Magic is In the Works

S

Spanishfree

Well, in my opinion. Orlando cant afford to keep so many talented little guys. They have promise, but its difficult to decide which ones deserve the big bucks. This is where the kings come in. We take Jameer Nelson or Arroyo of thier books and they get, well, whatever they want. Its no suprise our Kings are in full rebuild mode. So in conclusion, I would like to trade a semi-scrub like Garcia for a semi-stud like Arroyo to equalize the bench. As of now, its a dogfight b/w alot of people for bench spark. Trading for arroyo would solve that issue immediately. darko and filler for KT sounds like a good deal for both teams. KT is 19 and 9. Darko is...not. As of now, KT is worth more on the court. So the Otis wouldn't need to be drunk, just smart in deciding who on our roster would help him the most.

I wouldn't trade KT for a 1st pick bust, and Francisco for a Pistons bench reject. No thank you. :/
Unbelieveable....

Darko isn't going to be a bust. Anyone who thinks he was/is a bust doesn't have a sense of a thing called time. Well, guess what? He got regular minutes in Orlando for half of the season off the bench, and guess how he did? He played well and impressed several times. I watched the Magic with solid regularity last season, especially during the 2nd half of it.

Imagine how Darko will be with full seasons of oppurtunity to develop and play consistently. Which he'll get in Orlando.

Unbelieveable....

Darko isn't going to be a bust. Anyone who thinks he was/is a bust doesn't have a sense of a thing called time. Well, guess what? He got regular minutes in Orlando for half of the season off the bench, and guess how he did? He played well and impressed several times. I watched the Magic with solid regularity last season, especially during the 2nd half of it.

Imagine how Darko will be with full seasons of oppurtunity to develop and play consistently. Which he'll get in Orlando.
with time he'll probably become a pretty good player, but SO FAR he's been nothing but a bust. he's had quite some time to show off his skills in the nba, and nobody's been impressed yet. when you get picked first, second or third, you BETTER start contributing to the team as soon as you step your foor on the court

but with time he'll definitely be something, but you gotta agree he hasn't met the expectations yet

PS moderator, could you please take me off the probation period? I'm trying to talk but have to wait 3 hours for my posts to get approved lol

R

Rome

I wouldn't trade KT for a 1st pick bust, and Francisco for a Pistons bench reject. No thank you. :/
The guy gets only 1 minute per game in Detroit and you call him a bust? Hello? The kid had to fight for PT behind Ben Wallace, Rasheed and McDyess.

You obviously havn't seen him play for Orlando. With consistent pt of 20 minutes a game, Darko averaged 8 ppg, 4 rpg, 1 apg, and almost 2 bpg.

He's only going to get better. His rebounding would be much higher if he came to Sac because he currently plays behind one of the best rebounders in the game, Dwight Howard.

And Arroyo isn't that bad either. Sure he doesn't score as much as you would want him to but he comes out and plays defense and dishes assists. He also showed he can score during the Olympics.

Unbelieveable....

Unfortunately for Darko however, anything short of 20 and 10 every night and he will be considered a bust just because of the draft he was in and the number he went.

Unfortunately for Darko however, anything short of 20 and 10 every night and he will be considered a bust just because of the draft he was in and the number he went.
You are definitley right. I don't know how you could consider Darko to not be a bust at this point. They took him ahead of Carmelo, Wade and Bosh. Imagine if they would have taken one of those 3. They would have had at least another title IMO.

That said, Darko can still turn out to be a decent player, but 20 and 10 will be very difficult to do, especially the 20 points.

You can't consider Darko a bust yet because he's simply just getting the quality oppurtunity in Orlando. He didn't get any time in Detroit because of the players ahead of him and what the Pistons focus and amibition was.

The tools he has, and the situation he's in now, definitely lean towards Darko developing into a good player or better.

