All things Woods ...updated (merged)

PLENTY of times, hes good at rebounding but thats about it when he got opportunitys he still lacked productivity.

if anyone is holding out hope for him then you're in denial if you're waiting to see him play until you judge him then it's understandable.
You saw him plenty of times, but you had to go ask the Raptor board(s) about him, asked "who the hell is Loren Woods?" and I responded with giving you various info sources about him?

Disagree he's just a rebounder based on game logs/04-05 season, and whats been said about him in other various places. If he was just a rebounder, we would of just went with Potapenko, traded for Fortson or tried to get Reggie Evans to play a small center.

I'm the latter. ;)

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
You saw him plenty of times, but you had to go ask the Raptor board(s) about him?

Disagree he's just a rebounder based on game logs/04-05 season, and whats been said about him in other various places. If he was just a rebounder, we would of just went with Potapenko, traded for Fortson or tried to get Reggie Evans to play a small center.

I'm the latter.
I only asked the Raptor fans because i want there opinion on him, and if Woods can be better under a new scenery. but yes i have seen him play he's pretty good at the low-post but ( awfully ) inconsistent. his only strength is rebounding and blocking hes not really productive at the Offensive game or any other statistics.

I only asked the Raptor fans because i want there opinion on him, and if Woods can be better under a new scenery. but yes i have seen him play he's pretty good at the low-post but ( awfully ) inconsistent. his only strength is rebounding and blocking hes not really productive at the Offensive game or any other statistics.​
I understand you missed quoting my edited post.

So, why did you ask "who the hell is Loren Woods?" then? If you've already seen him play a lot, why didn't you just say what you said in your 2nd to last post and the one above, originally?

I guess you made a mistake on him just being able to rebound...

Woods isn't going to be out there for offense, he'll get his points here and there, sure.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
So, why did you ask "who the hell is Loren Woods?" then? If you've already seen him play a lot, why didn't you just say what you said in your 2nd to last post originally?
Because, he's not what i expected and hes not really noticed around the NBA League i have seen him play but what good does that do when i don't like his game? he's inconsistent on every part of his game yes even his strengths.

Because, he's not what i expected and hes not really noticed around the NBA League i have seen him play but what good does that do when i don't like his game? he's inconsistent on every part of his game yes even his strengths.
I don't get why you asked who is he, said you don't even know him, had to ask Raptor boards about him, yet you've already seen him play a bunch.... You're either lying and basing it off what you read from Raptor fans, or you suddenly remembered you've seen Woods play a lot. Also said he was just able to rebound, then said he could rebound and block shots, after my post with evidence saying he has that ability.

I must be missing something, because I don't get your turn of view from your posts yesterday and the day before, from just lately. Being pretty opposite.

Last edited:
And Kings113 wins the thread. :)

Look NOBODY is sitting here saying Loren Woods is Dream Jr. He simply brings what we need = rebounding and shotblocking. I don't care if the guy can shoot jumpers off of one foot backwards with a blindfold on. In fact, if I see him even attempt to showcase his offensive talent I'll fire him myself. JUST REBOUND AND BLOCKSHOTS!!!

If he comes in and doesn't give 110%, well...take a guess what will happen.

I'll wait to see what a little Arco thunder can do for the guy. He is a King now and I'll support him.

Kings113 said:
I don't get why you asked who is he, had to ask Raptor boards about him, yet you've already seen him play a bunch.... You're either lying and basing it off what you read from Raptor fans, or you suddenly remembered you've seem Woods play a lot. Also said he was a just able to rebound, then said he could rebound and block shots, after my post with evidence saying he has that ability.

I must be missing something, because I don't get your turn of view from your posts yesterday from just lately. Being opposite.
I told you.... i only asked Raptors fan to give there opinion on Wood's new scenery why are you making a big deal about it? i agree with you're statement that everyone should wait until we judge Wood's but in reality none of us should expect much from him he will barly get 15 minutes he'll probably get lucky to get 10 minutes.

