Kings out of the picture for Iverson...

^^^ totally agree, and I just don't think that the kings had or offered what the sixers wanted. I think the sixers wanted a deal that incluced bibby, Martin, Vitaly and a pick for Iverson and Sam but i don't think the kings were willing to give up Martin or the pick.

Last edited:
this franchise is nuts. i wouldve handed over bibby and martin for iverson and sam with a fat kool-aid smile on my face. oh well, at least we still have mike.

this franchise is nuts. i wouldve handed over bibby and martin for iverson and sam with a fat kool-aid smile on my face. oh well, at least we still have mike.

Yeah..a possible digruntled Mike Bibby. I think Bibby will be trade before the trade deadline. For who?? I don't know..but Iverson would be a good one. Oh well:(

I mean, no offense to Mike Bibby, but if he thinks he's better than Allen Iverson and that the Kings wouldn't try to trade him he's delusional. I'm sure it was a tulmultuous couple of days, but that's why he's being paid $12 million a year. It's the life of an NBA player.

From what I am reading, Bibby nixed the deal because of having to be reunited with his Dad. A three team deal was worked on with GSW but the Maloofs were wary of Baron injury problems and Dalembert's contract.

I mean, no offense to Mike Bibby, but if he thinks he's better than Allen Iverson and that the Kings wouldn't try to trade him he's delusional. I'm sure it was a tulmultuous couple of days, but that's why he's being paid $12 million a year. It's the life of an NBA player.
True, but now he knows it's imminent, even though I'm sure he knew it was a possibility before. That must affect your mindset as a player.

I agree. I think Bibby being upset is overblown. He's a big boy who knows that trades happen and he knows he's got an option contract. He wasn't born yesterday.

I also don't think that just because we don't get AI, doesn't mean we won't ever make a trade this season.

We needed big men. We still need big men.

nbrans said:
Did I miss something? :confused: I thought Bibby already said something to the effect of he's already been traded before, that he understands that it's a business and that it's hard for even the players to figure out which rumors have teeth. But of course his job is to ignore what's going on and keep playing, which he's trying his best to do and thinks that it shouldn't affect his play. That sounds like a pretty realistic take to me. So where did this "I am better than AI and the kings won't trade me for him" thing come from?

Did I miss something? :confused: I thought Bibby already said something to the effect of he's already been traded before, that he understands that it's a business and that it's hard for even the players to figure out which rumors have teeth. But of course his job is to ignore what's going on and keep playing, which he's trying his best to do and thinks that it shouldn't affect his play. That sounds like a pretty realistic take to me. So where did this "I am better than AI and the kings won't trade me for him" thing come from?
Right, that's what I'm saying. I'm not trying to put words in Bibby's mouth, I'm just saying that if he's a professional, which he is, it shouldn't be that big a deal. I mean, ego bruise, yes, but I don't think people should be so worried about his feelings.

Some more random thoughts:

- The Maloofs chose Bloomberg for their scoop? What's up with that?
- If this deal can't be done until Friday (which is the first day when guys who signed free agency deals can be traded) and the Kings have a game tonight they would have been faced with a choice of sitting out the guys that might be involved in the deal, playing them even though they're dead men walking, or make a public statement that there's no trade. Maybe the Kings gave the Sixers a deadline because of the game tonight (i.e. the time they needed people on the bus to Oakland) and that deadline passed.

Again, all speculation, I'm just really curious.

Cal-King said:
I agree. I think Bibby being upset is overblown. He's a big boy who knows that trades happen and he knows he's got an option contract. He wasn't born yesterday.

I also don't think that just because we don't get AI, doesn't mean we won't ever make a trade this season.

We needed big men. We still need big men.

Exactly.