Last edited:
Well, in my opinion. Orlando cant afford to keep so many talented little guys. They have promise, but its difficult to decide which ones deserve the big bucks. This is where the kings come in. We take Jameer Nelson or Arroyo of thier books and they get, well, whatever they want. Its no suprise our Kings are in full rebuild mode. So in conclusion, I would like to trade a semi-scrub like Garcia for a semi-stud like Arroyo to equalize the bench. As of now, its a dogfight b/w alot of people for bench spark. Trading for arroyo would solve that issue immediately.
As resident of Orlando, i do know alot of about the team. And magic won't trade Arroyo. Arroyo is a great spark of the bench and could start if any thing ever happen to Jameer. And as a kings fan you should know how diffuclt it is to find a decent backup pg, with that being said why would the magic trade their only one??? ( Dooling is more of a 2). And also Arroyo brings alot of money to the magic since he is from P.R. and many from of orlando are P.R. or some other hispanic race. And if Arroyo is ever traded i really don't think it will be for Garcia, with players such as Redick, Bogans, Hedo, Arzia, Dooling I really don't think there is a need for a player such as Garica on the team.

And to answer who will get big pay days for the magic, it will most likely be Jameer, Dwight and Darko if he keeps playing as he did at the end of last season.

darko and filler for KT sounds like a good deal for both teams. KT is 19 and 9. Darko is...not. As of now, KT is worth more on the court.
KT is 19 and 9 is the worst statment i have every heard in a long time, lol. When was he ever a 19 and 9 player.

Seriously Darko and filler for KT is just a bad trade for the magic how ever you like to spin it. Darko has shown vast improvement in the little time he has spent in Orlando and has shown that he will be a very very good player. He has a great all around game, and has shown that he could do more then the avg center. With all that being said why would the magic trade him for Thomas who is older, turnover prone and could only rebound???

So the Otis wouldn't need to be drunk, just smart in deciding who on our roster would help him the most.
Yes, he does need to be drunk to do this deal, lol.

You are definitley right. I don't know how you could consider Darko to not be a bust at this point. They took him ahead of Carmelo, Wade and Bosh. Imagine if they would have taken one of those 3. They would have had at least another title IMO.

That said, Darko can still turn out to be a decent player, but 20 and 10 will be very difficult to do, especially the 20 points
The only reason i don't consider him a bust is because he is fanilly getting some time and is improving. Last season was like his rookie season because he saw little to no time in the years he played for detroit.

From what i have seen he could easily get that 20 plus per points per game in 2 or 3 years. The only thing that could stop that is if the magic really do try to get Vince Carter next off season but doesn't make much sense do to his age and how far this team is really are from really contending.

Darko rebounding numbers is what is really going to take a hit just because he plays with Dwight, if you put him on any other team he would easily give u 12 rebounds per game but on the magic only 8 or 9. At worst Darko's game and stats will resmeble Okur but i think he will surpas that and will show that he belonged in the darft class with LBJ, Carmelo, Wade, Bosh and so on.

But any way the magic look stacked in 3 years this is what i predict the stats of Jameer, Darko, Dwight will be.

Darko: 23 points, 8 rebounds, 2blks

Dwight: 21 points, 14 rebounds, 3blks

Jameer: 16 poins, 7 ast, 2 stls

Even if Darko turns into an above average player, I will consider him a bust. He was taken way too high in a very good draft above future Hall-of-Fame quality players. Detroit had a chance to take a guy (Carmelo) that would have given them an excellent chance at creating a dynasty. The past couple years, they have not a good bench to say the least. Taking Carmelo, who was a flat out awesome college player, would have added a whole nother demension to that team.

I like Darko as a player, and I'm glad that he is getting quality minutes. He will be a good defensive player, but I don't see him being a good enough offensive player to be worthy of the #2 pick of one of the best drafts ever.

milic is 21 how is he a bust already? i dont know about those numbers 23/8 though, those are dirk type numbers. And as far as Arroyo, he seems to show well in int'l competitions, but his ability to play in the NBA is still very suspect. He's small, isn't very athletic and his shooting/scoring is average, he's kinda average through and through.

milic is 21 how is he a bust already? i dont know about those numbers 23/8 though, those are dirk type numbers. And as far as Arroyo, he seems to show well in int'l competitions, but his ability to play in the NBA is still very suspect. He's small, isn't very athletic and his shooting/scoring is average, he's kinda average through and through.
Ok, I guess he has a minute chance to improve exponentially and average 20 and 10. I don't see it happening though...

I'm also from Orlando and have a chance to hear and read about the Magic.

DaMan is right, Arroyo isn't going any where. While his NBA skills may be suspect, he definately puts people in the seats. I've even read that now Puerto Rican travel agencies have packaged Disney tickets along with Magic tickets as a vacation package. It would be a terrible business decision to give up Arroyo for that type of deal.