I told you.... i only asked Raptors fan to give there opinion on Wood's new scenery why are you making a big deal about it? i agree with you're statement that everyone should wait until we judge Wood's but in reality none of us should expect much from him he will barly get 15 minutes he'll probably get lucky to get 10 minutes.
I'm not making a big deal, I'm just wondering what is up with the turn of opinion in your posts lately, from the last two days. First having little to no clue about him, asking Raptors fans and this board about him, then just before saying you've seen him play plenty of times, saying he's just a rebounder, then saying he can rebound and block shots after my post saying he has the ability to.

Also, why would Raptor fans have any idea about how Woods would do with a different team? They don't know the extent of the Kings franchise and it's direction.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
I'm not making a big deal, I'm just wondering what is up with the turn of opinion in your posts lately, from the last two days. First having little to no clue about him, asking Raptors fans and this board about him, then just before saying you've seen him play plenty of times, saying he's just a rebounder, then saying he can rebound and block shots after my post saying he has the ability to.

Also, why would Raptor fans have any idea about how Woods would do with a different team? They don't know the extent of the Kings franchise and it's direction.
Because, i wanted to know rather he can Suceed with a new change in his 'Career'. it had nothing to do with what i didn't know i was just wondering what the Raptor fans would think. it's not a big deal really...

Kings113 said:
You're avoiding my questions, they were quoted in your post above. I'd just like them answered.
I think you're ignoreing what i'm trying to do here, first of all.

I mentioned i only wanted to know if Raptors would think a change scenery would help Wood's career

I have seen Woods play but that doesn't mean i would act like i REALLY know the acquisition player.

it's not a big deal Kings113, have i seen Woods play? yes do i like the acquisition? no is there a chance he can contribute somehow? sure lets move on and give it a rest.

I think you're ignoreing what i'm trying to do here, first of all.

I mentioned i only wanted to know if Raptors would think a change scenery would help Wood's career

I have seen Woods play but that doesn't mean i would act like i REALLY know the acquisition player.

it's not a big deal Kings113, have i seen Woods play? yes do i like the acquisition? no is there a chance he can contribute somehow? sure lets move on and give it a rest.
1. What are you trying to do here? I don't get it with your basically complete turn around of opinion on Loren Woods, compared to your past posts about him in this thread.

2. But with that change of scenery being the Sacramento Kings organization, why would Toronto Raptors fans know about that? (like I asked before).

3. What is the point of that though? That just doesn't make sense. (similar to what I asked before)

My intent isn't and hasn't been harsh here, it's just strange how your view has drastically changed lately on Woods in the matter of 1 or 2 days.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
What are you trying to do here? I don't get it with your basically complete turn around of opinion on Loren Woods, compared to your past posts about him in this thread.

But with that change of scenery being the Sacramento Kings organization, why would Toronto Raptors fans know about that? (like I asked before)

What is the point of that though? That just doesn't make sense. (similar to what I asked before)

My intent isn't and hasn't been harsh here, it's just strange how your view has drastically changed on Woods in the matter of 1 or 2 days.
Because, they might THINK it will help his career i didn't ask them because i expected facts i only asked to get opinions. the point is i wanted to know let's not make a big deal out of this Kings113, and no my view has NOT changed it's still the same i said in a previous post yesterday that Wood's can rebound and block a few shots but thats about it.

this is a pointless arguement and it's gonna be a agree-to-disagree contest let's just give it a rest Kings113 it's not worth my energy or yours.

Because, they might THINK it will help his career i didn't ask them because i expected facts i only asked to get opinions. the point is i wanted to know

let's not make a big deal out of this Kings113, and no my view has NOT changed it's still the same i said in a previous post yesterday that Wood's can rebound and block a few shots but thats about it.​

this is a pointless arguement and it's gonna be a agree-to-disagree contest let's just give it a rest Kings113 it's not worth my energy or yours.​
Generally, Raptor fans views in relation to a player like Woods going to the Kings just isn't relevant.

It's not an argument, and it's not a big deal. I'm just wondering what the heck is going on with your u-turn of opinion on Loren Woods. That's not an argument, it's a request.

What is your view on Loren Woods then? Is it the clueless, almost non-existant, question asking one from the last 1-2 days, or the one just before where you put all this info out on him and said you've seen him a whole lot?

Once again, all I'm asking is answers to my questions. By avoiding them, my wondering isn't going away just like that.

