NFL 2024-2025 Thread

Purdy's decision making has taken a significant dip over the years...Early on in his career, Brock never made so many bad decisions on the fly (at least based on what I can remember). But, as his career has evolved, so has his, at times, subpar decision-making skills. Especially during crucial parts of the games, when he needs to virtually be flawless with the football, and his mind.

I understand that most of what happened today can be attributed to the fact that the Chiefs are just stuck in the Niners' heads, and they can't seem to be able to get that out of their system, but my god...Much better decisions with the ball could, and most likely would, go a very long way.

As a fan who, honestly, didn't really have much of a horse in the race, and watched it with an extremely unbiased pair of eyes, that was NOT a good game for the Niners. Few bright spots? Yes. But overall? No bueno.

Andy Reid somehow turned Pat Mahomes into athletic Jimmy G. What a world.

But KC defense is legit and they can run the ball. And you still have the best QB on planet earth whenever they need a big play. I just don't understand their game plan at all, but hey.

what frosts my a** is that even after all that uninspired play and plenty of mistakes, that game was still there for the taking, just like the last 2 super bowls. It was right there! Why can't they put together a drive or 2 to take whats right in front of you?!?

I'll give Jimmy one thing, he could start the game with 2 ints but still get you a couple of TD drives to come back at the end of the game.

If Brock is off, he's usually just off all game and goes into full on bad Jimmy G mode. The good thing is those games don't happen all that often.

Your right, jimmy had that great trait of letting any mistake just roll right off his back. Its like he instantly forgot about it.

I wanna hear some opinions for Kyle Shannahans vanilla gameplan yesterday. That was his gameplan after 10 days off?
Well, considering we literally had ONE (Kittle) of our top 5 offensive weapons (Aiyuk, Deebo, CMC, Jennings) vs one of the best defenses in football, what's the gameplan supposed to be? Rookie Ricky Pearsall having to lead our WR's in snaps just could not have been something we would have projected or planned for going into this game.

This entire team is built around that strength of the position players. We've punted a good chunk of our defensive strength, we've punted addressing our O-Line problems. Because Purdy has shown he can get the ball out quick and on time to our elite position players, that's how we win games.

Problem is, those dudes just haven't held up their end of the bargain. Aiyuk has been ass the entire year and now is probably going to miss a good chunk of next season too with his ACL recovery. Deebo always has something going on and by the time he gets back, Kittle will probably have something going on too. And obviously no CMC, who's probably our best player, the entire season.

Idk. I think there's got to be some serious discussions this off-season about to invest our cap dollars. Because our incredibly expensive skill-position players that are only getting older and more injury prone isn't working.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Well, considering we literally had ONE (Kittle) of our top 5 offensive weapons (Aiyuk, Deebo, CMC, Jennings) vs one of the best defenses in football, what's the gameplan supposed to be? Rookie Ricky Pearsall having to lead our WR's in snaps just could not have been something we would have projected or planned for going into this game.

This entire team is built around that strength of the position players. We've punted a good chunk of our defensive strength, we've punted addressing our O-Line problems. Because Purdy has shown he can get the ball out quick and on time to our elite position players, that's how we win games.

Problem is, those dudes just haven't held up their end of the bargain. Aiyuk has been ass the entire year and now is probably going to miss a good chunk of next season too with his ACL recovery. Deebo always has something going on and by the time he gets back, Kittle will probably have something going on too. And obviously no CMC, who's probably our best player, the entire season.

Idk. I think there's got to be some serious discussions this off-season about to invest our cap dollars. Because our incredibly expensive skill-position players that are only getting older and more injury prone isn't working.
This is really it. As crushing as it is to be on the cusp of a championship and keep coming up short, as fans we have only ourselves to blame for the inflated expectations. It's hard to keep winning the same way year after year. Teams are going to figure you out and force you to beat them some other way.

There's still a really good baseline of young talent on this team but it's probably time to start thinking about adjusting those payroll priorities away from skill players and back toward the trenches. Give Purdy a strong O-Line and get back to building the defense around the front 7. We're wedded to Aiyuk and CMC now with injuries making them effectively untradable. Anyone else on a big contract who isn't a LB or lineman should probably be viewed as expendable.

The win-now window may already be closed but a partial rebuild isn't the worst thing in the world of it opens up another shot at a Super Bowl in 4-5 years.

This is really it. As crushing as it is to be on the cusp of a championship and keep coming up short, as fans we have only ourselves to blame for the inflated expectations. It's hard to keep winning the same way year after year. Teams are going to figure you out and force you to beat them some other way.

There's still a really good baseline of young talent on this team but it's probably time to start thinking about adjusting those payroll priorities away from skill players and back toward the trenches. Give Purdy a strong O-Line and get back to building the defense around the front 7. We're wedded to Aiyuk and CMC now with injuries making them effectively untradable. Anyone else on a big contract who isn't a LB or lineman should probably be viewed as expendable.

The win-now window may already be closed but a partial rebuild isn't the worst thing in the world of it opens up another shot at a Super Bowl in 4-5 years.
yeah. I think the only way you get past the 2-3 year win-now window is if you have Pat Mahomes, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. Generational QB's keep you in the hunt, pretty much no matter what the supporting cast is.

I think we are being stupidly hard on what our expectation of Purdy is. I posted this the other week, but he's legitimately had the best first 25 starts in NFL history. This is his 2nd full season starting. His entire supporting cast has been hurt the entire year. And he's still putting up numbers.