Second, I don't think it's wise to say you don't want a player because he's a draft bust. It's all about what the expectations and what the team sacrifices in order to get said player.

In this situation, Darko cost the Detroit Pistons a second overall pick. With franchise players like Anthony, Bosh and D-Wade still on the board, okay he could be labeled a bust BUT only to the Pistons.

To Orlando, they received Darko and Arroyo for an injury plagued Kelvin Cato and a top 6 protect first round draft pick. Couple that with expectations that he would compliment Dwight Howard by being a dominant shot blocker on defense and stretch the defensive front court with his mid-range shot, and not that he would take over the team. Orlando definately made out in that deal and I would hardly call Darko a bust in this trade.

Now if Sacramento were to receive Darko, even straight up for Kenny Thomas, Sacramento would come ahead in the deal. The Kings would rid themselves of a very difficult contract to move, a malcontent and remove a PF controversy in the locker room. And for what a young PF/C with excellent shot blocking skills (which the Kings obviously need) and a ton of potential?

I'm sorry but if the Kings were not to pull that trade, Petrie would have to be the worst GM in the league.

Finally, the jury is still out on Darko. He's only 21 years old and it usually take time to develop big men in the NBA. Even with that in mind, when Darko was drafted, everyone said he's a project Center. It would take a few years to develop him. Detriot was in the middle of championship mode and could not sacrifice his playing time and development.

I don't think Darko is a bust because it's not his skills that made him a non-factor, it was the situation.

Darko has shown a good jumper with range already, has shown capability of playing well down in the post, and of course your regular hustle points. I'd say as he develops and does indeed get the oppurtunity, he should be a good offensive player. He'll be a good rebounder and defensive presence.

JonBoy418 said:
Finally, the jury is still out on Darko. He's only 21 years old and it usually take time to develop big men in the NBA. Even with that in mind, when Darko was drafted, everyone said he's a project Center. It would take a few years to develop him. Detriot was in the middle of championship mode and could not sacrifice his playing time and development.

I don't think Darko is a bust because it's not his skills that made him a non-factor, it was the situation.
Spot on.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Rebounding is a significant question. Will he be even average? Or is he just another Euro softie? Only time will tell.

Shotblocking is already there bigtime.

Darko isn't a bust for the Pistons because they never played him.

03-04: 1.4 PPG, .44 BPG, 1.3 RPG, 34 games, 4.7 MPG

04-05: 1.8 PPG, .46 BPG, 1.2 RPG, 37 games (2 starts), 6.9 MPG

half of 05-06: 1.5 PPG, .60 BPG, 1.1 RPG, 25 games, 5.1 MPG

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darko_milicic/index.html

Detroit just wasn't the right situation for a young big man to develop.

Why would the Pistons do that when they had Rasheed Wallace/Ben Wallace/Elden Campbell/Antonio McDyess/Corliss Williamson/Mehmet Okur - all ahead of him, during his time with the Pistons. Who were a team competing and aiming to get to the finals.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That still makes him a bust for the Pistons. They had the #2 pick int eh draft, and from their perspective got absolutely nothing out of it that they could use. Now that it appears their contending years are likely over, they are going to look back at some of the opportunities missed -- the #2 pick, Okur etc. and wonder what could have been.

Detroit just wasn't the right situation for a young big man to develop.
That's proving my point. The Pistons drafted him and he contributed nothing to the team when they could have had Carmelo Anthony. Like Brick said, all they can do know is wonder what could have been. If that isn't a bust I really do not know what its....

I agree in a way. But in that case, I don't think he busted for the Pistons, more like it wasn't meant to be for the Pistons, and just couldn't use him for obvious reasons. They screwed up.

Darko just wasn't in the right situation, like he will be in Orlando. So, he isn't a bust to me until he proves he doesn't turn out to be something good or better, with the setting he'll have now that suits him to develop in Orlando.

A true bust to me are guys like Michael Olowokandi, Chris Mihm, DeMarr Johnson, Mike Dunleavy, Kwame Brown (might be able to get better, who knows though), Eddie Griffin, Marcus Fizer, Darius Miles, Stromile Swift.

Last edited:
If you want a bubble burster, I just talked to Otis Smith, GM of the Magic...and he laughed at the idea. lol

And Darko is their future. He set that in stone for me.