Harrington Deal Dead

18th August, 2006 - 8:22 pm

Atlanta Journal-Constitution -
Free agent forward Al Harrington said on Friday that the proposed sign-and-trade deal that would send him to Indiana is now dead.

"The Indiana deal was something that I really wanted to do. I was looking forward to it since it's a place I'm so familiar with. But it didn't happen. I want to be somewhere I'm wanted, and these other teams are really interested.

"I feel like I can make an impact with any of those teams, whichever uniform I end up wearing. But ultimately, you have to go where you are wanted."

Denver, Golden State, Minnesota and the Los Angeles Lakers will reemerge in the hopes of landing Harrington.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41952/19691231/harrington_deal_dead/

Wow, what an end for Indy... well, I don't really care where he goes now. Minnesota should get him, that'd help them out a bunch. If they don't get him, then the Wolves aren't being aggressive, and shows KG how the organization feels. As KG referenced in a recent interview.

James
Hassell or Davis
Harrington
KG
Blount

I'd be digging that for Minny. If they can get Reggie Evans, that's a plus.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=558875 - Indy reaction.

Last edited:
lol

What a bungle.

The first time in... ever, I think... that I have been dissappointed in the ownership.

Whateva, sorta just glad it's over. And it also means more time for one-dimensional stiffs like Jeff Foster.... yey :eek:

It will be deep dodo if Al ends up with the Lakers.
To me it won't. He doesn't really bring what they need, sure he makes them some better, but not level-jumping, like you seemingly think.

Can't see Lakes giving up on Bynum, a player who could develop into what they do need, for Harrington. Mihm won't fit in Atlanta, Mihm has also been a decent big for the Lakers, and if they trade him for Harrington, then their front-line gets weak with Kwame/Bynum/Turiaf/Walton/Odom/Radmanovic. Three tweener fowards and the other three are young, developing, questionable bigs. PF/C is already iffy as it is now for the Lakers.

Hawks are really set at every position with guys they like. Outside of the aformentioned two, I can't see anyone else they'd want from the Lakers.

Last edited:
Al and Bonzi might both end up being losers in this FA cycle.

This opens the door for a Bonzi to Indy deal, but Indy's always been a conservative player on the FA market (outside of their own players). I can see a 3-year 23-25 million deal, but not much more than that. I expect to see Bonzi talk about how he's happy with playing in his home state... and all that junk if such a deal happens. He, if reports are accurate, would've made more with us. Indy, if healthy, could be contenders in the East. Here in Sac, not so much.

As for Al, not much out there now and the teams mentioned don't look like places to be. LA might be the most ideal, but GS and Minny would put him out of place. Baron is an up-tempo PG and Al is more a half-court player. In Minny he plays similar spots as KG. KG is looking for a way out and without him they go nowhere. Without KG, Minny is not a place I'd want to be. LA doesn’t have much to barter with.

Last edited:
To me it won't. He doesn't really bring what they need, sure he makes them some better, but not level-jumping, like you seemingly think.

Can't see Lakes giving up on Bynum, a player who could develop into what they do need, for Harrington. Mihm won't fit in Atlanta, Mihm has also been a decent big for the Lakers, and if they trade him for Harrington, then their front-line gets weak with Kwame/Bynum/Turiaf/Walton/Odom/Radmanovic. Three tweener fowards and the other three are young, developing, questionable bigs. PF/C is already iffy as it is now for the Lakers.

Hawks are really set at every position with guys they like. Outside of the aformentioned two, I can't see anyone else they'd want from the Lakers.

You do know that Atlanta has yet to sign Lorenzn Wright? As it stands the only center Atlanta has is Zaza.

Yes, the Pacers still hold their MLE and I agree that there is a good chance of Bonzi going to the Pacers.

However, you can't sign the MLE for just 1 season. You have to do so for 2 seasons or more.