Mario Elie - Gone from Warriors organization...

First Monty was out. Then Nellie was in. Then Reilly was in. Then Silas was in. Now, Elie is out according to Marcus Thompson of the CC Times. Nothing like some late August/ early September coaching drama in Warriors land.
We all want to wish Mario Elie the best. He'll get a head coaching job soon enough. Elie should have replaced Coach Montgomery last season during one of those painful 5+ game losing streaks. It must have killed him to work under the worst coach in the NBA last season and get passed over for the Warriors head coaching spot even though the Kings were considering him to lead their squad. Where's the love?
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/story/2006/9/15/21744/0701

Wow, quite the changes going on in GS. There goes any possibility of another Nelson mentoring, ala Avery Johnson. I think Elie will indeed get a head coaching spot in the next couple seasons.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That's quite the surprise actually given that Mario played with Mullin and for Nelson (as a favorite I thought). I had generally asumedhe would be Don's #1 = use the extra prestige to go off and land a head coach job in the next few years.

I wonder if there is a betting pool going on each time the GS make a personnel change, on how long they will last. Is there any other NBA team that has more of a revolving door than them??

Probably was too tough of a team-minded and defensive player :p (actually I have no idea why, and don't really care).

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I wonder if there is a betting pool going on each time the GS make a personnel change, on how long they will last. Is there any other NBA team that has more of a revolving door than them??
Washington. No team has had more coaches and GM's since '96 than the Wizards.