[Game] (Preseason) Sacramento Kings at Utah Jazz, 10/15/2024 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern (League Pass)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, the good news is that the Kings continue to rebound well: even in the blowout loss to Portland, they won the rebounding battle. And they have also done well scoring in the paint. They clean up that mess at the free throw line and shoot even as much as thirty percent from behind the arc, they're probably 3-1, 2-2 at least.

Was always going to take adjustment implementing a high USG player like DDR. Especially after our core has mostly remained intact for 2 seasons.

So I'm not expecting greatness out the gate, but you also can't tank your season with a 2-8 sort of start. Learn to play with DDR, get healthy and make a push 2nd half of the year
DeMar DeRozan is a savvy veteran. It should not take that long. Right now, I am more worried about Monk, Huerter, and Lyles coming off their respective injuries. That assumes Huerter is still with the team.

DeMar DeRozan is a savvy veteran. It should not take that long. Right now, I am more worried about Monk, Huerter, and Lyles coming off their respective injuries. That assumes Huerter is still with the team.
There's only so much ball. Insert a 22%+ player into an offense that was already pretty filled? That's best with the ball in his hands? That takes time

Will Z tweeted we were the worst team in preseason in attempts, makes and percentage. It appears that continued tonight
I don't know if it's mentioned anywhere but the opponents 3pt percentage has been pretty high in all of the matches so far.

So... first match I watched this preseason (saw some clips/tweets from the 2 matches vs GSW, was out of the country for 2 weeks), is the team still going "free flow" in offense like in the first match(es)? There wasn't an option to have Sacramento reporters today (via League Pass) so not so many details were mentioned.
The team looked not so motivated to take the win, apart from the last minutes that they tried but they couldnt...

Positive things
Rebounds, going for the offensive glass non stop against a team that in theory is good getting boards
Steals, good on the ball pressure and awareness by multiple players... 16 steals perhaps a record if it was a regular season match? Also caused the Jazz to turn the ball over multiple times.
Sabonis/Keegan/McLaughlin stood out, Sabonis was phenomenal during first half, missed the open shots from midrange though, Murray had some nice 3s and should have gone to the free throw line several times and McLaughlin was very good coming from the bench so he could be an upgrade compared with Davion
Assists, all the players contributing for a total of 32, last season we had a great record when giving 30+ but that wasn't enough this time.

Negative things
3s... couldn't hit them but Jazz were hitting them with ease, ok it's preseason but it's the 4th time this has been happening and in "modern" NBA it's almost impossible to win matches when you shoot 20% (or more) worse than your opponent. How come Keon didn't shoot any? "Spacing" not working or something?
Interior defense, that wasn't good either, there were numerous time that Jazz players "overtook" ours defender that stepped aside to let them face Sabonis/Len but there was always someone else open to get the ball if the current player didn't finish things by himself. In most of the cases he was fouled and Jazz shot 30 free throws. On the other hand Kings didn't go to the line so easily and Jazz had 12 blocks, 10 of them at first half if I am not mistaken.
Fox and Monk choice selection, many attempts most of them looked like "heroic" moves and they weren't so "fruitful".

I am aware that there are several absences but only Lyles and Huerter are the ones that will soon be back. I have no clue about the other new signings, will Orlando Robinson be back soon and if so will he be part of the rotation?

PS Sorare NBA started, I have been playing the "football" (soccer) edition for a couple of months (the "free version of it" not buying cards etc), I hope that the NBA version can be fun as well.

This game prove this team STILL has not addressed length. Jazz are crashing the board, dunking and put back....it's not a matter of playing hard...it's the lack of length. Getting DeRozen is great but not going to solve the length. Keegan doesn't play above the rim...better off settle at SF. WE need a PF with length to help Sabonis. Someone that can shoot 3s, block shots and rebound...easy say than done. Mike Brown is trying to experiment with Issac Jones and Sabonis or Sabonis and Lens? I don't think it will work...Lens doesn't shoot 3.

This game prove this team STILL has not addressed length. Jazz are crashing the board, dunking and put back....it's not a matter of playing hard...it's the lack of length. Getting DeRozen is great but not going to solve the length. Keegan doesn't play above the rim...better off settle at SF. WE need a PF with length to help Sabonis. Someone that can shoot 3s, block shots and rebound...easy say than done. Mike Brown is trying to experiment with Issac Jones and Sabonis or Sabonis and Lens? I don't think it will work...Lens doesn't shoot 3.
We had 20 offensive rebounds in this one to their 7 and out rebounded them in total rebounds. They had more defensive rebounds but that’s because we missed way too many shots. We have other problems but I don’t think rebounding is one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.