Energy? I'm relaxed and it's later at night. ;)

Last edited:
My view, on Wood's is he can play some back-up minutes but no one should expect him to play more then 10-15 mintues. i have no expectations set for him or Salmons but atleast i expect Salmons to contribute more then Woods.

SacTownKid said:
Heres another question - What do you want Loren Woods to do then?

I'd say rebound and block a few shots sounds like gravy to me!
Is that question directed to me? because i don't even know if Woods can block shots and rebound consistently or even "occasionally".

no one should expect much from him... but you can still wait until he plays until you give judgement.

My view, on Wood's is he can play some back-up minutes but no one should expect him to play more then 10-15 mintues. i have no expectations set for him or Salmons but atleast i expect Salmons to contribute more then Woods.
Alright chap, now you're just obviously ignoring my questions I just asked, and have been asking for the past several posts.

The questions are in bold text:

Generally, Raptor fans views in relation to a player like Woods going to the Kings just isn't relevant.

It's not an argument, and it's not a big deal. I'm just wondering what the heck is going on with your u-turn of opinion on Loren Woods. That's not an argument, it's a request.

What is your view on Loren Woods then? Is it the clueless, almost non-existant, question asking one from the last 1-2 days, or the one just before where you put all this info out on him and said you've seen him a whole lot?

Once again, all I'm asking is answers to my questions. By avoiding them, my wondering isn't going away just like that.

Energy? I'm relaxed and it's later at night.
In the second bold, I think I meant "situation" moreso than "view".

Last edited:
I was a major Tag backer. Not because the guy is the greatest center of all time, but because he could come in and rebound and block a few shots.

He got anywhere from 10-15 minutes a game, the problem I had was that he would get the minutes one game, and then sit the next 3 out for no good reason. I just hope Loren can come in and shut down the paint for us when needed. I am 100% sure that is the thinking behind this move.

Loren IS our backup C at this point. Nobody is saying he is going to come in, unseat Brad Miller, and take us to the championship. But at this point you could definately say we have a lot more shotblocking then we have had in a long time.

Kings113 said:
I'm just wondering what the heck is going on with your u-turn of opinion on Loren Woods. That's not an argument, it's a request.

What is your view on Loren Woods then? Is it the clueless, question asking one from the last 1-2 days, or the one just before where you put all this info out on him and said you've seen him a whole lot?
I already gaved my reasons, frankly no one knows Loren Woods and even though i have seen him play i still find myself wondering who he is. again this is not about what i knew and whatever you're trying to do here.

I already gaved my reasons, frankly no one knows Loren Woods and even though i have seen him play i still find myself wondering who he is. again this is not about what i knew and whatever you're trying to do here.
No you didn't.

If you already did give your reasons, I didn't understand them. Explain how you answered those above questions, and similar intented questions in my past several posts?

Overall, what I'm trying to do is for you to just simply answer the above questions that you and I just quoted, man (summarized questions from my past posts).

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
No you didn't. If you already did give your reasons, explain how you answered those above questions, and similar intented questions in my past several posts?
I never did any different saying in you're posts then i am right now. i told you once we got Woods he was a scrub and he is i told you hes a good to avg rebounder and thats what he is what else do you want me to say? just because i intended to say " Who the heck is Woods " does that mean i have not seen Wood's play.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I was a major Tag backer. Not because the guy is the greatest center of all time, but because he could come in and rebound and block a few shots.

He got anywhere from 10-15 minutes a game, the problem I had was that he would get the minutes one game, and then sit the next 3 out for no good reason. I just hope Loren can come in and shut down the paint for us when needed. I am 100% sure that is the thinking behind this move.

Loren IS our backup C at this point. Nobody is saying he is going to come in, unseat Brad Miller, and take us to the championship. But at this point you could definately say we have a lot more shotblocking then we have had in a long time.
Woods is not a great shotblocker. A good one, yes. But low level and nowhere near as prolific as say Tag himself was. Forgot the exact career numbers, but something like .6 in 11.5min or some such. Nice, but even extended out dubiously into full starter minutes not dominant (compare to Tag's career 1.7 or so in 20mpg). Also not in Tag's league as an accomplished player. A full level below at least. Probably a smidgeon better than Skinner as a shotblocker, just on size alone, but this is not a shutdown interior defender. And he's still dealing with the same thing Skinner was last year: three softy skill bigs in front of him who demand and will chew up major minutes in Miller, SAR, Thomas. Then he has to beat out Potapenko for any scraps, who he may not be better than. By the time you get done, his minutes could be looking as small as his contract.

