completely with you here Piksi - it's great that we found a way to win but if we hadn't won, it would have been completely depresing considering they were missing their three best players.

Not much to get excited about in my opinion.

Could be worse.

We could be 76ers fans.

At least we beat Utah on the road.
Yeah, but at least the 76ers have the memories of an NBA title, not to mention the memories of one of the greatest players of all time in Dr. J. Not a bad legacy to drown your sorrows in. And at least A.I. has been to the Finals...which is alot more than most players/teams can say. What do we have? Um...0 titles(and I dont count the one from 1950-51 because I wasnt alive for it, and it was in Rochester not Sacramento)...no Conference titles, even. Quite a legacy...

I'm completely with you here Piksi - it's great that we found a way to win but if we hadn't won, it would have been completely depresing considering they were missing their three best players.

I don't think people are excited over this win. We're just happy we won. We have previously lost 9 of the last 11 games, so some of us choose to enjoy the win. I don't think anyone's saying we're good all of a sudden -- we're still pretty bad.

Anyway, we won; It doesn't really matter if people choose to enjoy the win, complain about it or are not satisfied about it. :)

I don't think people are excited over this win. We're just happy we won. We have previously lost 9 of the last 11 games, so some of us choose to enjoy the win. I don't think anyone's saying we're good all of a sudden -- we're still pretty bad.

Anyway, we won; It doesn't really matter if people choose to enjoy the win, complain about it or are not satisfied about it. :)
Ha - I don't know if I'm happy about it, or if I'm complaining about it - to me, this game is a carbon copy of our win over the hawks last week - as in major depression would insue if we didn't win it considering the players the nuggets were missing.

Salmons is reliable, he may be able to provide a little stability as we try to find the team.
He's streaky, but I think he's emotionally pretty stable, unlike some of our players.

After years of playing on a losing team and getting few touches, he's finally getting some minutes and some shots. Sure, it's still a losing team, but from his perspective, it's a situation to be thankful for.

And all the more so when he gets a triple double against AI.

piksi

Hall of Famer
He's streaky, but I think he's emotionally pretty stable, unlike some of our players.

After years of playing on a losing team and getting few touches, he's finally getting some minutes and some shots. Sure, it's still a losing team, but from his perspective, it's a situation to be thankful for.

And all the more so when he gets a triple double against AI.
thank god - he doesn't have to deal with that anymore

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I disagree - to a certain extent. When your team has been playing as poorly as the Kings, it's nice to see a W, even against a depleted team. The Nuggets were riding an emotional high with Iverson on the court for the first time, they had the benefit of a wildly excited home crowd and they really wanted that win.

And I'm sorry, but if the Kings hadn't won, considering the problems they had even getting to the game, it would have been totally understandable.

Sometimes people need to just kick back and enjoy the moment. The Kings won - it was a good game - and John Salmons had his first-ever career triple-double.

good game guys.

hopefully next time we put up a better fight with the rest of our players there. we were missing just too many weapons. and it was AIs first game in a month.

good luck the rest of the way (cept vs us).

HINT: If you're going to hang around a Kings board, you might want to develop a bit of a sense of humor.

;)

True that - our sense of humor is the only thing that has allowed Kings' fans to survive many, many horrible years. It's not like we can just change our focus to the Broncos or Avalance.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
True that - our sense of humor is the only thing that has allowed Kings' fans to survive many, many horrible years. It's not like we can just change our focus to the Broncos or Avalance.

Yes! All those years of sub-par basketball certainly helped to develop my sense of humor about the Kings. It was that or cry a lot.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.