Last edited:
I never did any different saying in you're posts then i am right now. i told you once we got Woods he was a scrub and he is i told you hes a good to avg rebounder and thats what he is what else do you want me to say? just because i intended to say " Who the heck is Woods " does that mean i have not seen Wood's play.
Yes you said he was a scrub, and that he "seems like a scrub".

Well, you still didn't answer the above questions that were summarized from my past lot of posts, that you and me quoted.

I just don't get what in the hell happened from your lack of view/question asking about Woods, from 1-2 days ago. Then, out of nowhere, you have the stuff from the last hour or so, where you're saying you've seen Woods plenty of times along with other information.

Absolutely ridiculous, and I'm done. :)

Last edited:
Woods is not a great shotblocker. A good one, yes. But low level and nowhere near as prolific as say Tag himself was. Forgot the exact career numbers, but something like .6 in 11.5min or some such. Nice, but even extended out dubiously into full starter minutes not dominant. Also not in Tag's league as an accomplished player. A full level below at least. Probably a smidgeon better than Skinner in that regard, just on size alone, but this is not a shutdown interior defender. And he's still dealing wiht the same thing Skinner was last year: three softy skill bigs in front of him who demand and will chew up major minutes in Miller, SAR, Thomas. Then he has to beat out Potapenko for any scraps, who he may not be better than. By the time you get done, his minutes could be looking as small as his contract.

Check the last two season's where he at least had a shot at being a rotation player. Nearly one a game in 12 minutes of action. That is pretty dang good.

I don't know how the new coaching situation will effect the "softy skill bigs" and their minutes. If we get pounded in the paint and our best shotblocker rides the pine then clearly we are no different from seasons past. Muss has been known to use hustle guys before and Loren would fall in that category. More of a specialized talent.

Check the last two season's where he at least had a shot at being a rotation player. Nearly one a game in 12 minutes of action. That is pretty dang good.

I don't know how the new coaching situation will effect the "softy skill bigs" and their minutes. If we get pounded in the paint and our best shotblocker rides the pine then clearly we are no different from seasons past. Muss has been known to use hustle guys before and Loren would fall in that category. More of a specialized talent.
I think Woods could be used in some form of regularity. I'm not even considering Potapenko as relevant to us right now, at least not until training camp. ;)

CAREER AVERAGES
REBOUNDS PER GAME
YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
01-02 MIN 60 0 8.6 .344 .000 .733 .8 1.3 2.0 .4 .28 .57 .60 1.00 1.8
02-03 MIN 38 11 9.3 .382 .333 .778 .7 1.8 2.5 .5 .26 .34 .61 1.00 2.1
03-04 MIA 38 2 13.3 .458 .000 .600 1.7 1.8 3.5 .3 .29 .50 .68 1.40 3.2
04-05 TOR 45 30 15.8 .433 .000 .576 1.8 3.1 4.9 .4 .18 .87 .82 1.70 3.9
05-06 TOR 27 4 12.0 .475 .000 .429 1.6 2.4 4.1 .1 .33 .85 .59 1.80 2.3
Career 208 47 11.6 .418 .143 .642 1.3 2.0 3.3 .3 .26 .60 .66 1.30 2.6
Playoff 3 0 1.3 .333 .000 .000 .3 .0 .3 .0 .00 .00 .00 .00 .7

CAREER TOTALS

The more minutes he got, the more blocks he got--I like. I hope Petrie doesn't expect Woods to completely solve our defense in the paint, he will help, but you can't ask him to shut down people in the paint. We still need more help in the paint and its pretty obvious.

He is entering his 6th year. The minimum salary for an NBA player going into their 6th year is $935K which is probably what he is making......again, he is signed for the MINIMUM!!!!!

Can we please not analyze every aspect of his game and assume that this is the worst signing in the history of the NBA and the Kings will never be good again????